The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrDystopia
Barbosa signed for the Suns ;__: Goodbye Brazilian Blur. This off season has been wild.

So gutted, I love Barbosa. Hoping Mo's tweet of "Life is all about sacrifices" means he's gonna be staying with the Dubs despite the fact he could go get paid elsewhere.

Don't think I can bear to lose anymore of our Warriors, however much the prospect of KD excites me.
Here's a comment I've seen floating around various places:

"Now that Dwyane Wade has signed with the Chicago Bulls, I bet you Hassan Whiteside might be rethinking the contract he agreed to with the Miami Heat.

What if he decides to pull a Deandre Jordan and change his mind and sign with a team like the Dallas Mavericks who were offering him the max?

This would mean the Dallas Mavericks wouldn't be able to complete the trade for Andrew Bogut or sign Harrison Barnes to the Max.

Which would mean the Warriors now don't have the room to sign Kevin Durant to a max deal.

Which would mean that Dwyane Wade leaving the Miami Heat set off a chain reaction of events that would prevent Kevin Durant from signing with the Golden State Warriors.

Maybe this is what LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were talking about on that private jet they were on together a couple of days ago... "

How legitimate is the outcome of this? The obvious flaw is Whiteside pulling the Deandre Jordan and going to the Mavs - a pretty bold assumption as he could go somewhere else. Would KD sign for anything other than max money? Even so it would be an interesting turn of events...
(edited 7 years ago)
Been crying all day over D.Wades departure.
Original post by TajwarC
Here's a comment I've seen floating around various places:

"Now that Dwyane Wade has signed with the Chicago Bulls, I bet you Hassan Whiteside might be rethinking the contract he agreed to with the Miami Heat.

What if he decides to pull a Deandre Jordan and change his mind and sign with a team like the Dallas Mavericks who were offering him the max?

This would mean the Dallas Mavericks wouldn't be able to complete the trade for Andrew Bogut or sign Harrison Barnes to the Max.

Which would mean the Warriors now don't have the room to sign Kevin Durant to a max deal.

Which would mean that Dwyane Wade leaving the Miami Heat set off a chain reaction of events that would prevent Kevin Durant from signing with the Golden State Warriors.

Maybe this is what LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were talking about on that private jet they were on together a couple of days ago... "

How legitimate is the outcome of this? The obvious flaw is Whiteside pulling the Deandre Jordan and going to the Mavs - a pretty bold assumption as he could go somewhere else. Would KD sign for anything other than max money? Even so it would be an interesting turn of events...

I think this we debunked pretty fast, apparently the Harrison Barnes deal is done and dusted and at worst they keep Bogut and pay the luxury tax or something.

I've read some reports of Cavs trying to push a love & shumpert for boogie and mclemore though. Does anyone know anything about Mclemore?
[video="youtube;vhMzdxLLwlM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhMzdxLLwlM&app=desktophttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhMzdxLLwlM&app=desktop[/video]
lol
Reply 485
Original post by epic within
[video="youtube;vhMzdxLLwlM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhMzdxLLwlM&app=desktophttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhMzdxLLwlM&app=desktop[/video]
lol

Wow from Dec 2010 !! Haha
Reply 486
Original post by Malevolent
Been crying all day over D.Wades departure.

It's ok m8... this how I felt after Kobe left... except he was playing like garbage his last 2 seasons which hurt even more :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
The July Moratorium is over now it's July 8th.

Boban Marjanovic - Spurs to Detroit for 3years/$21mil.
Manu Ginobli is gonna stay at the Spurs.
Marcelo Huertas is to return to the Lakers
Festus Ezeli is off to the Trailblazers for 2years/$15mil.
Ian Clark will be returning to the Warriors for a year.
Reply 488
Original post by MrDystopia

Marcelo Huertas is to return to the Lakers

:|

why.... why... why did you have to ruin my evening like this Mr. Silver :cry: :frown: :frown: :frown: :angry:

Does anyone in the Lakers' front office have half a brain cell??
Original post by eden3

why.... why... why did you have to ruin my evening like this Mr. Silver :cry: :frown: :frown: :frown: :angry:

they do but unfortunately only one guy is making the moves and thats jim buss
Maybe I read too much into things but Kyrie with the Boogie repost on Instagram...
Original post by eden3
It's ok m8... this how I felt after Kobe left... except he was playing like garbage his last 2 seasons which hurt even more :frown:

sigh I thought it was all just posturing from Wade and he'd be back for sure. :sad:
Reply 492
OKC still have a very good backcourt. I don't know what will happen with regards to the small forward position. Thunder are clearly lacking here so will most likely have to look for a new SF. Their entire plan was based on Durant staying. I guess they will still be good enough to make the playoffs(possibly conference finals) without KD but then Westbrook may leave early as well so they probably will have to look at the free agency market for any good players.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
OKC still have a very good backcourt. I don't know what will happen with regards to the small forward position. Thunder are clearly lacking here so will most likely have to look for a new SF. Their entire plan was based on Durant staying. I guess they will still be good enough to make the playoffs(possibly conference finals) without KD but then Westbrook may leave early as well so they probably will have to look at the free agency market for any good players.

Conference finals? OKC barely beat the spurs with durant and ibaka, now both of them are gone. They're not beating the spurs, warriors or the clippers, half of their offence and defence is gone, they would be lucky to make the playoffs. Did you forget the 2014–15 NBA season. Westbrook is going to be traded because if he leaves OKC, then OKC gets nothing and as reports say he has no intention staying in OKC, so he'll be trade for sure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 494
Conference finals? OKC barely beat the spurs with durant and ibaka, now both of them are gone. They're not beating the spurs, warriors or the clippers, half of their offence and defence is gone, they would be lucky to make the playoffs. Did you forget the 2014–15 NBA season. Westbrook is going to be traded because if he leaves OKC, then OKC gets nothing and as reports say he has no intention staying in OKC, so he'll be trade for sure.

Same thing was said last year and they got to the western conference finals. They didn't barely beat the Spurs either(who did have a 67 win season) they beat them in 6 and won 3 on the bounce.

If Westbrook is traded it'll be for a big piece anyway and Ibaka wasn't even that great last year so losing him and having Oladipo come in was a great trade.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Same thing was said last year and they got to the western conference finals. They didn't barely beat the Spurs either(who did have a 67 win season) they beat them in 6 and won 3 on the bounce.

If Westbrook is traded it'll be for a big piece anyway and Ibaka wasn't even that great last year so losing him and having Oladipo come in
was a great trade.

You forget that durant left, what team will give OKC good assets when Westbrook canleave next year, if you have chance in sign him next year you don't trade away your assets, look what happened when carmelo was traded to New York, carmelo would've signed with the Knicks anyway and then they had no one but Carmelo. Same thing happened with the lakers
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 496
You forget that durant left

Yeah that's a problem but they can still beat most teams(other than Spurs and GSW) at this moment in time in the Western Conference.
Reply 497
they do but unfortunately only one guy is making the moves and thats jim buss

Ughhhhhhhh we need to get rid of him ASAP why the hell is he still here :angry: (I know I know, Buss family and all that.. but still...)
Original post by eden3

What? He's the next Kobe/James Jones
Reply 499
Original post by TajwarC
What? He's the next Kobe/James Jones

:rofl: Oh yeah ofc, what was I thinking... :lol: :u:

:cry: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest