The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Im downloaded Pokemon Go yesterday or the day before. You just need a apk file or something. (very easy to do)
The servers are down though. Im still level 1 and the only pokemon i have is a bulbasaur. What team is everyone joining?
I'm not impressed. I want them to create real Pokemon. :biggrin:
Remember when the trailer came out I spunked a little, though now I kind of wish they'd held back for some more progression of VR-esque technology. This game would have been mind blowing with google glass.
I'm a bit scared to DL this. It looks as addictive as crack cocaine.

One day and you're hooked. Soon enough you're going on midnight bus journeys and walking around council estates to find Pokemon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Just thought you guys would like to know the UK release has been put on pause http://uk.businessinsider.com/pokemon-go-international-rollout-paused-2016-7?r=US&IR=T

Also, you are able to play the game and connect to the servers if you download and install the APK of the game, and it will just let you connect via your google play account. Servers can be running for most of the day although they do get knocked offline when the west coast wakes up and all of them try to access it at once and flood the servers,
Use this website https://ispogodown.com/ to check the status of the servers

Anyone who does decide to go the APK route its perfectly allowed and fine, what is not allowed and will get you banned is using any type of fake GPS.

Make sure to choose team instinct (yellow) when you get to level 5, enjoy
Few tips

Turn off augmented reality if you want to try save battery as this game is a drain, expect to use around 30mb data usage for a good 5 hours constant gameplay, don't waste your candies and stardust on leveling up your weak pokemon, only level up fully evolved pokemon, and only evolve your highest rated duplicate as it gives it a bigger boost than wasting evolves on weaker ones. Transfer duplicates to the prof for extra candys for evolving.

Pokeballs and revives and health potions are plentiful , dont bother trying to conserve them feel free to use them liberally, i would not recommend using incence to attract pokemon to your location as the servers are unreliable currently and you dont want to waste them, however, you can earn them by leveling up so if you think the servers are smooth and want to risk it feel free.

Visit all the local pokestops every 5 mins for free pokeballs potions etc, and take controll of gyms lvl5+ in order to get freebies if you manage to hold them and add help allied gyms by training them and adding pokemon to expand your teams territory

I suggest you guys invest in a portable battery pack lol, because you will need it. Any more questions feel free to pm me.
Original post by AzY-
Just thought you guys would like to know the UK release has been put on pause http://uk.businessinsider.com/pokemon-go-international-rollout-paused-2016-7?r=US&IR=T

Also, you are able to play the game and connect to the servers if you download and install the APK of the game, and it will just let you connect via your google play account. Servers can be running for most of the day although they do get knocked offline when the west coast wakes up and all of them try to access it at once and flood the servers,

Anyone who does decide to go the APK route its perfectly allowed and fine, what is not allowed and will get you banned is using any type of fake GPS.

Too many people play pokemon at the same time, server is overloading.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when it will be available for iOS in the UK? I literally can't wait any longer to play it :frown:
Original post by Impressive
You have it already? Probably iPhone?

We, android users have to suffer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, im on android.
Make sure your android is 4.4 version (do a software update if its not) then go to apkpure.com on your phone and download pokemon go from there :biggrin:
Meanwhile I'm playing Ingress until GO comes out
Original post by AzY-

Why team yellow may i ask?
Original post by eternaforest
Nope, im on android.
Make sure your android is 4.4 version (do a software update if its not) then go to apkpure.com on your phone and download pokemon go from there :biggrin:

I have android 5.0, do I need to download 4.4?

Also, is there any way of downloading through play store? I was looking forward to official release.. plus if i download this file from apkpure; my content won't be saved if I later delete and install the one from play store.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Welcome to the Pokemon Go official thread.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits!:pika:

UK version still not released - Puddles is obsessively refreshing the play store - will quote folks in if it comes out today :rofl:

Share your favourite images from the game & your own screenshots :excited:

Icebreaker: What's your starter pokemon going to be?!

I am way too psyched for this to come out. :excited: Where is it?! :sad: It looks amazing!

:crazy:

POKEMON SNAP

*Refresh play store*
Still not there...

10:13 update: STILL NOT THERE :cry2:
11:11 update: Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :cry:
14:21 update: OMD
15:54 update: I'm losing hope :bawling:

You can get it in the UK....just go find the APK file if you're on Android :wink:
I've joined Team Mystic! I have a fully evolved Pigeot at 224CP, A Pidgeotto at 149CP, a Raticate at 117CP, Another Pidgeotto at 111CP, A gastly at 96CP, Rattata 77CP and some others too. I'll probably be going to gyms tomorrow because there's a few near me. There's nothing wrong with downloading an APK file to be honest. Lots of Youtubers in GB have done it and have had no issues with viruses e.t.c. Can be done on both iOS and Android.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Omg, what's it like? Is it amazing? :crazy: Post screen shots :colonhash:

I've only just sorted it out as it was just saying "gps signal not found" all the time. Turns out you have to make sure your GPS is on High accuracy mode and not battery saver mode :biggrin:
My rarest pokemon so far is a gastly which i had to walk into this charity shop (on the map grass will rustle where there's a pokemon and i was just unfortunate it was in this small charity shop haha) The pokestops are really cool, there's loads around where i live and its fun going to them to get items.
13606686_10202048004796962_2327735423165660955_n.jpg
The blue markers are pokestops and when you tap one it shows you what it is

You have to go to it and then you'll get some items, mostly pokeballs and they refresh every 5 mins so you can do it again to get more

You power up pokeon using candy and stardust. I forgot how to get stardust but you get more candy when you catch that certain pokemon each time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Impressive
I have android 5.0, do I need to download 4.4?

Also, is there any way of downloading through play store? I was looking forward to official release.. plus if i download this file from apkpure; my content won't be saved if I later delete and install the one from play store.

Posted from TSR Mobile

4.4 or higher so 5.0 is fine. And I thought it would save to your google account as that's what i used to log in so im not sure. I don't mind having to restart when it officially comes out though :biggrin:
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Meanwhile I'm playing Ingress until GO comes out

What faction are you?
I'm looking forward to trying Pokemon Go but it will probably mean giving up on Ingress for a while.*
Original post by DarkMagic
What faction are you?
I'm looking forward to trying Pokemon Go but it will probably mean giving up on Ingress for a while.*

After looking a bit into the lore I went with the Enlightened. To be honest though I don't understand how to play. I captured a portal today but I don't think I'll be getting into it. Can't seem to find where all the community's at.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
After looking a bit into the lore I went with the Enlightened. To be honest though I don't understand how to play. I captured a portal today but I don't think I'll be getting into it. Can't seem to find where all the community's at.

Good choice 👍.
The game is a bit tough at the start but it gets better when you level up a few times. Has anyone offered to help you in Comms? You'll pick it up really quickly if you have someone showing you how to play and it can be fun meeting the players in your area.
There's loads of YouTube videos that give tips as well but feel free to ask me if you're unsure of anything.
Original post by eternaforest
I've only just sorted it out as it was just saying "gps signal not found" all the time. Turns out you have to make sure your GPS is on High accuracy mode and not battery saver mode :biggrin:
My rarest pokemon so far is a gastly which i had to walk into this charity shop (on the map grass will rustle where there's a pokemon and i was just unfortunate it was in this small charity shop haha) The pokestops are really cool, there's loads around where i live and its fun going to them to get items.
13606686_10202048004796962_2327735423165660955_n.jpg
The blue markers are pokestops and when you tap one it shows you what it is

You have to go to it and then you'll get some items, mostly pokeballs and they refresh every 5 mins so you can do it again to get more

You power up pokeon using candy and stardust. I forgot how to get stardust but you get more candy when you catch that certain pokemon each time.

Stupid question but how do you change your gps settings? (Ik it ranges for each phone) I think im having the same problem as you although sometimes it works.

Quick Reply

Latest