The Student Room Group

Access Diploma UCAS points?

Does anyone know how many UCAS points is 45 distinction credits out of 45 possible credits? Am looking online and haven't found the answer yet... Also, does anyone know if there's any agreement among unis about grade equivalencies and the Access Diploma? Durham's site says that AAA* at A Level is equivalent to at least 30 Distinction credits as well at least 15 credits at Merit or above, but it doesn't tell you about equivalencies for grades higher than AAA*... Unis say to make sure that your grades are equivalent to the requirements. If a course is say AAB, how could the highest possible grade in the Access Diploma possibly not be equivalent or better? :frown: I want to be able to communicate what my grades are considered to be equivalent to but I don't know...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by greenmang0
Does anyone know how many UCAS points is 45 distinction credits out of 45 possible credits? Am looking online and haven't found the answer yet... Also, does anyone know if there's any agreement among unis about grade equivalencies and the Access Diploma? Durham's site says that AAA* at A Level is equivalent to at least 30 Distinction credits as well at least 15 credits at Merit or above, but it doesn't tell you about equivalencies for grades higher than AAA*... Unis say to make sure that your grades are equivalent to the requirements. If a course is say AAB, how could the highest possible grade in the Access Diploma possibly not be equivalent or better? :frown: I want to be able to communicate what my grades are considered to be equivalent to but I don't know...

The ucas tariff includes access courses from 2017 entry, the calculator is here https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/calculator
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
The ucas tariff includes access courses from 2017 entry, the calculator is here https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/calculator

Thanks! I was on the UCAS site but must have been in the wrong place :tongue: What about ones started 2016 though? Is the tariff worthless for those? Or by 'courses' does it mean uni courses? :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks! I was on the UCAS site but must have been in the wrong place :tongue: What about ones started 2016 though? Is the tariff worthless for those? Or by 'courses' does it mean uni courses? :redface:

The tariff will have changed so although the old one gives you something to go off,if you are applying for 2017 then it could be slightly different entry requirements.
Reply 4
This calculator says that 3 x 56 is 144. :s
Edit: Now it's behaving. It reckons 45 Distinctions is AAA, which is a bit concerning for anyone wanting to do an A*AA course with an Access Diploma
(edited 7 years ago)
This calculator says that 3 x 56 is 144. :s
Edit: Now it's behaving. It reckons 45 Distinctions is AAA, which is a bit concerning for anyone wanting to do an A*AA course with an Access Diploma

I wouldn't worry. Most places shouldn't care about the UCAS points unless you're explicitly applying on the basis of UCAS points.
For access courses, uni's will give a conditional offer of distinctions in some credits & merits in some. Durham are asking for distinctions in everything. You've got no leeway at all. For history, UEA want distinctions in 36 credits and merits in 9. Even that doesn't give much leeway due to how many credits various units are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Cate1976
For access courses, uni's will give a conditional offer of distinctions in some credits & merits in some. Durham are asking for distinctions in everything. You've got no leeway at all. For history, UEA want distinctions in 36 credits and merits in 9. Even that doesn't give much leeway due to how many credits various units are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham don't ask in Distinctions for everything for all subjects.
Reply 8
Original post by Cate1976

Durham asked for 30 Distinctions and 15 Merits when I applied to them, but that was for Pharmacy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending