The Student Room Group

Why is gender equality still not a reality in 2016?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sapphire321
No, I'm just responding to the way you said it which was clearly designed to be presented in a negative way and to imply that feminists would not be in favour of that.

You assume far too much...

No, feminists would be in favour of it. However, I'm willing to bet not that a single one of them would even think about joining. You're not, are you?

Far less would actually be capable of joining up. This is symbolism for symbolism's sake.
Because of people like the ones who made the posts above... people who don't want to think of it as a problem because then they might have to start questioning their own behaviour
Original post by Drewski
You assume far too much...

No, feminists would be in favour of it. However, I'm willing to bet not that a single one of them would even think about joining. You're not, are you?

Far less would actually be capable of joining up. This is symbolism for symbolism's sake.

Sorry, maybe I am now but I've been constantly verbally attacked on this thread so far. I'm afraid not, no. I don't think that that would be one of my strengths personally but I do admire both men and women that do. I'm sure you could find examples of women who are feminists in the armed forces though. I'm not sure, I suppose it would depend on the exact role. I they have now allowed it then they must have established that women can have enough physical strength. I do realise that in areas such as this and also in sport it is very difficult/impossible to have total gender equality because it is a fact that in general men are stronger than women. I just believe that there should be gender equality in careers that don't have any sensible, factual reason for there not to be. :smile:
Original post by IronicalMan
JEWS are the problem...........

What?
If you think women are oppressed in the Uk relative to men you are not a feminist.
What?

Most prominent feminists=Jews.
Breakdown of society, low birth rates ect. Within the jews interest considering most nationalists are against the jews... See the Polish anti jew posters in the Soviet-Polish war. After the holocaust, the jews realized they needed to eliminate white European societies, and not only does feminism increase the work force participation, decreasing labour costs for corporations and banks, it increases cheap labour overall, it decreases birth rates for an excuse of mass immigration(to create a divisive society and to decrease labour costs).
Roll up ! Roll up! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have another amazing specimen to show you today! Feast your eyes on the magical, mysterious, Feminist! Yes fellows, hear her complain about our meritocracy and how hard workers achieve so they can put women down! See the outstanding 'statistics' showing you that women earn less because they are in lower paid professions and watch her spin it into a conspiracy against women. Let your surroundings be filled with her tears when you tell a joke that she doesn't like. And of cause ladies and gentlemen you will all hear the cry of the modern day 'Liberal', for it is 2016
The reason why gender equality isn't coming around anytime soon is because men are chauvinistic pigs! Why I say this I'll never know, because I myself am male. Why men think it is acceptable to treat a woman like a piece of meat to be fought over is just stupid. Lad culture needs to be eradicated, it's an idiotic and sexist concept, and the worst part is, people complain when you try to stick up for a woman. It's pathetic.
What?

Sorry it got deleted, a liberal student forum is not the place for opinions :biggrin:
Original post by Adamski191
The reason why gender equality isn't coming around anytime soon is because men are chauvinistic pigs! Why I say this I'll never know, because I myself am male. Why men think it is acceptable to treat a woman like a piece of meat to be fought over is just stupid. Lad culture needs to be eradicated, it's an idiotic and sexist concept, and the worst part is, people complain when you try to stick up for a woman. It's pathetic.

You've never had a girlfriend have you.
You've never had a girlfriend have you.

Why would I? I'm gay. Even so, why would that matter?

#Internalisedmisandry
Why would I? I'm gay. Even so, why would that matter?

If you're nice to a woman she won't be as attracted to you as opposed to if you was a bit of a dickhead
Original post by Manchester_123
I believe in equal rights for men and women. I believe women should be treated the SAME as men. No sex should get priority or superiority. You are a feminazi and you believe men should be inferior to women. I have 0 similarity to feminists. I will never be a feminist and I'll be dead before I even consider to be one

You are putting words in my mouth. I would never say I want women to be superior. That's a figment of your imagination. I also believe women should be the SAME as men.
If women are superior then wouldn't that be the complete opposite of equality of the sexes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're nice to a woman she won't be as attracted to you as opposed to if you was a bit of a dickhead

Not necessarily.
Not necessarily.

Most of the time, a dickhead by my standards, just no nice tbf.
Original post by perspectives
You are putting words in my mouth. I would never say I want women to be superior. That's a figment of your imagination. I also believe women should be the SAME as men.
If women are superior then wouldn't that be the complete opposite of equality of the sexes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact is we want different things and let's leave it at that. I want universal equal rights so women are equals. That's me, you fight for what you want. Either way, we will never be on the same side. I've seen the feminists who represent your movement, and all I see is hate towards men, I don't want anything to do with that
The policies of the Tories during the Thatcher years and especially since 2010 have been a factor. *The public sector cuts and welfare reductions have affected women more.
Reply 118
in many areas they simply cannot be equal by ntural law... females [at the most basic level] are designed to look after the fruit of their loins whilst males have evolved to be bigger and stronger. Whilst we could debate till the cows came home whether its particularly relevent today its still an imuteable fact.
its all about feminism, right babe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending