The Student Room Group

Can I get an A*?

Just received my mark for my Chem Rate of reaction ISA Paper 1 and got 17/20. I was really hoping for 19 or 20. Is it still possible to get an A* overall in my ISA if I work hard enough for Paper 2?
Original post by umar39
Just received my mark for my Chem Rate of reaction ISA Paper 1 and got 17/20. I was really hoping for 19 or 20. Is it still possible to get an A* overall in my ISA if I work hard enough for Paper 2?

yes
You need to get 28/30 on paper 2 to secure an A*.
Yeah you need 27/30( including the graph). Paper 2 is slightly harder than paper 1, so don't be too disheartened if you don't get an A* overall :smile:
Yes, work hard, and believe in yourself! :smile:
Reply 5
The teacher marked it the day after we sat the test to give us an ideal picture of what grade we should expect
Reply 6
I hope so :s-smilie:

Thanks Btw
Original post by umar39

lol don't worry about it, just remember the answers, isa's are so easy how can you not get an a*?
Yeah you can get it, but the max amount of marks you can lose in your second paper is 2-3. The grade boundaries don't normally go above 45 for A* (DEPENDING ON HOW THE COUNTRY DOES!).
Reply 9
Original post by umar39
The teacher marked it the day after we sat the test to give us an ideal picture of what grade we should expect

Same

Quick Reply

Latest