The Student Room Group

Going to do AS Levels on October/November and writing personal statement

I am going to do my AS Level exams on October/November; all of them. But right now I am writing my personal statement. This means that I cannot mention about my AS Level grades. Does this mean that I have a lower chance of getting accepted, or that it is better not to apply to universities such as Oxford and Manchester?
Should I also mention the reason why I didn't take my AS Levels on May/June or is this a very common thing to do? Please help!
Reply 1
Since when did October November exams get introduced
Reply 2
Original post by hizzbani
Since when did October November exams get introduced

The CIE exam board offers the exams to be in both periods. I thought it was the same for all exam boards.
Reply 3
Original post by shneebnee
The CIE exam board offers the exams to be in both periods. I thought it was the same for all exam boards.

In what country are you planning to take these exams? CIE's October/November exams are mainly taken in other parts of the world and barely anywhere will accept entries for them in the UK. Do you have a centre organised?
Reply 4
Nope, not the same for all exam boards, not for OCR, Edexcel, WJEC nor AQA, I would suggest speaking to a personal statement tutor in school or an English teacher
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
In what country are you planning to take these exams? CIE's October/November exams are mainly taken in other parts of the world and barely anywhere will accept entries for them in the UK. Do you have a centre organised?

I am taking these exams in Portugal. Can I try sending my application until January 15 (deadline) if I get my results until then? Will they still accept it or do I have to lose hope in all?
What do you mean by an organised centre?
Reply 6
Original post by shneebnee
I am taking these exams in Portugal. Can I try sending my application until January 15 (deadline) if I get my results until then? Will they still accept it or do I have to lose hope in all?
What do you mean by an organised centre?

You can apply much earlier and just put your results as pending.
Reply 7
Original post by Compost
You can apply much earlier and just put your results as pending.

Is that done through the UCAS application or do I have to write it in my personal statement?
Also, by doing that, will I have a lower chance of getting selected in the university?

Quick Reply

Latest