The Student Room Group

I'm applying for head girl!

I'm applying for head girl and I know a lot of letters can end up sounding the same, does this sound okay??

Head girl is without a doubt one of the great importance of the schooling environment, implementing the ethos of the school and positively representing at all times inside and outside the academy. It is about gaining the trust of the students and staff by representing the school with integrity and enthusiasm. I believe that in order to be a successful Head girl, you must truly care about the reputation and success of the school as well as the people inside it and I genuinely think I portray this. I cannot think of a more enriching and worthwhile challenge to conclude my final year at ........
If I were to become Head girl, I would be expected to be not only be a visual but also an academic role model, persistently representing what the school stands for and also to create a calm, comfortable and memorable environment for what can be an extremely stressful last year. Equally the role goes beyond Year 11, spanning the rest of the school; listening, supporting and most importantly giving equal significance to every student whether they are new and starting in Year 7, or in Year 8 trying to understand and decide what options they should choose. In addition to this a Head girl should make sure that younger members of our school are able to enjoy themselves in an environment where they can flourish and grow into the wonderful citizens of our community.
However one question I did ask myself while cogitating whether or not to apply was ‘what would Head girl mean to me?’ First and foremost I recognise the significant and demanding nature of this role; I am confident that I would be able to balance my duties and school work. Having spoken to teachers, I am excited by the challenge the role presents. I will embrace this role and provide a valued interface between teachers and students. Secondly, I want to leave this school knowing I have given something back and made a difference by bringing all years together and helping people towards their better self. The teachers of our academy have always been immensely supportive and they have always lent a helping hand and gone the extra mile for all the students. I am extremely thankful and the role of Head girl would allow me to go the extra mile for others, I hope to offer guidance and support as I strongly believe a problem shared is a problem halved. Being Head girl is not about being better or more superior to other students or having something great to put on your CV however it is about creating a prime connection between all students. We are all so incredibly fortunate to be studying in a school that has a warm approach to people of all backgrounds and ethnics, and I hope to do my best to represent the family feeling that our school portrays.
I have an incredibly strong work ethic-I am driven by sheer determination hence enabling me to complete tasks at hand to the best of my ability, even under great pressure. In my drama group which I attended a few months ago, I empowered myself and delivered a daunting yet rewarding role in front of a couple hundred people, this shows that I am resilient. When I have to face new challenges, I tell myself I can't judge it without trying it first, I believe this is the attitude a Head girl should possess. Being a big sister has helped me gain invaluable leadership skills whilst showing fairness, maturity, support and optimism thus helping me to fulfil my duties as Head girl. I know my strengths and weaknesses, these being that I need to learn greater confidence and that I need to believe in myself in that I can be successful; I understand that delegation and placing trust in others is a vital trait a leader should have. I also consider myself well respected amongst my peers.
I am an opportunist, and therefore believe that we, as a school, should further encourage our pupils to grasp every opportunity that comes their way. As Head girl I would emphasise this concept by introducing new, exciting programmes, that would widen their horizons and help them later on in life. This would maybe include the Year 10 and 11 students getting more involved with the Year 7’s. I believe that enjoyment results in achievement; it is the key to success. During my time at school I have noticed that when you're happy with your learning environment, you would naturally put more effort in school work and extra-curricular activities thus creating a successful student.
I think I have persistently set a great example: I have an abundance of enthusiasm, a strong desire to prosper and I am full with passion. I consider myself to possess the required skills for this position; I also realise it will be difficult to take this position from the current Head girl, but I will do my best and strive to continue her excellent work.

“Let us make our future now,and let us make our dreams tomorrow's reality” Malala Yousafzai

I want to leave behind a legacy. I want to contribute to the future of the students at ........, therefore please accept this letter of an expression of my wishes to become Head Girl. I hope to hear from you soon, thank you.
If you don't get the position, I would be genuinely surprised. That letter is ace, and absolutely demonstrates your character, enthusiasm and potential!
Original post by Carysskip
I'm applying for head girl and I know a lot of letters can end up sounding the same, does this sound okay??

Head girl is without a doubt one of the great importance of the schooling environment, implementing the ethos of the school and positively representing at all times inside and outside the academy. It is about gaining the trust of the students and staff by representing the school with integrity and enthusiasm. I believe that in order to be a successful Head girl, you must truly care about the reputation and success of the school as well as the people inside it and I genuinely think I portray this. I cannot think of a more enriching and worthwhile challenge to conclude my final year at ........
If I were to become Head girl, I would be expected to be not only be a visual but also an academic role model, persistently representing what the school stands for and also to create a calm, comfortable and memorable environment for what can be an extremely stressful last year. Equally the role goes beyond Year 11, spanning the rest of the school; listening, supporting and most importantly giving equal significance to every student whether they are new and starting in Year 7, or in Year 8 trying to understand and decide what options they should choose. In addition to this a Head girl should make sure that younger members of our school are able to enjoy themselves in an environment where they can flourish and grow into the wonderful citizens of our community.
However one question I did ask myself while cogitating whether or not to apply was ‘what would Head girl mean to me?’ First and foremost I recognise the significant and demanding nature of this role; I am confident that I would be able to balance my duties and school work. Having spoken to teachers, I am excited by the challenge the role presents. I will embrace this role and provide a valued interface between teachers and students. Secondly, I want to leave this school knowing I have given something back and made a difference by bringing all years together and helping people towards their better self. The teachers of our academy have always been immensely supportive and they have always lent a helping hand and gone the extra mile for all the students. I am extremely thankful and the role of Head girl would allow me to go the extra mile for others, I hope to offer guidance and support as I strongly believe a problem shared is a problem halved. Being Head girl is not about being better or more superior to other students or having something great to put on your CV however it is about creating a prime connection between all students. We are all so incredibly fortunate to be studying in a school that has a warm approach to people of all backgrounds and ethnics, and I hope to do my best to represent the family feeling that our school portrays.
I have an incredibly strong work ethic-I am driven by sheer determination hence enabling me to complete tasks at hand to the best of my ability, even under great pressure. In my drama group which I attended a few months ago, I empowered myself and delivered a daunting yet rewarding role in front of a couple hundred people, this shows that I am resilient. When I have to face new challenges, I tell myself I can't judge it without trying it first, I believe this is the attitude a Head girl should possess. Being a big sister has helped me gain invaluable leadership skills whilst showing fairness, maturity, support and optimism thus helping me to fulfil my duties as Head girl. I know my strengths and weaknesses, these being that I need to learn greater confidence and that I need to believe in myself in that I can be successful; I understand that delegation and placing trust in others is a vital trait a leader should have. I also consider myself well respected amongst my peers.
I am an opportunist, and therefore believe that we, as a school, should further encourage our pupils to grasp every opportunity that comes their way. As Head girl I would emphasise this concept by introducing new, exciting programmes, that would widen their horizons and help them later on in life. This would maybe include the Year 10 and 11 students getting more involved with the Year 7’s. I believe that enjoyment results in achievement; it is the key to success. During my time at school I have noticed that when you're happy with your learning environment, you would naturally put more effort in school work and extra-curricular activities thus creating a successful student.
I think I have persistently set a great example: I have an abundance of enthusiasm, a strong desire to prosper and I am full with passion. I consider myself to possess the required skills for this position; I also realise it will be difficult to take this position from the current Head girl, but I will do my best and strive to continue her excellent work.

“Let us make our future now,and let us make our dreams tomorrow's reality” Malala Yousafzai

I want to leave behind a legacy. I want to contribute to the future of the students at ........, therefore please accept this letter of an expression of my wishes to become Head Girl. I hope to hear from you soon, thank you.

how rich are you?
if you family is worth £500,000 in assets or more then you'll get it
otherwise you probibly won't
politics are governed by money so if you're rich then you get the role

Spoiler

Original post by jamesthehustler
how rich are you?
if you family is worth £500,000 in assets or more then you'll get it
otherwise you probibly won't
politics are governed by money so if you're rich then you get the role

Spoiler

First of all OP, your letter is fantastic! Just get it checked, I think I spotted a couple grammar errors here and there.

Second of all, this quote is actually very accurate now I think of it. The head boys and girls in my school both came from rich families and they were both shock choices. Hmmm...

Very good! This probably won't be a problem, but you may want to take this down in case they do a spot check for plagiarism by googling sentences of your letter though. Good luck :smile:
I applied for head girl too but they said I wasn't girly enough.
Original post by Pizzabomb
First of all OP, your letter is fantastic! Just get it checked, I think I spotted a couple grammar errors here and there.

Second of all, this quote is actually very accurate now I think of it. The head boys and girls in my school both came from rich families and they were both shock choices. Hmmm...

the head girl
her father was a successful diamond dealer

Spoiler

Reply 7
Just to let you know, I got deputy!!!! Thank you for your help
Awesome letter I am applying too. :smile:
Original post by Stephaniex
Awesome letter I am applying too. :smile:

Post was 2 months ago. Bit late
Just to let you know, I got deputy!!!! Thank you for your help

Congrats!
Original post by Anonymous
Post was 2 months ago. Bit late

I know all I said was that Im applying for the position as well. Whats your point? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending