The Student Room Group

My NEVER-ENDING EXISTENTIAL CRISIS rant.

It started in my early teens but now it took over my life. I even quit my job as a trainee solicitor, about a year ago or so because I was so sick of it. I mean, why bother? Life is so boring, unexciting, we are specs of dust in the universe. Bye bye career, hello debts. Unsurprisingly, life isn't much better now. 'Depression', 'anxiety', inability to get over things, emotional numbness, sedatives almost 24/7. My partner could disappear right now - would I care? No. Not even my occasional euphoric moods are worth it anymore. I'm so bored. So, so bored but at the same I'm too tired to actually live and change something. No, antidepressants didn't work, they did the opposite.

Long story short - I kind of want to die but I can't really do it ......... So no, it's not a 'wanna die' post, please don't remove it mods. Thaaank you :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SentryE3D
Get over it then

How? Do tell.
Have you considered going to the doctors about this? :erm:
Reply 3
Original post by Legendary Quest
Have you considered going to the doctors about this? :erm:

Yep. Antidepressants didn't work. When I went to see a psychiatrist, I was misdiagnosed. So naturally, I gave up on the idea. I don't think there's anything wrong with me mentally, actually. I think I'm just realistic about things.
Original post by Ciel.
How? Do tell.

Get a dog
Reply 5
Original post by SentryE3D
Get a dog

I have one <3 Still wanna die. Lol.
you do sound very depressed. perhaps your doctor could try some different drugs, or some other therapy ?
Original post by Ciel.
Yep. Antidepressants didn't work. When I went to see a psychiatrist, I was misdiagnosed. So naturally, I gave up on the idea. I don't think there's anything wrong with me mentally, actually. I think I'm just realistic about things.

Sorry to hear. What are your plans for the future? You have to find a way to fight through this. :smile:

Is your partner aware of this?
Reply 8
Sorry to hear. What are your plans for the future? You have to find a way to fight through this. :smile:

Is your partner aware of this?

I don't actually have any plans. I don't really want anything anymore, I don't have any passions or dreams, I just don't care to be honest. Oh and yeah, my partner supports me financially but gave up on trying to 'fix' me.
Original post by Ciel.
I don't actually have any plans. I don't really want anything anymore, I don't have any passions or dreams, I just don't care to be honest. Oh and yeah, my partner supports me financially but gave up on trying to 'fix' me.

I really do think you should consider visiting a new doctor. Find someone who can listen to you and help you out. :smile:
Reply 10
I really do think you should consider visiting a new doctor. Find someone who can listen to you and help you out. :smile:

They can't do anything if there's nothing wrong with me, though. I mean, no drug could ever make things seem less pointless, because I see them for what they really are.
You're not alone :console:
Reply 12
You're missing out on the main purpose of your life (babies).
Reply 13
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
You're not alone :console:

That's probably a bad thing : ( but yeah guess a lot of people are miserable nowadays.

Original post by 41b

Hell no.
Why are you depressed? Dont you do any fun things?
Reply 15
Original post by ThunderStormzy
Why are you depressed? Dont you do any fun things?

I don't know why... Well considering that I don't work now, I just do whatever I want 24/7 but that doesn't really help.

Original post by 41b

Mind repeating what you said in your 2nd post? I got the notification but I think they deleted it. Were you mean to me? :giggle:
Reply 16
Original post by Ciel.
I don't know why... Well considering that I don't work now, I just do whatever I want 24/7 but that doesn't really help.

Mind repeating what you said in your 2nd post? I got the notification but I think they deleted it. Were you mean to me? :giggle:
I must've triggered a veggie. I said you won't get anywhere while you remain one.
Reply 17
Original post by 41b
I must've triggered a veggie. I said you won't get anywhere while you remain one.

Ah I see. But there are thousands of non-depressed vegetarians out there so it can't be that. I'm pretty sure I'd feel even worse if I had to eat poor animals.
Reply 18
Original post by Ciel.
Ah I see. But there are thousands of non-depressed vegetarians out there so it can't be that. I'm pretty sure I'd feel even worse if I had to eat poor animals.

😋🔪I haven't had breakfast... I'd kill them myself tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
😋

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending