The Student Room Group

Confused, lost, Muslim Girl, all help and advise would be good

Scroll to see replies

Original post by junayd1998
ight since your a big boy now mabey you should give some advice.
lmao, I can't give advice to save my life.......:tongue: I'm not a relationship guru although tbf no one here is, most just chat sh*t for the sake of it.........
Original post by Serine Soul
That doesn't make it okay though

Fair enough I do often go by the line 'what they don't know won't hurt them' but I couldn't do that in a relationship

Sex is more important than just a relationship. Sex is a necessity just like food and water.
Thank you- from OP

Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I think you should just totally forget him because deep down you known nothing will come out of it. He is in a relationship right now and has got on with his life. You need to do the same and focus on your life. You only love him because you spent 5 long years with him, those feelings didn't come about over night. The solution is not getting into a rebound relationship because that makes you feel empty and guilty and its not fair on the guy. Its a vicious cycle so break free and enjoy life. Do what you like, go out more and immerse yourself in hobbies. You will forget about him. The more you resist the more he will want to make it work with you. If you keep responding he will treat you as plan B girl because he knows at the back of his mind that you still want him, so you're better off without him.
Very big problem ...just forget about him and focus on jannah (ultimate goal)
Original post by solid222
Very big problem ...just forget about him and focus on jannah (ultimate goal)

Hopefully she will get a male version of hoor al ayn HAHA :biggrin: or a man who would love her inshallah :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Dating isn't a rubbish concept. OP clearly is more Western so it isn't her fault your religion is stuck in the middle ages.

She may be Western but that is why I said "if you care about religion", or perhaps you missed that. For a Muslim, if they care about religion, it is rubbish, and especially if she is sleeping about/cheating on people she dates. Your post just seems like a redudent half-rant rather than a critical appraisal of sincere advice, so well done you for helping OP(?) :congrats:
Am I the only one that doesn't think it's legit (with all due respect if it is)? Like you posted a 8'year relationship problem on TSR and the details itself I'm skeptical about.
So you are blaming your religion, easy solution is leave! like I did. If not, don't blame the religion if you are willing to stay in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by champ_mc99
Am I the only one that doesn't think it's legit (with all due respect if it is)? Like you posted a 8'year relationship problem on TSR and the details itself I'm skeptical about.
Ngl, I kinda think that the lambo bit is a bit fishy :tongue:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
i feel like OP is not getting to help or advice she so desperately needs on this thread, she is just being judged :/

She's lived a lie and cheated on her current man deserves all the judgment she gets. Nothing justifies cheating. Don't bring religion into it as she can leave it no ones stopping her, I left Christianity and never felt happier

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone
I'm at an all time low right now and seeking some help and advise to get through this.
I would like to remain anonymous for now, I'm just worried I may know someone on here so need to protect my identity.

Okay here is my story

8 years ago I starting dating a none Muslim guy, I was 17 at the time and he was 21. We dated for 5 years and got so strong. He was my first true love. I dated other men before (Muslim ones and hated it) where as with this guy, I loved him (still do)

Don't get me wrong and apologies if I offend
But what didn't you like about the muslim guys you dated.
I mean it couldn't have been the religion, since they are so relaxed about dating.
Original post by hamza772000
Ngl, I kinda think that the lambo bit is a bit fishy :tongue:

That's one detail... Cheers. :tongue:

Same here.
That's one detail... Cheers. :tongue:
lol, fr though, it is kinda weird, idek :tongue:
I don't understand why people get into a relationship for it to be a distraction? :erm: Idk.
lmao
Hi everyone
I'm at an all time low right now and seeking some help and advise to get through this.
I would like to remain anonymous for now, I'm just worried I may know someone on here so need to protect my identity.

Okay here is my story

8 years ago I starting dating a none Muslim guy, I was 17 at the time and he was 21. We dated for 5 years and got so strong. He was my first true love. I dated other men before (Muslim ones and hated it) where as with this guy, I loved him (still do)
Anyways he knew what my family were like, I used to lie all the time to my family, stay at his house everyday and come home at 11, it's like I lived my 5 years with him as a lie to my family.

One day my mother found out, she was hatred towards me, very bitter, told me to forget him and find a Muslim. She cursed him all the time, she hated it. My brothers eventually found out and then 5 years later in the relationship I ended it. During the 4th year dating he did start at looking to convert but it started to get complicated and was questioning things in the religion. It was in the 5th year he said to me he cant do it. He doesn't want to be Muslim. He wants to be accepted for who he is. Then I decided to end things. I was a mess and then 1 year passed and I heard he was dating again. My heart was in pieces. I couldn't breathe when I found out. Total knife in my heart. I started dating to help keep me distracted. I was a mess and yes I dated a none Muslim again to try heal me.

Anyways 2 years have now passed and this month (3weeks ago) I got a message from my ex. It was a song that said he will never forget me.
We exchange emails and caught up! It was nice to hear from him. He is doing so well in his life, owns a Lamborghini, is a business owner and so successful (all happened after we broke up)

He is still in his relationship and so am I.

A few days ago we decided to meet up secretly. One thing lead to another and flame was reignited. We slept with each other, it felt comfortable. But then a few days later we both regretted it as we are both in relationships.

I know what we done was bad, but we both still love each other. It was because I stopped loving him we broke. We stopped because of religion.

Now we Both are confused and we have spoken and agreed that this can be no more. He said we won't work at all, he doesn't want to be a Muslim and he doesn't want my family to disown me. He told me I need to find the right man.

So now I'm here, crying, hating the fact it was my religion that made us not be together.
If religion wasn't a part of it then we would be married by now, had kids and a lovely house.

What do I do?

Family: so mum has been to haaj and has become very religious, she's very culture orientated. She tells me tirelessly that I'm getting old '26 and I need to get married and settle down with a Muslim. My brothers are strong believers too.

What do I do?
Has anyone been in the situation

You are incredibly selfish, the fact you cheated on your current partner is a sin itself

You are Muslim and your job as a Muslim is to marry a strict Muslim. You are favouring your desires. That is not what Allah wants for you. Grow up and do the right thing
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Dating isn't a rubbish concept. OP clearly is more Western so it isn't her fault your religion is stuck in the middle ages.

Savage asf. :rofl: "Stuck in the middle ages"

I think so too. She hasn't even responded to anyone... :tongue:
Original post by Manchester_123
You are incredibly selfish, the fact you cheated on your current partner is a sin itself

You are Muslim and your job as a Muslim is to marry a strict Muslim. You are favouring your desires. That is not what Allah wants for you. Grow up and do the right thing

Like that helps anything at all. Don't try force your religion on her. Let her figure it out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending