The Student Room Group

Look at this - advice?

pisses me off when people reject other people based on looks. what if you got to really know the person, you know....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
pisses me off when people reject other people based on looks. what if you got to really know the person, you know....

I think its stupid too. A person's personality is important too! Looks fade overtime. Personality and inner beauty still shines, and it would be pretty retarded if you married or is with someone soley because of looks. I'm NOT saying looks are not important, they are! We are human and its natural to be attracted to beauty BUT its terrible if you consider beauty to be the most important thing! If you do. Your sadly not in love its LUST.
Looks are just as important as personality in a relationship. If there's no physical attraction then why get together in the first place?
Original post by xxKiaraxx
Looks are just as important as personality in a relationship. If there's no physical attraction then why get together in the first place?

That is true but not everything is about sex if that's what you mean by physical attraction lol
I think looks fade and I see that people tend to go for more lighter looking girls
If you're not attracted to someone a relationship just can't work, even if they have an amazing personality..sadly it will just end up in friendship, then again that can be a good thing too :smile:
Finally, someone who thinks the same as I when it comes to looks. It's only a small portion of what should matter in a relationship. Every other factor should be based off intelligence, personality, and their overall attitude. I'm an absolute b**ch so I'll probably never get anyone...
Original post by Adamski191
Finally, someone who thinks the same as I when it comes to looks. It's only a small portion of what should matter in a relationship. Every other factor should be based off intelligence, personality, and their overall attitude. I'm an absolute b**ch so I'll probably never get anyone...

I like how honest you are.

Spoiler

Reply 8

Exactly this is what I think , it's just society that has got into people's heads saying what they should look like etc. Whether like the previous person said about not be a light colour etc. People are oblivious to the fact that looks fade and what's good with having a good looking person where they are ass holes and up their ass loooool that's how I see it, how do you see it ,??
Exactly this is what I think , it's just society that has got into people's heads saying what they should look like etc. Whether like the previous person said about not be a light colour etc. People are oblivious to the fact that looks fade and what's good with having a good looking person where they are ass holes and up their ass loooool that's how I see it, how do you see it ,??

Nah just because some d**khead was pretty don't mean I would go out with them again. I'd need to take pretty much every single aspect of the person into perspective, and decide whether or not they're worth going out with.
Hmmmm
Nah just because some d**khead was pretty don't mean I would go out with them again. I'd need to take pretty much every single aspect of the person into perspective, and decide whether or not they're worth going out with.

What do you mean
Reply 12

Well they'll be the ones missing out then, if someone is shallow enough to reject you solely based on appearance then they're not worth it anyway. And while I agree that looks shouldn't matter that much, taking care of yourself, having good hygiene, and maintaining a healthy body is important.
What do you mean

Well if I found someone to be particularly attractive, but they had the personality and attitude of a rubbish bin, I wouldn't go out with them again.
Doesn't there sort of have to be both? If you don't find someone attractive it's really really hard to see them in that way no matter how nice they are, and it's better to stay friends. Then again, if someone's a complete prat it doesn't really matter how hot they are
Original post by xxKiaraxx

Original post by coucouChar1997
If you're not attracted to someone a relationship just can't work, even if they have an amazing personality..sadly it will just end up in friendship, then again that can be a good thing too :smile:

Original post by galaxyruler
Doesn't there sort of have to be both? If you don't find someone attractive it's really really hard to see them in that way no matter how nice they are, and it's better to stay friends. Then again, if someone's a complete prat it doesn't really matter how hot they are

From what I've noticed our generation is particularly shallow; you could be an average/good-looking guy or girl and still get looked over because you've not got that killer body as depicted in the media.

It's 50/50. On the one hand if you reject someone because they're not the best looking of people, then you may be missing out on something a lot deeper. On the other hand, physical attraction is important for any relationship. It's just that people's standards have gone so high that a lot of people are getting rejected as result.
This is 100% true, but I understand where people say that individuals need to be some what attractive if they want to be noticed or not rejected but I feel that if you look like a certain way like the Instagram girls then you will be seen as attractive l?
This is 100% true, but I understand where people say that individuals need to be some what attractive if they want to be noticed or not rejected but I feel that if you look like a certain way like the Instagram girls then you will be seen as attractive l?

Personally I don't find Instagram girls attractive.

"Congratulations, you managed to take a good photo with a decent face posture and have added a filter. Shame you're incredibly vain and shallow."

Same with the guys that do similar also.

Let's face it, our generation is brought up to be incredibly superficial when it comes to attraction now-a-days. If you have so much as one flaw, you'll get overlooked.
Wow
This is 100% tru

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending