The Student Room Group

Which gender is under more pressure nowadays?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Media is defo to do with that one. Majority of the guys I know prefer girls with meat on their ass and thighs.

The more extreme ones look painful :indiff:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The more extreme ones look painful :indiff:

They really do. I find them so weird looking.
They really do. I find them so weird looking.

Looks like someone has reshapen their body by force :-/

It's like people who are double jointed and can bend things in ways that shouldn't be possible *shudders*
Females

Original post by saraxh
Females

Kylie Jenner looks prettier and younger without makeup. Now she's a 19 year old who looks like a 40 year old :/ She is going to age so badly and she'll be caking herself, just like her mum.
Kylie Jenner looks prettier and younger without makeup. Now she's a 19 year old who looks like a 40 year old :/ She is going to age so badly and she'll be caking herself, just like her mum.

It's because she felt so much pressure tbh people called her and Kendall ugly before all the plastic surgery.
Original post by saraxh
It's because she felt so much pressure tbh people called her and Kendall ugly before all the plastic surgery.

Kendall's the most natural out of all of them. I just pity Kylie Jenner. Her looks won't last forever. It's the same for Bella Hadid too. She had her nose done up.
This is probably going to get a lot of hate but hey hoe

I do kind of feel like it's easier (well, maybe not easier because it really does depend on the body and genetics of the person, but in general general... ) or, like, at least more fun, for guys to build up muscle and stuff. Like a lot of people I know, they go to the gym with friends and encourage each other, and lad culture (not that I love lad culture) does encourage sport, strength, etc. They spot and train and eat loads, which to me, sounds kind of fun, or at least it can be made fun.

there is nothing fun about having to consciously eat less, and squeeze into clothes, and get mad at high weight, or big sizes, no matter how hard ya try.

So lanky / skinny guys can be hot, and also, kind of chubby ish guys can be hot, and easily build muscle, and those in-between etc. and for guys imo if you have a banterous personality, even if you're fat, you can still be cool and attractive, whereas girls..just..sort of less so.

this is merely my perception, I understand there are exceptions, as there always are, but there you go.
Original post by Milzime

I do kind of feel like it's easier (well, maybe not easier because it really does depend on the body and genetics of the person, but in general general... ) or, like, at least more fun, for guys to build up muscle and stuff. Like a lot of people I know, they go to the gym with friends and encourage each other, and lad culture (not that I love lad culture) does encourage sport, strength, etc. They spot and train and eat loads, which to me, sounds kind of fun, or at least it can be made fun.

there is nothing fun about having to consciously eat less, and squeeze into clothes, and get mad at high weight, or big sizes, no matter how hard ya try.

So lanky / skinny guys can be hot, and also, kind of chubby ish guys can be hot, and easily build muscle, and those in-between etc. and for guys imo if you have a banterous personality, even if you're fat, you can still be cool and attractive, whereas girls..just..sort of less so.

this is merely my perception, I understand there are exceptions, as there always are, but there you go.

The eating loads could be fun, most times however it takes extra effort and If I could just magically ingest the 4000cals a day I need without eating it I would.
It's not that eating plenty isn't fun sometimes, it's that it gets in the way of working.

In terms of weight I agree yet if we take weight and height jointly and consider that some women outright refuse to date guys solely on height whilst the opposite is rarer then on balance I believe women win this as with enough effort you can adjust your weight to your liking.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XOR_
The eating loads could be fun, most times however it takes extra effort and If I could just magically ingest the 4000cals a day I need without eating it I would.
It's not that eating plenty isn't fun sometimes, it's that it gets in the way of working.

In terms of weight I agree yet if we take weight and height jointly and consider that some women outright refuse to date guys solely on height whilst the opposite is rarer then on balance I believe women win this as with enough effort you can adjust your weight to your liking.

I dunno man, I think for me it's more the fact that guys of most weights and genetic makeups can get built, or be attractive (chubby, skinny, whatever) whereas for women and girls, genetic makeup can really heavily impede weight loss, and for some people who have big bums and thighs or thick bones or whatever, it's just super hard to be happy with yourself, thinking that becoming 'skinny' (or just thinner) isn't 'that hard'... and then, it's more difficult to be perceived as attractive....

pfft idk

I'm just sour because I have big arms and there's lit no way of making them thinner. Just small ting like that, it would be way easier for me to bulk up, but slimming down is like, super hard :{
Reply 90
Original post by Milzime
I dunno man, I think for me it's more the fact that guys of most weights and genetic makeups can get built, or be attractive (chubby, skinny, whatever) whereas for women and girls, genetic makeup can really heavily impede weight loss, and for some people who have big bums and thighs or thick bones or whatever, it's just super hard to be happy with yourself, thinking that becoming 'skinny' (or just thinner) isn't 'that hard'... and then, it's more difficult to be perceived as attractive....

pfft idk

I'm just sour because I have big arms and there's lit no way of making them thinner. Just small ting like that, it would be way easier for me to bulk up, but slimming down is like, super hard :{

It's much easier to lose fat than gain muscle. To lose fat, you just need to eat a bit less, and do low Wright high intensity exercises. To gain muscle, you need to eat a lot, which is not only expensive, but it also takes time out of the day and can become a burden. You have to lift heavy which is actually much harder than doing high rep exercises with low weight and stuff like running, cycling.
Your muscles are actually dead after you have to do it for years to get really good results.
It doesn't take as long to lose fat and is just not as hard.

Before and after surgey

Original post by Milzime

Do you find 5'8'' guys attractive?
Original post by Ano123
It's much easier to lose fat than gain muscle. To lose fat, you just need to eat a bit less, and do low Wright high intensity exercises. To gain muscle, you need to eat a lot, which is not only expensive, but it also takes time out of the day and can become a burden. You have to lift heavy which is actually much harder than doing high rep exercises with low weight and stuff like running, cycling.
Your muscles are actually dead after you have to do it for years to get really good results.
It doesn't take as long to lose fat and is just not as hard.

Well maybe I just got really unlucky, as a female, who finds building muscle easier than losing fat :<
Original post by Sisuphos
Do you find 5'8'' guys attractive?

well, I'm 5"11, so they usually don't find me attractive, and I find people who are attracted to me more attractive lmao

yeah I do sometimes, but the sad and probably shallow fact is I want to 'end up with' someone who is taller than me, because then our kids will be tall and I will be able to wear heels and not feel like King Kong all the time lmao

but obvs I'm not ruling anyone out, it's just a kind of feeling I have. Who knows, I may end up with a 5"2 female. Life changes.

in the same way I can be attracted to girls, but not want to actually date them

fam sorry you asked
Reply 95
Original post by Milzime
Well maybe I just got really unlucky, as a female, who finds building muscle easier than losing fat :<

It's unlikely that you actually build muscle as in bulking up. Most women are worried that doing squats with a 10kg bar will give them big muscles like men. It will not. Women's bodies cannot naturally build muscle like men's (for the most part).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending