The Student Room Group

Anti-refugee people: Would you rather have a Syrian die than come to the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RobML
Money that could be spent on the NHS less important things than people's livelihood all the time. Perhaps you should complain about that before targeting migrants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh? I don't understand your message.

The UK is slowly becoming bankrupt, in part due to the large numbers of migrants working here. What do you think all of the people who claim welfare in this country are going to do with the nation becomes bankrupt and can no longer pay such welfare payments? Adding even more migrants that are going to take from the system is only going to make the problem worse.
Original post by Playmaker#10
Are you a moron? So you're saying that the United Kingdom should take in Millions of refugees because we are trying to destroy a terrorist group that kills more people than any air-strike the US has ever dropped.

Um, wasnt it the US who dropped a bomb in hiroshima?? There was what, 80 000 deaths alone caused by that incident. That's a lot.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Opinion
Huh? I don't understand your message.

The UK is slowly becoming bankrupt, in part due to the large numbers of migrants working here. What do you think all of the people who claim welfare in this country are going to do with the nation becomes bankrupt and can no longer pay such welfare payments? Adding even more migrants that are going to take from the system is only going to make the problem worse.

Not really. Migrants put more into the tax system than they take out.

It is not as if people like you really care about the economic system when you voted for a recession and cuts.
The government needs to invest in a stronger military, and post soldiers along the UK border ready to shoot these savage "refugees" on sight.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Not really. Migrants put more into the tax system than they take out.

It is not as if people like you really care about the economic system when you voted for a recession and cuts.

That is simply not true, you are referring to a child like model that looks at all migrants together and simply looks at benefits taken out and taxes paid in.

A tax payer needs to earn something like £26,000 a year just to brake even with the government, where their taxes pay for their hare of policing costs etc.

The vast vast vast majority of migrants do not earn that figure. A migrant who earns £14,000 a year, doesn't reive benefits and only pays about £100 a year in taxes is not benefiting the country, they are still a loss, however in the child model / stats that leftists refer to, this worker would appear as a benefit.

As I said, most migrants take out, importing even more migrants from Germany or Turkey (wherever they are from) is lunacy.
Original post by stevey396
The government needs to invest in a stronger military, and post soldiers along the UK border ready to shoot these savage "refugees" on sight.

Calm down Adolf..
Original post by oShahpo
I am not "anti-refugee" per se, but the alternative to refugees not coming to Britain is not them dying, rather going to other nearby countries where they would feel more welcome, and where their principles might not be in opposition to that of the general population.

Agreed. I'm also not anti-refugee. Besides, we need to stop this endless cycle of people being displaced from their homes by resolving the conflict instead of letting it happen.
Original post by Adamski191
Agreed. I'm also not anti-refugee. Besides, we need to stop this endless cycle of people being displaced from their homes by resolving the conflict instead of letting it happen.

Or make them sort it out themselves like we had to.
Original post by snikerio
i feel like you would be better suited to the womb

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, a new account that makes insults, You are so very smart, you know how to make personal attacks, great way to win an argument.
In all honesty the answer is yes. These are some of the least educated and deprived people in the world and an ethno-cultural threat to boot.

I do care about their welfare (they are human) and would support the west annexing Syria provided we had a proper post-invasion plan but in terms of allowing them to pollute Europe, no.

If you see a beggar on the street you may give him a pound but you don't let him come into your home.
Wow, a new account that makes insults, You are so very smart, you know how to make personal attacks, great way to win an argument.

thanks i could teach you if you wanted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.
That is simply not true, you are referring to a child like model that looks at all migrants together and simply looks at benefits taken out and taxes paid in.

A tax payer needs to earn something like £26,000 a year just to brake even with the government, where their taxes pay for their hare of policing costs etc.

The vast vast vast majority of migrants do not earn that figure. A migrant who earns £14,000 a year, doesn't reive benefits and only pays about £100 a year in taxes is not benefiting the country, they are still a loss, however in the child model / stats that leftists refer to, this worker would appear as a benefit.

As I said, most migrants take out, importing even more migrants from Germany or Turkey (wherever they are from) is lunacy.

£26000? Sounds like you are just making up figures.

Even ignoring that issue, the average migrant earns £15 an hour which places them at £31000.

Having said that, there is a place for low cost immigration because companies can be profitable and that will obviously lead to an increased tax revenue. The concept that everyone needs to be paid 26000 to break even is absurd.

Even ignoring that issue, the average migrant earns £15 an hour which places them at £31000.

Having said that, there is a place for low cost immigration because companies can be profitable and that will obviously lead to an increased tax revenue. The concept that everyone needs to be paid 26000 to break even is absurd.

It is a proven figure, and I am calling BS on your £31,000 figure. I would like you to prove it.

Also I have noticed that you are talking averages, whilst I am referring to most in numerical terms, using your average, 1 guy could earn £10 million a year and boost up the average of 99 other migrants. Still, I'm calling bs on your average salary of £31000 of migrants, If that was the case they would be making the UK money (which other graphs have shown that they do not).

Most leftists make up figures and selectivity pick out figures regarding immigration (like you right now), as they know that to tell the truth would be to admit that their policies are bankrupting the nation.
Reply 94
Original post by Rakas21
In all honesty the answer is yes. These are some of the least educated and deprived people in the world and an ethno-cultural threat to boot.

I do care about their welfare(they are human) and would support the west annexing Syria provided we had a proper post-invasion plan but in terms of allowing them to pollute Europe, no.

If you see a beggar on the street you may give him a pound but you don't let him come into your home.

Clearly you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is actually £27,000

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/10638283/How-much-we-give-the-state-in-tax-and-how-much-we-get-back.html
But like most leftists, don't let facts get in your way.
Original post by RobML
Clearly you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well anyone who wants "refugees" to come to the West doesn't care about their welfare.
Original post by Ladbants
A lot of people here are hating on refugees and saying that Britain shouldn't accept any. So would you rather have an innocent Syrian die in an air strike or a bomb than come here and live a safe life here?

Everyone dies.

Even in non war zone. Someone might be dying from an earthquake somewhere now, or a road accident. Should they all come to the UK? UK doesn't give u immortality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
I would rather help the people who are actually in danger in Syria rather than helping Syrians already in Europe.
Original post by RobML
Clearly you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Polluting our continent is not an option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending