The Student Room Group

How many of you are dual nationals or more?

This poll is closed

How many countries do you hold citizenship to?

1 31%
2 59%
3 6%
4+3%
Total votes: 32
UK/NZL

Scroll to see replies

I have the option to claim US citizenship, through my father and grandfather, I haven't yet though. I'd like to do it in the year future since my claim is only valid until my 18th birthday.
I'm a bit Irish so I'm dual nationality! :biggrin:
But I don't have the accent as I've never lived there. :sad:
Original post by Shadow Hunters

Do you have an Irish passport? You can't be 'a bit' Irish :tongue:
Original post by Shadow Hunters

Dual nationality means you're a legal citizen or a passport issued from said country, What does a "bit Irish" ****ing mean in this context?
HK, Nigeria, Britain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
HK, Nigeria, Britain

Posted from TSR Mobile

How'd that happen? Quite an interesting combination!
UK/Ireland.

Considering moving permanently to Norway or Germany, so maybe I can add a third passport to my collection in the future? :colone:
Original post by 34908seikj
How'd that happen? Quite an interesting combination!

Grandma on dad's side is from HK, we lived there for a while as a family. Born in Nigeria myself, then bounced around a couple countries as is par for the course for an expat kid with a parent in Oil and Gas; landed here and have been through the whole citizenship thing again.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Do you have an Irish passport? You can't be 'a bit' Irish :tongue:

Not yet but I am getting one, grandparents are from Ireland and my mum is an Irish citizen. :smile:
UK/Colombia/Germany
Dual nationality means you're a legal citizen or a passport issued from said country, What does a "bit Irish" ****ing mean in this context?

Okay calm down a bit. Jeez you seem incandescent with rage from your comment! My grandparents are Irish and my mum is an Irish citizen so I am entitled to an Irish passport and am in the process of getting one. :smile:
Reply 12
I have the option to claim US citizenship, through my father and grandfather, I haven't yet though. I'd like to do it in the year future since my claim is only valid until my 18th birthday.

how old are you now?
Original post by goam
how old are you now?

16, so I have a little bit of time until I need to start the proceedings if you will.

enjoy the **** load of tax :tongue:
Original post by Student403
enjoy the **** load of tax :tongue:

Easy, I won't get a job!
UK/ India

I have an OCI (Overseas Citizen(ship) of India)

Is it really worth having though? Unless you plan on living there in the future (and why would you want to), then I can't see any value in having a US passport. US citizens who live abroad have to pay American income tax!
Original post by Snufkin
Is it really worth having though? Unless you plan on living there in the future (and why would you want to), then I can't see any value in having a US passport. US citizens who live abroad have to pay American income tax!

I didn't know that. I guess the thought of having an American passport sounds cool. Nothings set in stone and obviously I still have to consider a lot of things [like American tax].
Original post by Snufkin

It's absolutely not worth it. My mother pays a lot of tax working abroad with her passport. She will likely give it up soon.

Quick Reply

Latest