The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little_ramblings
Hardest: WJEC English language A2 (one transcript was barely a conversation and I got quite confused)
Easiest: AQAEnglish language A2 (so happy it was two poems and I know Shakespeare really well)
My other subject was drama which I thought the two essay questions were good but rehearsal techniques were a little difficult so it's in between :smile:

You're doing English Language twice?
Hardest:
GEOG3 or BIOL5

Easiest:
GEOG4B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Easiest: Edexcel C1, C4 (if we're excluding resits.)
Hardest: Edexcel Economics Unit 3
Easiest: All of Bio (AQA) and Maths (C2&C1/ EdExcel)
Hardest: French speaking (AQA) and Chem paper 1 (AQA)
Hardest: Chemistry A21 / Maths C4 / English Literature A21 (CCEA)
Easiest: Chemistry A23 / S1 (CCEA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Easiest: Chem 5 aqa
Hardest: Chem 4 aqa
Results day will be interesting..
Hardest: WJEC Physics (PH5) 😭😭😭
Easiest: WJEC Design & Technology (DT3)
Hardest: ocr c1/aqa chem as paper 1 (but then I'm useless at chem too)
Easiest: aqa English lit as

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
Hardest - English Language AS retake - Edexcel thought it would be funny to make us analyse gravestones
Easiest -Edexcel C4 - it was just lovely

C4 was horrific. Like horrible. Not as bad as m2 but still awful. I hate edexcel
Original post by phoebeadfield
C4 was horrific. Like horrible. Not as bad as m2 but still awful. I hate edexcel

Ah I can't comment on m2 but I seemed to just get lucky for c4 aha
Original post by Abstract_Prism
You're doing English Language twice?

Aha no my bad...the easiest one should say English literature :smile:
Easiest:WJEC CH4. Weirdly everyone else thought it was hard.
Hardest: WJEC S2. I think I've lost at least 25/75 marks in that one. :angry:
Original post by Fox Corner
Now that exams are basically over, we were interested in seeing the exams that stuck out in your memory as either horrendously hard or extremely easy :flip:

What were your hardest and easiest exams this year? :juggle:

Spoiler

Hardest: Two way tie between AS WJEC English Literature and AS WJEC French FN2...just no
Easiest: AS WJEC Religious Studies: Religion in Contemporary Society...praise lord for the easy Sigmund Freud essay:biggrin:
Original post by fefssdf
Hardest - English Language AS retake - Edexcel thought it would be funny to make us analyse gravestones
Easiest -Edexcel C4 - it was just lovely

Hey, I took AQA English Language and my friends and I did a homework project on the language used on gravestones in the AS year, its really hard :/

What did you get in the exam last year? Do you think that there's a chance that you could have improved?
Hardest - OCR M2
Easiest - OCR Chem4
Original post by QueenBee98
Hey, I took AQA English Language and my friends and I did a homework project on the language used on gravestones in the AS year, its really hard :/

What did you get in the exam last year? Do you think that there's a chance that you could have improved?

Ah god it was just awful.

Last year I got a C in the exam where we had to analyse tweets from celebrities but I didn't revise so I deserved it. My coursework however was an A so I got a B overall in AS.

This year I retook the AS Exam and I'm 100% certain I have got a C AGAIN because it was awful and I completely messed up cause for a 15 marker I thought I had 20 mins left but turned out I only had 5. It was just awful.

My coursework this year was an A* however and I'm quite confident I did good in the A2 exam... I need an A for uni so idk what to think lol just praying TBH ! Ahhh

See you do AQA cause I did Edexcel and found AS really hard but A2 is alright cause the coursework you do an investigation and you get to pick the topic so it's easy to do well I'd say.

I hate English language alevel though in general cause you can revise yet still flop; lots of luck in involved

Good luck for your alevel :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
Ah god it was just awful.

Last year I got a C in the exam where we had to analyse tweets from celebrities but I didn't revise so I deserved it. My coursework however was an A so I got a B overall in AS.

This year I retook the AS Exam and I'm 100% certain I have got a C AGAIN because it was awful and I completely messed up cause for a 15 marker I thought I had 20 mins left but turned out I only had 5. It was just awful.

My coursework this year was an A* however and I'm quite confident I did good in the A2 exam... I need an A for uni so idk what to think lol just praying TBH ! Ahhh

See you do AQA cause I did Edexcel and found AS really hard but A2 is alright cause the coursework you do an investigation and you get to pick the topic so it's easy to do well I'd say.

I hate English language alevel though in general cause you can revise yet still flop; lots of luck in involved

Good luck for your alevel :smile:

Oh god :/ A C is still really good though! :biggrin: For my AS Exam I wrote an entire page about how doctors' sometimes scaremonger their patients and I came out with a B in the exam... I was annoyed with my A2 coursework tbh, I tried really hard and only got around a C grade - I am grateful for it, and know that it means that I did a good job, but I thought that it would be more helpful if it was higher :smile:. I need at least a B in one of my A Levels and that has to be Language as with Literature I need a miracle!!! :P

Language section A went REALLY REALLY well, but section B could of gone better - I ran out of time and wasn't allowed to finish my sentence and it really annoyed me as I had been saving this point for so long and when the chance came I was unable to finish it! :P

Some people find it okay, I didn't think I would but I did, but some people dont like it at all.

Thank you! :smile: Good Luck with yours! I hope that you get into where you want to go! :smile:
Oh god :/ A C is still really good though! :biggrin: For my AS Exam I wrote an entire page about how doctors' sometimes scaremonger their patients and I came out with a B in the exam... I was annoyed with my A2 coursework tbh, I tried really hard and only got around a C grade - I am grateful for it, and know that it means that I did a good job, but I thought that it would be more helpful if it was higher :smile:. I need at least a B in one of my A Levels and that has to be Language as with Literature I need a miracle!!! :P

Language section A went REALLY REALLY well, but section B could of gone better - I ran out of time and wasn't allowed to finish my sentence and it really annoyed me as I had been saving this point for so long and when the chance came I was unable to finish it! :P

Some people find it okay, I didn't think I would but I did, but some people dont like it at all.

Thank you! :smile: Good Luck with yours! I hope that you get into where you want to go! :smile:

Ahah yes I can't wait to do a maths degree and never see anything English language related again hehehe :biggrin: !
Original post by fefssdf
Ahah yes I can't wait to do a maths degree and never see anything English language related again hehehe :biggrin: !

In a way, I don't blame you! :smile: I'm hopefully going to be taking a BA in Primary Education, so I basically have to cover just about everything.... But hey ho, I did spend this year doing Child Language Acquisition and Phonics, so that will help me.

Good luck with Maths! I never got on with that subject.
In a way, I don't blame you! :smile: I'm hopefully going to be taking a BA in Primary Education, so I basically have to cover just about everything.... But hey ho, I did spend this year doing Child Language Acquisition and Phonics, so that will help me.

Good luck with Maths! I never got on with that subject.

Ah education course woo; I'm going to do a pgce / teach first thing after my degree to become a secondary school maths teacher so I can see why you wanna do primary education I just I've education on a whole ahah .the child language acquisition part was the only bit I can say genuinely interested me this year as it has real life applications for education with phonics teaching but other stuff I just think what's the point of this like it's so irrelevant

Latest