The Student Room Group

Black lives matter protest in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AsapRocky
When Britain First march they are basically white lives matter but no one cares bout that. I have grown a serious disliking to white people, they are the cause of 90% of the worlds problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yet you can sit down in your stupid house and type this rubbish over the internet which was a product of white men's intelligence.

Ungrateful mug.
Original post by saraxh
13643089_1077056245708066_1519552717_n(1).jpg

[video="youtube;a17u14fHrig"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a17u14fHrig[/video]
https://twitter.com/MarcStevenPhoto/status/751488874657017856?lang=en-gb

The lives of police officers also count, people who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones
Original post by Bill_Gates
The facts show it's the case in the US. Whites hold 14 times as much wealth as blacks. True bourgeoisie/proletariat relationship, although asians hold more wealth than both so kind of throws the whole race argument out the window.

I think the black community should of been offered more after slavery though. So white's do have some level of responsibility here.

Policy changes:
- Better schools
- More state funding for poorer students
- Clean up housing policies in the US
that would be a start but DOUBT anything will change, another sentimental speech from Obama.

See this is why I've grown to have more respect for the Black Panthers than I do for Black Lives Matter. I know both are controversial figures, the former in particular was prone to violence and known for its influence on the exclusion of whites from white and black co-founded parties such as CORE, thus majorly reducing funding for the civil rights movement in the late 60s and 70s. However the Black Panther Party did try to set up some form of aid for disadvantaged African Americans in the US, touching on education, healthcare and homelessness. It may not have worked in the end due to lack of funding, but they were doing something other than protesting.

Similarly, when looking at other groups in the civil rights movement in the 50s to 60s, a great deal of the time the protests were heavily tied in to legislation - it wasn't just making a riot, it was 'we need to raise awareness because we can then pass laws to guarantee legislation to help us in the following areas'. Yes, it didn't always work, but it had a clear goal and more importantly it focused on how to achieve that goal. This is just protesting, and in the case of Dallas, killing.

I haven't heard of any legislation they want to push through or any alternative methods they want to use to achieve their goals. There are people in there who have legitimate grievances with issues such as police brutality in America, then there are others who are simply incredibly selfish attention seekers and are leeching off the cause. The latter are causing a lot of drama and really risk invalidating the cause of the former.
When Britain First march they are basically white lives matter but no one cares bout that. I have grown a serious disliking to white people, they are the cause of 90% of the worlds problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are nationalists. Sure there are a few racists in there, but those are nationalists above all. We are all in agreement that they are nasty pieces of work. They'll spew hate about Middle-Eastern people just as quickly as they'll spew hate about the French.

Please don't generalise white people. Do you seriously think a little kid who was born with little melanin would be responsible for 90% of the world's problems?
Do you have a clear definition of 'white'? Because I don't. Sure, we can probably agree that the majority of Iceland's population is white - but seriously, Iceland is probably one of the most innocent countries on this planet - then as we go through the world geographically, skin tends to darken. For example, would you count people from Georgia or Azerbaijan as being white? If yes, what of Iran which is just across the southern border of Azerbaijan? Or Russia's Dagestan which is just across the northern border?

The world is not so simple. It never has been.

Blaming 90% of the world's problems on white people is ludicrous. If you're angry about something, please just don't direct it at people who don't deserve it, because you're blaming a lot of people, the majority of whom you've never interacted with.
To busy protesting in Britain First marches, and its the frequency of thd killings as to why they are marching, you dumbass

Posted from TSR Mobile

Britain First is a British political group you dense troll, I'm talking about Innocent American Police officers here, murdered by black thugs
Original post by joecphillips
100% of police killings in the uk in 2016 the victims are white

#whitelivesmatter

Source?
What is a Mandem?

How many black people in the UK roughly? My guess is about 1 million perhaps :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Playmaker#10
Britain First is a British political group you dense troll, I'm talking about Innocent American Police officers here, murdered by black thugs

So the police who kill unarmed black men are also white thugs :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao a political group who go round beating up non-whites? Don't make me laugh, you are obviously a racist bigot who has his head in the clouds, its not my job to educate you. Tbh its too late for you anyway you are obviously an idiot if you think BF is a legitimate political group.. One look on their FB page pretty much kills that idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
So the police who kill unarmed black men are also white thugs :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being Unarmed doesn't necessarily mean you still aren't a threat and one of the police officers was asian not white, why are you people only interested in murder when it's a white person doing it to a black person?
Original post by SMEGGGY
What is a Mandem?

How many black people in the UK roughly? My guess is about 1 million perhaps :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mandem is basically a group of friends, basically it is being used in this situation to show unity, in other words "stop killing my people"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao a political group who go round beating up non-whites? Don't make me laugh, you are obviously a racist bigot who has his head in the clouds, its not my job to educate you. Tbh its too late for you anyway you are obviously an idiot if you think BF is a legitimate political group.. One look on their FB page pretty much kills that idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really really REALLY sound like you're inebriated.

Where the hell did I ever state that I support Britain first or consider them legitimate?

I started arguing with you because of your racist ignorant comment that 90% of the worlds problems are caused by white men, I have no business with Britain first or any other political group right now, I'm talking about what you said you dummy you.
Being Unarmed doesn't necessarily mean you still aren't a threat and one of the police officers was asian not white, why are you people only interested in murder when it's a white person doing it to a black person?

White cop shot him stop trying to down play it, if he can only arrest people by shooting them hes in the wrong job. The case where the officer chased a random black man shot him and planted a gun in his hand (all caught on film) was he doing a good job? Do you not see why black people would be skeptical about all these shootings? Or are you actually that much of a bigot?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they aren't a political group how come their leader contested for Mayor of London and positions in Parliament?

If they aren't a political group then what are they, A football club?

You're beyond stupid

Sigh...a cat can itself a dog if it wants..

Is this really how far your mind stretches? I guess with racism comes ignorance so classic symptoms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why aren't you protesting against Asians.

The man who killed the black man with his girlfriend and kid was an Asian man, so why aren't you hypocritical morons protesting them?

nobody is protesting against whites, their protest is concerning the police in general. It just so happens that the policemen in a majority of these tragedies happen to be white and coincidentally, their victims are black
I think generalisation is fine its not individualy based its just a general overview, dont see the problems in that.. And I dont see how you can really sit and argue with me tbh, am I lying when I say white people have enslaved, taken over lands of natives, whiped out races of people from day 0? Nearly every darn non-white country celebrates an independence from white rule where they celebrate not being raped, enslaved and eventually killed. Facts are facts, whites fd Africa up completely then act like they did it to themselves. Now want to get mad over a few marches in the street smh, we have a minute silence over WW1 every year but we are told to get over slavery, where the minute silence for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then your issue is primarily with colonisation, not skin colour.

Firstly - a note on slavery. You think 'white' countries are built off the slavery of non-white people? Have you ever heard of serfdom? I don't think it's taught much in schools these days - it ruins the pretty fairytale image of the middle ages to know that a vast majority of France and Russia was built on the backs of slave-peasants, whose masters could take them to bed and rape them whenever they pleased.
The slaves coming from Africa were in majority given by their countrymen. Yes, there were those ripped away from their families directly by white people, but the rest were simply warring nations who sold off their conquered enemies as slaves - as has been the custom for thousands of years. It doesn't make it right, but this is a lot more political than you think.

The issue with slavery when looking at the past 400 years in particular is that it became the case that the distinguishing feature between the slaves and their 'masters' - skin colour - persisted beyond that. It was then 'backed up' (and I use this word more ironically than anything) by eugenics - which is perhaps one of the most vile brands of pseudo-science known to man.

That slavery - the debt for which Britain is still paying for, as freeing slaves was extremely expensive, so this has in no way been forgotten - relied on mass displacement of people and is such a special case not so much because it is slavery, as slavery has existed in all nations and still exists in greater numbers than ever before today, but because it became so associated with the colour of one's skin. Half of France's population is not going to rise up in protest over serf ancestors as no one can tell who was who back then. The colonisation-style slavery is a different matter because you can tell who was who. Racism persists when it should have been left long ago in the past. This is why we need to talk about that version of slavery - but it does not mean it was the only type of slavery which existed.

Now, you mention mass genocide. I agree it was disgusting and in many ways I agree with everything that you've said, for what happened was vile. There is nothing that can be said to justify the treatment that natives suffered. There is nothing that can be said to justify slavery either. Again, the vast majority of this was political. Money and a thirst for power do not see skin colour, they will destroy anyone and any thing. And yes, greedy West-European politicians screwed up Africa - not your average Russian grandmother at the time. Your anger for that would be related to colonialism - and your anger is completely justified. All those empires have crumbled though, you haven't lived through what happened, maybe you've seen the repercussions of it up close. But there is no one left responsible for it at the time for you to shout at.

If you look at quickly through my comment history, you'll see I'm not getting 'mad' at mass protest. I think it's a great thing. I do think the Black Lives Matter movement does need to be careful in some areas though, as it's not made clear exactly how it wants to achieve an end to police brutality, but apart from that, I'm completely for it.

Through bearing a grudge against white people though, you're also bearing a grudge against some poor Uzbek grandmother who's done nothing against you, or you're hating on some random Danish 5-year old.

That said, I think your minute's silence for slavery is a really good idea, it would be a very good thing to have.
Original post by cherryred90s
nobody is protesting against whites, their protest is concerning the police in general. It just so happens that the policemen in a majority of these tragedies happen to be white and coincidentally, their victims are black

Nonsense, most of the victims of police killings are white, and a black person murders a cop 18.5 times more than a cop murders a black man.

In-fact in 2016, 13 black unarmed men in the US have been killed by police which is around 3% and that's the same ratio for unarmed white people 3% 17 people
People should look into actual statistics and stop paying attention to the rubbish the media feeds into your little heads.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nonsense, most of the victims of police killings are white, and a black person murders a cop 18.5 times more than a cop murders a black man.

People should look into actual statistics and stop paying attention to the rubbish the media feeds into your little heads.

Source of your information?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Source of your information?

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

Now actually learn the stats before calling me and other people names.

Reasonable dialogue is the only way this problem can be solved.

Quick Reply

Latest