The Student Room Group

Do people who walk slowly irritate you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
YES!
They have no idea how many times i've missed the train bc of their lack of a decent pace on dem stairs to the platform

Spoiler

Trains and slow people are the worst :eviltongue:
Original post by PugDevil

I've had that happen to me plenty of times :redface: walked straight into someone because of it and pulled a face like :unimpressed: to let them know that I wasn't pleased :tongue:

Ugh same here :lol: I just find it to be so selfish, as though they're totally unaware of other people around them. Not to mention that it could cause an accident.
Trains and slow people are the worst :eviltongue:

:yep:

Spoiler

Original post by k.m.b
There needs to be a fast lane or something

*cough* make a petition *cough* all the "yes" voters would vote *cough*

Spoiler

Reply 24
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Ugh same here :lol: I just find it to be so selfish, as though they're totally !!!!unaware!!!! of other people around them. Not to mention that it could cause an accident.

That is my attempt to show my frustration. That's what it boils down to, a lack of awareness! Maybe my problem is that I'm too aware of my surroundings, like I'm on a sugar rush :lol:
YES I have **** to do today I need you to MOVE :angry:
(edited 7 years ago)
If they're blocking my way then yeah if not... They can roll down the street in a tin can bin for all I care
They irritate me ALL THE TIME. I'm a pretty fast walker. I also run a lot and when people block up the pavement when I'm running and there's no-where else to go because the road is overrun with cars...:angry:
Reply 28
Original post by connieiscrazy
They irritate me ALL THE TIME. I'm a pretty fast walker. I also run a lot and when people block up the pavement when I'm running and there's no-where else to go because the road is overrun with cars...:angry:

Yeah I have a friend that runs (I don't run because I'm lazy :colone:), and he complains about this all the time!
So much.

The midgets who burst past not realising that their tiny legs mean I am going to overtake them 10 seconds later

The fat couples holding hands and blocking up the whole pavement. If you're going to be in love, be in love single file.

The tourist groups taking pictures of everything. No I'm not going to stop and wait for you to take a picture of your wife in front of an umpteenth lamp post.
Omg yes.

Walking slow myself makes me feel uncomfortable so I have to walk fast. Probably used to it because I'm from London. So it irritates the **** out of me when I'm at uni in Cornwall and EVERYONE walks slow. Like I just wanna push everyone out of my way but like 80% of the people here are old so I can't do that.
Right, so I just went on my lunch break and I wanted to go to Tesco to get some bits and bobs, but people were walking SO slowly!

It may be just because I'm impatient when I need to get somewhere, but I am just curious as to whether anyone else understands my pain.

Feel free to share experiences below :u:

Nah. I just weave through them.
Yes

Spoiler

Slow walkers annoy me so much but I hate slow drivers more because I can't go anywhere without being stuck behind one, and it's far harder to get past them.
Reply 34
Original post by Platopus
Nah. I just weave through them.

Ezio 'Platopus' Auditore :smug: (I realise if you've never played Assassin's Creed you won't understand that :wink:)

I do try my best, but sometimes you've got traffic of people coming one way and you're stuck in the other lane :frown:
This is me 100% I'm walking so quickly when I'm alone and when I'm going with someone they literally beg me to slow down
Like last week I got from Victoria Station to Shard in London under 35 minutes or so lol
Right, so I just went on my lunch break and I wanted to go to Tesco to get some bits and bobs, but people were walking SO slowly!

It may be just because I'm impatient when I need to get somewhere, but I am just curious as to whether anyone else understands my pain.

Feel free to share experiences below :u:

yes its so annoying; may just be because i walk quickly tho 🤔
Reply 37
Yeah... for some reason it's always the 14-16 yr old boys in particular. Separately, they might walk fast but as groups they walk slower than my nan....... and i can tolerate slow walkers as long as the pathway is massive and i can easily sidestep them without seeming rude but if it's a really narrow path, with 3 slow walkers walking abreast then i get a taste of what hell is like
Reply 38
Original post by milutin767
This is me 100% I'm walking so quickly when I'm alone and when I'm going with someone they literally beg me to slow down
Like last week I got from Victoria Station to Shard in London under 35 minutes or so lol

That happens to me a lot :lol: Although I've been told because I walk so quick I looked a bit suspicious :redface:
Reply 39
Original post by Pulse.
All those damn tourists taking the Underground irritate me so much.
Also people who don't know to walk on the left and not directly in the middle.

Is that why you voted leave?

Quick Reply

Latest