The Student Room Group

I have this double standard and I know it's wrong

I'm a Muslim guy and I drink, go to nightclubs and do stuff with girls(i.e. grinding). I am also not a virgin and lost my virginity to a random girl who I don't even know the name of. I do follow aspects in the religion such as I do pray most of my prayers(on average 3-4 a day), and I do eat only Halal. I also like researching the religion and gaining more knowledge.

Anyway, as I'm getting older, I'm starting to think of marriage. I really wouldn't like to marry a girl that goes to nightclubs, never mind drinks. And as for the virginity thing, it is extremely important for me that I marry a girl that has not had sex with anyone before(unless special circumstances). I would also much prefer it if she hasn't been involved in any Haram relationships before too(i.e. pre-marital). I would also prefer to marry a Hijabi girl, and have got my eyes on one in particular who doesn't know that I get up to all of this.

I know it is completely a double standard and it is wrong to think like this, but I don't know where to go from here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is pretty much every other muslim guy lol. **** attitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
not cool.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Hypocrite.
Reply 4
Original post by A321
This is pretty much every other muslim guy lol. **** attitude.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well just to let you know, I am condemning the mentality. It is better than thinking like this and condoning it.
You are so undeserving of a pious girl, hypocrite. Stay away from them. You deserve a girl exactly like you.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a Muslim guy and I drink, go to nightclubs and do stuff with girls(i.e. grinding). I am also not a virgin and lost my virginity to a random girl who I don't even know the name of. I do follow aspects in the religion such as I do pray most of my prayers(on average 3-4 a day), and I do eat only Halal. I also like researching the religion and gaining more knowledge.

Anyway, as I'm getting older, I'm starting to think of marriage. I really wouldn't like to marry a girl that goes to nightclubs, never mind drinks. And as for the virginity thing, it is extremely important for me that I marry a girl that has not had sex with anyone before(unless special circumstances). I would also much prefer it if she hasn't been involved in any Haram relationships before too(i.e. pre-marital). I would also prefer to marry a Hijabi girl, and have got my eyes on one in particular who doesn't know that I get up to all of this.

I know it is completely a double standard and it is wrong to think like this, but I don't know where to go from here.

Lol then you cheat on her....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Well just to let you know, I am condemning the mentality. It is better than thinking like this and condoning it.

Nice. So you disapprove of your disgusting mentality yet you want to act upon it. I don't see how that makes it any better tbh. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Muslim?

Arent you guys like the kings of arranged marriages. Just tap into the muslim freinds/family network to find yourself a future wife.

Its not, because i am sure u just made that mistake once with a girl in the past right?, and anyway u should do what u want to do in ur life, and leave the past to where it is, as it is not double standard, so dont think like that, it is ur past so u should forget it and try to move on

If u need any help then u can ask me :smile:
Reply 10

Brother it is clear that islam is in your heart since you pray. It is also clear that you have some weaknesses ( just as everyone else) brother as long as you are still alive there is a chance for you to repent and stop the haram you are doing and strive to become a better muslim.

As for you wanting to marry a pious sister, you will not get somebody different to you allah will not give you someone who is different to you i.e if you are not pious yourself allah will not give you a pious wife. So if you want a pious wife you need to be pious first then allah may grant you a pious wife. In the quraan it says that a zani only marries a zani which means that no matter how hard you try and find a pious wife you will end up with a zania. (Having sexual intervource outside marriage is zina)

You wanting a wife that has never done any haram is kind of impossible at this moment for you since you have done haram but if you want someone who is pious you need to become pious. You may expect someone who has repented just like you.

May allah forgive us all and may allah guide you and us all and may allah give us spouses that are pious and may allah make us worthy of pious spouses. Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Good luck finding someone waiting for marriage mate, this is the west and the 21st century people are doing a bit of hanky panky in clubs, cars, night clubs, planes, shopping malls etc. i.e. you're looking for a diamond ina mountain of crystals.
How old are you OP?
I am a Muslim girl that doesn't wear a scarf and I'm not incredibly religious, I don't pray five times a day but I do fast. I also wear skirts etc but never without tights. If a guy like you tried to suggest marriage to me, I'd probably slap you. What is the point of your prayers if your controlled by your dick as soon as its over? I doubt they are even accepted you are wasting your time even trying it with any conservative Muslim girls.
I am a Muslim girl that doesn't wear a scarf and I'm not incredibly religious, I don't pray five times a day but I do fast. I also wear skirts etc but never without tights. If a guy like you tried to suggest marriage to me, I'd probably slap you. What is the point of your prayers if your controlled by your dick as soon as its over? I doubt they are even accepted you are wasting your time even trying it with any conservative Muslim girls.

Well good news, I am not asking you for marriage, I am asking her. Also, you don't know whos prayers are accepted or not, that's up to God.
Original post by Napp
Good luck finding someone waiting for marriage mate, this is the west and the 21st century people are doing a bit of hanky panky in clubs, cars, night clubs, planes, shopping malls etc. i.e. you're looking for a diamond ina mountain of crystals.

Yes, true, and I am determined that I can find one, in fact I already have. Just waiting for things to happen now.
Yes, true, and I am determined that I can find one, in fact I already have. Just waiting for things to happen now.

Is she okay with your past? Kinda feel bad for her tbh.
Reply 17

Best of luck )

[video="youtube;ROc8qcM7W60"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROc8qcM7W60[/video]
[video="youtube;ROc8qcM7W60"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROc8qcM7W60[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending