The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rk2k14
Esco spraying it right left n centre.

No Taylor Swift in net. She lets anything in:wink:

There'd be a blank space on the opponent's scoresheet!!
Original post by Louis.
Hoping we sign Pogba and then bring back Rafael and Park to play CM instead.

Tbh Rafael and Park is a perfect two man midfield in a 4-4-2. Abundance of energy and technical ability.
Looks like he's coming then. I think this confirms a 4-3-3 for us, will be interesting to see what comes of Rooney.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Looks like he's coming then. I think this confirms a 4-3-3 for us, will be interesting to see what comes of Rooney.

respond to PM. it was a serious quesion!!:frown:
So our updated fixture list for August and September is a load of rubbish.

AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United (Live on Sky Sports)
Sunday 14 August, 13:30 BST

Manchester United v Southampton (Live on Sky Sports)
Friday 19 August, 20:00 BST

Hull City v Manchester United (Live on BT Sport)
Saturday 27 August, 17:30 BST

Manchester United v Manchester City (Live on Sky Sports)
Saturday 10 September, 12:30 BST

Watford v Manchester United (Live on BT Sport)
Sunday 18 September, 12:00 BST

Manchester United v Leicester City (Live on Sky Sports)
Saturday 24 September, 12:30 BST

====

No Saturday 3pm matches, practically all lunchtime KO, and a silly Friday night match. No consideration for fans whatsoever.
We'll win them all
Pogba - Morgan/Carrick - Rooney

If only Rooney ****ed off.
Pogba is clearly using us to leverage a better deal from Madrid. He has said the only club he would leave Juventus for is Madrid, and Zidane has pretty much confirmed that they will go for him.
Tbf, I'm happy taking Kroos when Pogba goes to Real*
Cut price Modric deal tbh

Spoiler

Real would want Pogba but I don't think they are willing to go as far as United with the transfer going past 100m euros. If it was a choice, Pogba would go to Real. It depends whether he's willing to maybe wait a year in the hope that he'll move to Real - and the transfer fee drops - or he comes to United now. He's 23 and at worst, he'll stay for a couple of years and hopefully produce then go to Real for more than we bought him or 'worst' case he stays with us for a prolonged period! Mourinho would even be happy to bring 'Uncle Pat' back to Old Trafford if it sweetened the deal.
Lots of talk that Real's big signing of the summer competition will be Griezmann not Pogba. Madrid have deep pockets but those two deals are £200m plus, might be too much for even Madrid in a single summer.

Regardless I'm sure things will work out okay for us. LVG has actually left a decent team, and Jose has already gone about moving us up to the level we need. There are a raft of other midfielders who could push us to the required level. Pogba is obviously young and all action but more understated talents could do a similar job for the midfield if not providing that superstar edge.
Florentino won't sign a black galactico.
Original post by swirly
Florentino won't sign a black galactico.

Tbf there haven't been many but I think there have been Casemiro, Ronaldo, Robinho, makelele and baptista?
There is no point discussing prices when Real and United are involved; we are behemoths with practically unlimited budgets. 100m for Pogba is a drop in the ocean.*
Original post by samiz20891
Tbf there haven't been many but I think there have been Casemiro, Ronaldo, Robinho, makelele and baptista?

Casemiro and Makalele weren't really 'galactico' signings were they? As in the big transfer of the summer, and the RM poster boy for that year.

Ronaldo and Robinho are shouts (Mareclo too?). Maybe he is willing to sign black Brazilians. I just remember back in the day, they passed on Ronaldinho because he wasn't pretty enough to play for Real Madrid.

Actually, when you look at the list of players he's signed it seems hilariously discriminate. :lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florentino_P%C3%A9rez#Signings
Original post by Manchester United
There is no point discussing prices when Real and United are involved; we are behemoths with practically unlimited budgets. 100m for Pogba is a drop in the ocean.*

United bidding 100m is no different from West Ham bidding 40m for Lacazette or Palace bidding 30m for Benteke tbh.
Pogba is a passenger. He has never dominated a big game. Youtube player.**
@Dirtybit Boateng's diags are everything in life. Proper makes you take a step back and rethink everything in life like when Rose is staring at the Statue of Liberty and she says Dawson. Rose Dawson.
Who has decided that Pogba is world class by the way? Every time I see him play he looks completely average.

Latest