The Student Room Group

Does tsr support the #blacklivesmattermovement

Scroll to see replies

I support the Black Lives Matter movement. :smile:
Original post by DJBay123
BLM were very much for calling those who flew or supported those who flew the Confederate Flag a racist.
What's to stop me from now saying that every BLM member is a cop killer or that the killer represents the movement?
That's the kind of rubbish that pops from the side of the BLM. People still saying that Micah isn't real because he blew up or because there were no searches.
As I said, it is slowly turning into a violent version of the feminism movement.

The flag was a historical symbol of a racist regime.
Nothing to stop uoi calling every blm a cop killer, but youd be wrong or that the killer represented the movement at which point you would be wrong again and look even sillier. Go ahead though.

Its not turning into a violent anything.
It would help some of you if you took time to see what they stand for.
Support a terrorist movement disguised as one promoting racial equality? Most definitely not.
Original post by 999tigger

Its not turning into a violent anything.

Really?
Do you not see the violence in BLM protests, esp the ones at night?
USA are in an awful place, too many clashes of cultures and when guns are allowed, it makes the situation much more dangerous.

I understand your other point but, it is getting more violent.
Original post by Playmaker#10
So you're saying him sending out a tweet that states "prayers for everyone" for a protest his organisation started is him condemning it?

Plus, where was his response to his followers saying "what do we want, dead cops" ?

You educate yourself and stop looking at stupid tweets

Yes, saying "prayers for everyone" is condemning it, because that includes the police officers. He would've ignored it otherwise. He's also tweeted loads about the attacks against the police officers.

Black people who do shoot police officers die or go to prison. Justice is served. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about police officers who shoot civilians.
Police brutality is a huge problem in the US, only a fool would question it, which is wrong regardless of whom it's against, and more unarmed black men are shot than unarmed white men. A 12 year old boy was shot in a park, for doing the exact same thing 12 year old white boys are doing, you know, being 12 year olds.
Completely 100% against anyone who thinks that killing innocent officers is somehow advocacy and a form of protest.

I hope you're also completely 100% against officers who think that killing innocent civilians is okay.

But I bet you don't
No sorry, Im not too fond of supporting a racist terrorist organization.
Original post by DJBay123
Really?
Do you not see the violence in BLM protests, esp the ones at night?
USA are in an awful place, too many clashes of cultures and when guns are allowed, it makes the situation much more dangerous.

I understand your other point but, it is getting more violent.

Well the police could help matters by refraining from unlawful shootings. That might give them less to protest about.
Original post by StrawbAri
Would you quit it with the sweeping generalisations?
On Twitter I have seen no one actaually applaud the death of the police officers. In fact some of the most adamant protesters of the killings of those black men came out to say they didn't condone the killings of the police officers.
In fact it hasn't even been proven yet that the killer was a member of BLM. You have no proof. And no, BLM saying they hate the police isn't proof.

If people make generalisations about how right wingers are all racist, homophobic xenophobes I bet you'd be against that.

Original post by draculaura
I believe all lives matter. Can't believe some people think that's racist. Out of all the people who have been shot this year by police, about 25% were black. Do the 75% not matter? On June 25th, a 19 year old unarmed white male was shot by police. Where were the cries then? I genuinely believe black lives matter is racist and does not put any consideration into anyone else's suffering. All police murders need to stop, not just black ones.

That's actually true! Where the **** where the cries from the all lives matter supporters when that innocent white man was shot by police? Why are they not outraged about the police killing asian or hispanic people?
Because they don't give a flying **** about police brutality. They don't and they never have and they never will. The only time all lives matter movement is brought up is when black lives matter supporters bring up black lives matter first. And if the black lives matter movement were to die off, all lives matter would just as quickly.
Original post by elizah
Yes, saying "prayers for everyone" is condemning it, because that includes the police officers. He would've ignored it otherwise. He's also tweeted loads about the attacks against the police officers.

Black people who do shoot police officers die or go to prison. Justice is served. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about police officers who shoot civilians.
Police brutality is a huge problem in the US, only a fool would question it, which is wrong regardless of whom it's against, and more unarmed black men are shot than unarmed white men. A 12 year old boy was shot in a park, for doing the exact same thing 12 year old white boys are doing, you know, being 12 year olds.

Don't you think that's because 13% of Black people account for over 50% of all the homicides in America?

Where are the protests over the gang violence plague in Chicago and New york?

Why are your voices only heard when it's a black person getting killed by a white person?

The movement just make you guys look like attention seeking hypocrites.
I do not support BLM #alllivesmatter if I had to choose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Novascope
I hope you're also completely 100% against officers who think that killing innocent civilians is okay.

But I bet you don't

This idea that every black person killed by a cop happens to be innocent is part of the reasons no one regards BLM as a sensible organisation.

Is this man every single liberal and BLM supporter?
He didn't even get any retweets. I could find a racist/homophobic tweet made by a conservative and that'd be proof that every right winger is homophobic scum according to your logic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sarkrista112
I do not support BLM #alllivesmatter if I had to choose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Except they arent saying only black lives matter. They have focused on it because they feel marginalised and discriminated against. Have a look on their website.
Well I obviously support it.

If anyone has the sense to fact check, the people who killed those officers today were NOT part of BLM. They were part of their own group. BLM organised a PEACEFUL protest. I can't see why anyone would have an issue with that.

To those crying #AllLivesMatter. Where were you before BLM? Nowhere. People who cry ALM are part of the problem as well. You're trying to shove racism under the carpet and that's ****ed up. WE KNOW all ****ing lives matter. BLM has never once said all lives don't matter. If you can read it's Black Lives Matter. Not ONLY Black Lives Matter. Likes seriously this **** is pissing me off so much right now. I don't give a **** if someone has a criminal record. If a person is supposedly about to be arrested for a crime, the police should ****ing arrest them properly so justice is serve. Not kill them. Officers are not around to execute people. They have no right to take lives just as much as civilians don't.

To the people saying that officers kill more whites than black. Well, what the **** are you doing? How can you still support officers knowing full and well that they're killing people regardless of race at an alarming rate? To the white people who get upset over BLM, why don't YOU do something when your people are killed? You cannot sit there and get mad when a group of people are doing something to support their group. Do something yourselves.

People need to stop bringing up "black on black crime" (why is that even a label huh?) When a black person kills another black person, or when a black person commits any sort of crime they get PUNISHED for it (and rightly so). But when a white officer kills a black person, whether they're innocent or not they DON'T get punished, and that's why people are ****ing mad and want to protest.

Racism is well and alive today. It is a huge issue. If you don't support BLM well then that's up to you. Nobody's forcing you do, but you're an idiot if you have a huge problem with it.

I won't be responding to any *******s who want to try to come for me. I've seen enough ignorance today. Not going to entertain any more.
Original post by StrawbAri
Is this man every single liberal and BLM supporter?
He didn't even get any retweets. I could find a racist/homophobic tweet made by a conservative and that'd be proof that every right winger is homophobic scum.

There are many many MANY more examples I could pull up, people actually making videos on it.

I just wanted to show you that you're not to sure what you're talking about.
Don't you think that's because 13% of Black people account for over 50% of all the homicides in America?

Where are the protests over the gang violence plague in Chicago and New york?

Why are your voices only heard when it's a black person getting killed by a white person?
The movement just make you guys look like attention seeking hypocrites.

That statistic in no way justifies the killing of unarmed men
Yes, 100%

Quick Reply

Latest