The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
Lol. Mine is more. Nearly used it all aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

With what?
Original post by Mathemagicien
With what?

Photos, videos etc. They take up most of the space.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Photos, videos etc. They take up most of the space.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you not have a laptop/desktop/usb stick?
Do you not have a laptop/desktop/usb stick?

Lol.
People send them to me so I open hence saving them. Plus with apple it makes it incredibly difficult to mess around with moving stuff on my phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice (I have no idea what a fancy phone is)

Never understand why people get 16 GB versions. How can you use all that space?

Lol, I have a history of being clumsy with my phones; I put my last phone in the wash twice

Samsung Galaxy S7, iPhone 65
I meant 2016 version of the phone :tongue:

Lol it's come with 16 GB, but I'm looking to add a 64 GB micro SD. Samsung being Samsung have already used up like 5 GB of that 16 with preloaded junk. A lot of my main apps take quite a bit of space, I have a lot of photos, and I hardly ever use my laptop for studying so I'm always downloading mark schemes etc on my phone (this will change at uni probs). Basically I never have enough space to even install a game when I'm bored :lol: (well this was the case on my old phone)

I'm thinking of getting a 128 GB actually, I'd be set for life... (I don't plan on deviating away from Android...ever)
Lol.
People send them to me so I open hence saving them. Plus with apple it makes it incredibly difficult to mess around with moving stuff on my phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trust me, past few days, Eid group chats. I had a notification of 500 messges from 5 groups, all pics :afraid:
Had to delete them all at night :colonhash:

Lol, I have a history of being clumsy with my phones; I put my last phone in the wash twice

How did this happen? :indiff:
Original post by Imperion
How did this happen? :indiff:

Screen was like totally smudged fam, wanted to clean it, ygm
Lol.

Apple... should have guessed

Original post by Serine Soul
I'm thinking of getting a 128 GB actually, I'd be set for life... (I don't plan on deviating away from Android...ever)

Android is by far the best OS. But 128 GB on a phone? The phone will surely be long dead before you use up half of that...
That's crazy! Well done!!
I'm well jel now :lol:

Spoiler

This happened twice... does it still live after such torture?
This happened twice... does it still live after such torture?

Hence why it is my old (previous) phone
Apple... should have guessed

Android is by far the best OS. But 128 GB on a phone? The phone will surely be long dead before you use up half of that...

I meant 128 GB microSD :tongue: I can use them from phone to phone, as long as microSDs are supported of course :lol:

I think 64 is more than enough for now :biggrin:

Yeah :tongue:

Just breathe on it and wipe with your sleeve several times smh

@Imperion Yah
I can't quote you for some reason
Hence why it is my old (previous) phone

O

Spoiler

@Imperion Yah
I can't quote you for some reason

Eager to move to the South? :holmes:
Eager to move to the South? :holmes:

For uni, hopefully. Don't wanna move and settle there though tbh

It's not for us, I don't think we have enough friends to spend the 16GB space with :frown:

I don't even know what memory my iPhone 6S has lol, I literally haven't had a single problem with it. I think it is the lowest possible memory space.
Original post by Insight314
It's not for us, I don't think we have enough friends to spend the 16GB space with :frown:

What do you mean, friends? Is that a term from Group theory? You must be a bit further into the lecture notes than I, for I have not come across that term before

I don't even know what memory my iPhone 6S has lol, I literally haven't had a single problem with it. I think it is the lowest possible memory space.

Perhaps you forget the memory problems, because of all the other problems with Apple products
What do you mean, friends? Is that a term from Group theory? You must be a bit further into the lecture notes than I, for I have not come across that term before

It's a pretty complicated group with a binary operation of something called "banter", I am not yet experienced with this however.

On a side note, I think I have refuted the friendship paradox, for I can't have fewer friends than my friends if I have no friends to begin with.

The friendship paradox was first observed by the sociologist Scott L. Field in 1991 and it states that most people have fewer friends than their friends have, on average. Mathematically, it is explained through graph theory, and is mainly related to the AM-GM and the Cauchy-Schwarz inequalities. Summarysing from Wikipedia:

Theorem: The average degree of a friend is strictly greater than the average degree of a random node.

Proof:
If you have a social network (which trivially I don't) you can represent it using a graph G=(V,E)G = (V,E) where the set VV of vertices corresponds to people in the social network, and the set EE of edges corresponds to the friendship relation between pairs of people. It is assumed that friendship satisfies symmetry, that is, if XX is a friend of YY, then YY is a friend of XX; it is also modelled that the average number of friends of a person in the social network is the average of the degrees of the vertices in the graph. In graph theory, the degree of a vertex of a graph is the number of edges incident to the vertex, with loops counted twice, that is, vVdeg(v)=2E\displaystyle\sum_{v \in V} \deg(v) = 2|E|. The average number of friends that a typical friend has (i.e not someone like me) can be modeled by choosing, uniformly at random, an edge of the graph (pair of friends) and an endpoint of the edge (one of the friends), and calculating the degree of the selected endpoint gives

vVdeg(v)22E=μ+σ2μ\frac{\sum_{v \in V} \deg(v)^{2}}{2|E|} = \mu + \frac{\sigma^{2}}{\mu},

where σ2\sigma^{2} is the variance of the degrees in the graph and μ\mu is the average number of friends of a random person in the graph. For a graph that has vertices of varying degrees (as is typical for a social network), both μ\mu and σ2\sigma^{2} are positive, which implies that the average degree of a friend is strictly greater than the average degree of a random node.

Perhaps you forget the memory problems, because of all the other problems with Apple products

Oh damn, Mathemagicien going savage on Steve Jobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending