The Student Room Group

Dallas protest shooting: 11 police officers shot, 4 killed by snipers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't a sniper rifle, it's just the media being uninformed in their reporting, like how all handguns are pistols and all automatic weapons are machine guns. Could easily be a sniper rifle because long guns (shotguns, rifles, assault rifles etc) are legal, as are many optics. Texas also have the loosest gun laws is the US, but I expect it an AR-15 with a scope rather than an actual sniper rifle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh,ty.Is it just me or do you think these gunman have some kind of police/military training?Whats it about the AR-15 that makes it so popular ?If I was to have a powerful weapon,I would probably desire it to be a modified shotgun with a drum magazine,
It happened during/towards the end of a black lives matter protest. I wonder how much connection there is there. * *
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Maybe police officers will think twice about shooting people for no reason.

Or at least not be so ****ing retarded to do it while being filmed

I don't think this helps anyone to.be honest. And condoning it is moronic.
US guns laws are dreadful, but i feel they've reached a point of no return tbh. People on here make out that banning guns will suddenly make them all disappear. That is not going to happen.
They're ****ed either way tbh, until they start to realise that the 2nd ammendment was written by MEN in a different time and not GODS.
Original post by Kadak
Oh,ty.Is it just me or do you think these gunman have some kind of police/military training?Whats it about the AR-15 that makes it so popular ?If I was to have a powerful weapon,I would probably desire it to be a modified shotgun with a drum magazine,

Hardly improbable, but it could also be a fair bit of practice at the range. I expect AR-15 is a popular platform because is very readily available and is basically the civilian version of the M4/M16. It's a good weapon. I also think that the proposal you made would be illegal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Hardly improbable, but it could also be a fair bit of practice at the range. I expect AR-15 is a popular platform because is very readily available and is basically the civilian version of the M4/M16. It's a good weapon. I also think that the proposal you made would be illegal

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :colondollar:,which is why I said desire instead of have.I guess it would be too insanely powerful. Although,I imagine it wouldn`t be too hard to do at home and I am sure some people do this regardless.
Anyway,do you think this shooting will have sny impact on the gun debate ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
I know :colondollar:,which is why I said desire instead of have.I guess it would be too insanely powerful. Although,I imagine it wouldn`t be too hard to do at home and I am sure some people do this regardless.
Anyway,do you think this shooting will have sny impact on the gun debate ?

Well, you're going away for a long time modding that :tongue:

Doubt it. The Dems may get they votes now but it will achieve nothing because the senate has already rejected the bills, with the recess starting in a week everything should calm down again. I suppose there is also a matter of it being an election year, which is more likely to have an effect, whether that be hardening the line to hold onto the grassroots, or soften to try to win back moderates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Kadak

A lot of the time when they say ar-15 it osnt even actually an ar-15 they reported orlando used them but that was incorrect
Original post by joecphillips
A lot of the time when they say ar-15 it osnt even actually an ar-15 they reported orlando used them but that was incorrect

Bit most M4s aren't M4s, nor AK47s, bit they're all built off the same design

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
BBC just confirmed that the shooter is now dead. Will post a source when I get a chance (on phone)
If you keep shooting your own citizens in a society that values gun ownership should you really be surprised when they decide to shoot back?

Which isn't to say shooting police is justified, rather that it is an inevitable response.
Reply 30
Suspect involved in stand-off with police is dead, US media report
Posted at
09:15

The suspect who was involved in a stand-off with police in a Dallas parking garage is now dead, according to multiple local media reports.Police have not confirmed the reports.

The suspect was one of four believed to have launched a co-ordinated attack to kill Dallas police officers. The other three suspects are all in custody.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-36743033
Original post by Napp
They sowed the wind now they're reaping the whirlwind... Letting people own Sniper rifles and such... stupid.

Original post by Kadak
Wait a minute,in America you can own sniper rifles ?Smh.

News flash: "Sniper Rifles" are legal to own in the UK too, and have been legal for the last 100 years since the mauser...

this is not a gun issue
Original post by remiremi
News flash: "Sniper Rifles" are legal to own in the UK too, and have been legal for the last 100 years since the mauser...

this is not a gun issue

naive
I was sort of expecting this to happen. The anger is beginning to boil over now.
Reply 34

this is not a gun issue

Except you need a permit to own a gun in the UK. And it's not acquired easily at all. Nice try.

this is not a gun issue

You really can't compare gun ownership in the UK to the US. They have more guns than people, 17 times as many as guns as the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36

this is not a gun issue

1] You can own hunting rifles, theres a difference.
2] You have to be a member of a rifle club for a minimum of two years
3] extensive back ground checking
4] you have to specify exactly what rifle, calibre and how many rounds you will need
5] you need a damn good reason, not a 'hell im bored lets buy a gun'
Original post by thunder_chunky
It happened during/towards the end of a black lives matter protest. I wonder how much connection there is there. * *

I don't think this helps anyone to.be honest. And condoning it is moronic.

Why do you put * at the end of your posts lol
What's the betting BLM will protest the killings of the black shooters?
Awful how some people at the protest apparently supported the snipers and started saying that the police deserved it.

Police officers are some of the most selfless, courageous people around. There is no justification for these shootings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending