The Student Room Group

does anyone else have weird fascinations?

im fascinated by death, the process leading up to death and what happens to the body after death.
i dont know why but it just intrigues me :/

Scroll to see replies

Yep, fascinated by sleep and dreams :moon:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Yep, fascinated by sleep and dreams :moon:

Spoiler

i dont really have good dreams, there always nightmares or reoccuring ones :/
Criminal psychology interests me, and I often have to reassure people that I don't actually admire criminals or condone violence in any way. :tongue: But I confess that I am fascinated by the psychological reasons for why a person might or might not commit a crime. I also find unsolved crimes to be very interesting.
Reply 4
Serial killers and virology are two of my biggest fascinations, besides cats of course :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Criminal psychology interests me, and I often have to reassure people that I don't actually admire criminals or condone violence in any way. :tongue: But I confess that I am fascinated by the psychological reasons for why a person might or might not commit a crime. I also find unsolved crimes to be very interesting.

Original post by Spock's Socks
Serial killers and virology are two of my biggest fascinations, besides cats of course :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

im quite interested in serial killers and the criminally insane. id love to work with them but wouldnt even know how to go about it lol
I wouldn't call it a fascination as such, but I do have an interest in names! I have 3 dictionaries of first names and their meanings. I just finding it really interesting and enjoyable to read about what different names mean, especially in different parts of the world! :smile:
Original post by shawtyb
i dont really have good dreams, there always nightmares or reoccuring ones :/

Aw :console: It happens to me too but not all the time, hope it'll get better for you :yep: :hugs:
Reply 8
Original post by Leviathan1741
I wouldn't call it a fascination as such, but I do have an interest in names! I have 3 dictionaries of first names and their meanings. I just finding it really interesting and enjoyable to read about what different names mean, especially in different parts of the world! :smile:

figure mine out then cuz i dont know its origin (no its not polish)
my name is : czeska

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Aw :console: It happens to me too but not all the time, hope it'll get better for you :yep: :hugs:

thanks! :smile:
I'm fascinated by death in the context of high altitudes and extreme environments. I've spent far too much time reading about people dying up mountains.
Reply 10
could have sworn you was an old school friend lol he has the same love for korea

Original post by Quantex
I'm fascinated by death in the context of high altitudes and extreme environments. I've spent far too much time reading about people dying up mountains.

odd lol why up mountains?
Original post by shawtyb
figure mine out then cuz i dont know its origin (no its not polish)
my name is : czeska
According to Google it is of Slavic origin, and means 'one who has fame and honour' or 'adoring glory' :smile:
Reply 12
According to Google it is of Slavic origin, and means 'one who has fame and honour' or 'adoring glory' :smile:

must be made up haha.
Original post by shawtyb
im fascinated by death, the process leading up to death and what happens to the body after death.
i dont know why but it just intrigues me :/

Shawtyb I am fascinated by you for being fascinated by death. Intriguing indeed.. O.O
Reply 14

i looked and couldnt find it :/
Reply 15
Original post by The Joker ~
Shawtyb I am fascinated by you for being fascinated by death. Intriguing indeed.. O.O

haha why is that then
Original post by shawtyb
haha why is that then

Hmmm~
I kind of like the idea of letting the fascination remain a mystery.

Remove the mysterious component and a fascination, it no longer remains... ~
I am fascinated by poverty and the effects and the environments that are created by poverty.
The rough council estates are exciting but yet scary, I mean driving through certain neighborhoods is interesting
Original post by shawtyb

odd lol why up mountains?

I'm into mountaineering and can't help but be fascinated by people who climb mountains knowing that there is a good chance they'll die doing it. For example for every 3 people that has summited K2, 1 person has died. Then there are the accounts of people witnessing others die knowing they can't help them or bodies left on mountains for years (Green Boots being the most famous example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Boots ). Then there is all the science regarding how your body starts dying once you get above 8000 metres. I could go on....
Original post by shawtyb
i looked and couldnt find it :/

It's definitely a unique name :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest