The Student Room Group

Being called a sweetheart

What does it mean ladies?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
I don't like it. It's patronising.
have u seriously just logged back in to bump after 9 hrs just to hopefully see someone define sweetheart with no context at all
I only use words like that when I'm belittling him.
Reply 5
Doesn't mean anything, man up.
Original post by xobeauty
I only use words like that when I'm belittling him.
but you told me you called me that because you loved me
Reply 7
It means you have a sweet heart that'd make for a tasty steak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by maria.x
Doesn't mean anything, man up.

Effing brutal :lolwut:
Reply 9
Original post by Hamoody
Effing brutal :lolwut:

Kaifi, get over yourself. :smile:
Probably not something you want to be called by a girl. Sounds like a trip to the friendzone. :tongue:
Original post by maria.x
Kaifi, get over yourself. :smile:

:colonhash:
Sounds good , but definitely means they are not interested in you , or want to keep a distance , but depending on their persona and how well you know them , it could be a way of putting you in the Friend zone . :s-smilie:
Or it could just mean what it states :wink:
my dad calls me sweetheart but thats a loving kind of thing in that context
Original post by Anonymous
What does it mean ladies?

Depends on the context, 9/10 it's patronising af
sweetheartˈswiːthɑːt/noun

a person with whom someone is having a romantic or sexual relationship."the pair were childhood sweethearts"synonyms:girlfriend, boyfriend, lover, beloved, love, significant other, darling, true love, woman friend, man friend, lady friend, lady love, beau, loved one, suitor, admirer, paramour,inamorato, inamorata;
More

used as a term of endearment or affectionate form of address."don't worry, sweetheart, I've got it all worked out"synonyms:darling, dear, dearest, love, beloved, dear one, sweet;
More

a particularly lovable or pleasing person or thing."he is an absolute sweetheart"

Spoiler

Depends where you are. Where I live, calling people sweetheart/love/hun etc is just how people are nice to each other. It means nothing other than "I'm being friendly".
Original post by 0to100
have u seriously just logged back in to bump after 9 hrs just to hopefully see someone define sweetheart with no context at all

H'llo. :colone:
Original post by shawtyb
my dad calls me sweetheart

:toofunny:
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
H'llo. :colone:

oi wag1 babby :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest