The Student Room Group

NCS??

Hello I'm going next week and I wanted to ask what you're supposed to bring with you? i literally have no idea what to bring and what it is even about. I just know you do different activities away from home on week 1 then skills the next...

can anyone who has just done it share your experience or what shall i bring?
Reply 1
What is NCS?
Hasn't NCS emailed a programme containing the packing list? And have you not been to a meeting? All the info is given there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by nomophobia
Hasn't NCS emailed a programme containing the packing list? And have you not been to a meeting? All the info is given there

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope. i only got the timetable, no packing list. I couldn't attend the information evening on that day either.
Reply 4
Original post by M14B
What is NCS?

National Citizen Service (NCS) is an experience you really don't want to miss. If you're 15 to 17 years-old, this is your chance to embark on exhilarating challenges, make your mark and build skills for work and life. More than 200,000 young people have already said YES to NCS. Don't. Miss. Out.

UCAS recommends students include NCS in their personal statement

You learn the skills employers value

Learn to budget and live for yourself

Meet incredible people

Get your voice heard!

http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/what-is-ncs
:smile:
Reply 5
Sorry I am 19
Original post by Kryptonian
National Citizen Service (NCS) is an experience you really don't want to miss. If you're 15 to 17 years-old, this is your chance to embark on exhilarating challenges, make your mark and build skills for work and life. More than 200,000 young people have already said YES to NCS. Don't. Miss. Out.

UCAS recommends students include NCS in their personal statement

You learn the skills employers value

Learn to budget and live for yourself

Meet incredible people

Get your voice heard!

http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/what-is-ncs
:smile:

Sounds like a bore. Lucky thing I'm 18.
Ugh NCS are so annoying, they keep coming into college pestering us to join. Then they kept harassing my friend to do it by constantly emailing and texting her
Original post by Kryptonian
nope. i only got the timetable, no packing list. I couldn't attend the information evening on that day either.

Email them and ask for one then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by nomophobia
Email them and ask for one then

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Ugh NCS are so annoying, they keep coming into college pestering us to join. Then they kept harassing my friend to do it by constantly emailing and texting her

Hint, if she actually tells them she doesn't want to go then they will remove her from the list...
If it's the activities week just bring clothes, pyjamas,shoes, water bottle, first aid kit, phone, toothbrush, soap, suncream etc.

I would also recommend bringing a swimsuit too just in case the showers are bad and loads of snacks because you never know what the food will be like.
Also bring flip flops in case the showers and bathroom were dirty, comfy shoes to wear inside and trainers in case you go somewhere muddy.

If your going somewhere muddy or dirty it's also worth bringing 2 extra sets of clothes and bring things that are easy and comfy to wear like a hoodie and t-shirt.
does anyone know how to delete your NCS account because im not interested anymore

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending