The Student Room Group

At least 2 police officers have been shot during a BLM protest.

It is not confirmed whether it was a supporter of BLM or not.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/07/08/12/29/shots-fired-during-protest-against-police-killings-of-two-black-men

4 police officers is dead

Multiple shooters said to have people in buildings shooting down

Apparently they have planted a bomb.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
I live very close to Dallas.

BLM is a very radical group, and I don't like what they're doing to our country. Things have changed since Ferguson. It made us very aware that we have very different ideas about what America is and should be.

I know that not all Black people believe in this stuff, but I think this is definitely worsening racial tension in the US.

Just look at what PrincePaul above me said. That pretty much says it all about BLM and their aims. They are a genuine threat to this country, and I see them as nothing less.
Reply 3
Some BLM people really want to unite people and then there are people like this
image.png
Reply 4
Original post by jeremy1988
I live very close to Dallas.

BLM is a very radical group, and I don't like what they're doing to our country. Things have changed since Ferguson. It made us very aware that we have very different ideas about what America is and should be.

I know that not all Black people believe in this stuff, but I think this is definitely worsening racial tension in the US.

Just look at what PrincePaul above me said. That pretty much says it all about BLM and their aims. They are a genuine threat to this country, and I see them as nothing less.

Don't you think that a primary cause of racial tension in the US is the police brutality and fatal force employed against people of color, rather than the protests, anger, and pain that are its result?
Original post by Assan
Don't you think that a primary cause of racial tension in the US is the police brutality and fatal force employed against people of color, rather than the protests, anger, and pain that are its result?

That's what they'd have you believe. But this is largely propaganda. Many of the instances they cite as "evidence" of police brutality are actually controversial. It also ignores instances of police doing similar things to White people in similar situations.They show things out of context, try to portray themselves as victims, and get everyone angry. Statistics do not back them up unless they're cherry-picked.

They have a specific agenda. You can't take what they're saying at face value. Barack Obama is directly involved with the organizers of this movement, and rarely speaks out against it strongly. If anything, he stokes the fires.
(edited 7 years ago)
Black Lives Matter just want to create chaos and it is a racist and very unhelpful "movement". I've just seen a Youtube video where a black person was called a "coon" for daring to say that there are problems in the black community. I NEVER hear of black people outside of America complaining or any other racial group complaining. I know America is somewhat unique, but African-Americans seem to do nothing but blame other people for their problems. The bitterness is palpable and it's not going to solve anything.

Every time a black person is killed, other facts which put the blame on the person involved are ignored and the incident is labelled as racist regardless of the facts. I don't know anything about this incident, but I did hear that they were trying to disrupt pride earlier. They are a mess.
Reply 7
I don't think that every instance presented by BLM is necessarily police brutality. But some are. And BLM are not the only people saying this; scientists, researchers, academics, lawyers, and people in contact with the criminal justice system do confirm that racism is real, prevalent, and systemic. You absolutely have to accept that racial injustice is real, violent, and prevalent, police corruption and violence is real, violent, and prevalent before we can continue, or there is really nothing to say.
Reply 8
Original post by jeremy1988
That's what they'd have you believe. But this is largely propaganda. Many of the instances they cite as "evidence" of police brutality are actually controversial. It also ignores instances of police doing similar things to White people in similar situations.They show things out of context, try to portray themselves as victims, and get everyone angry. Statistics do not back them up unless they're cherry-picked.

They have a specific agenda. You can't take what they're saying at face value. Barack Obama is directly involved with the organizers of this movement, and rarely speaks out against it strongly. If anything, he stokes the fires.

If cops treated black people with dignity this would have never happened. A sad truth.
Reply 9
And it's not even just that cops brutalise black people. It's also because they get away with it far too often. So it's no surprise to me that some will take justice into their own hands. Not when the justice system is such a failure.
This must be at least partly about Texas having crazy gun laws where people can openly walk the streets carrying deadly weapons, even in demonstrations.
Reply 11
God bless America aye?
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a sniper, is a good guy with a sniper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Mathemagicien
The cops should just keep out of black areas then, better for everyone

I don't think downtown Dallas is a black area
Reply 14
Original post by HucktheForde
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a sniper, is a good guy with a sniper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or a drone strike
Reply 15
Original post by joecphillips
Or a drone strike

Tank might work too..
Original post by Assan

Funny that almost twice as many whites are killed by the US police than blacks

That blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler
Original post by joecphillips
It is not confirmed whether it was a supporter of BLM or not.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/07/08/12/29/shots-fired-during-protest-against-police-killings-of-two-black-men

4 police officers is dead

Multiple shooters said to have people in buildings shooting down

Apparently they have planted a bomb.

Spoiler

Is it bad that I don't particularly think this is a bad thing? I'm usually very pro-police, especially as I have family in the UK police force, but part of me can't help but think ''Yeah, karma, *****es''
Erm, yes it is 'bad', in fact it's vile.
Original post by The Roast
Erm, yes it is 'bad', in fact it's vile.

Why? They got what they give. Not the individual officers in question, but the american police are ****ed in general

Quick Reply

Latest