The Student Room Group

What do you think of this cartoon? Do you think it teaches children to be homophobic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag_dXO6HUSY

Some people have said that this cartoon is too controversial for little children and has will cause them to grow up with homophobic beliefs.

What do you think?
Girl, why you watching videos by JWs :L

Obviously they're homophobic as ****.

Now, the thing is, they sincerely believe that the only way for homosexuals to reach paradise and live happily ever after is if they ignore their homosexuality at best, or at worst convert from it.

Hopefully they don't the latter because that would be dumb.

But many JWs and other extremist Christians woo-woos think the former.

It makes sense, if you are moral and empathetic and you believe that homos are going to suffer tremendously for their homo acts, that you would try to stop homos from doing the homo acts. That is the only moral thing to do IF you already have those beliefs.

So it isn't that JWs are evil. They don't intend to do bad - they don't realise that by taking away homo rights they are being bad. They're just dumb. And wrong. If we permit them to do what they like then they very much would commit wrong actions - even if their intention is to do good they would only commit bad actions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TorpidPhil
Girl, why you watching videos by JWs :L

Obviously they're homophobic as ****.

Now, the thing is, they sincerely believe that the only way for homosexuals to reach paradise and live happily ever after is if they ignore their homosexuality at best, or at worst convert from it.

Hopefully they don't the latter because that would be dumb.

But many JWs and other extremist Christians woo-woos think the former.

It makes sense, if you are moral and empathetic and you believe that homos are going to suffer tremendously for their homo acts, that you would try to stop homos from doing the homo acts. That is the only moral thing to do IF you already have those beliefs.

So it isn't that JWs are evil. They don't intend to do bad - they don't realise that by taking away homo rights they are being bad. They're just dumb. And wrong. If we permit them to do what they like then they very much would commit wrong actions - even if their intention is to do good they would only commit bad actions.

I don't watch them. It was just a video I came across.

I just think it's funny how they are acting as if being homosexual is the only sinful act. I guess people that wear mixed fabrics, cheated and fornicators arent going to paradise either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by loveleest
I don't watch hem. I have never even heard of them before. It was just a video I came across.

I just think it's funny how they are acting as if being homosexual is the only sinful act. I guess people that wear mixed fabrics, cheated and fornicators arent going to paradise either.

They make videos on them too looooool.

These guys are very very serious about their scripture. Literally take it word-by-word.

They're not indiscriminate in that way and that's why they're not like most homophobes.

These guys really just are deluded and think barely anyone is going to paradise but try their best to make sure as many will go as possible. It's hard not to pity them really!
I don't think it teaches them to be "homophobic" so to speak but it discourages homosexuality through religious pressure; which is still BS.
Reply 5
This is of course an utterly homophobic video (I don't care how much benevolence they dress the homophobia up with) and a clear tool for indoctrination, but it would probably only be effective in indoctrinating kids if combined with the corresponding conservative Christian upbringing. I mean this video on its own probably wouldn't cause a kid to grow up homophobic.
that was me but once i met homosexuals and saw their personality and the love they have for their partner was incredible :yep:
i have friends who are homophobic but its their personal life and i shouldn't be interfering! if they are happy then its great :yep:
humanity comes first, loving and respecting each other equally
Nothing wrong with the cartoon/video
I wouldn't want my child watching this if I was a parent.
Well Jehovah witnesses are stupid and this video is slightly homophobic
-9.763/10 CGI :naughty:
At first I was like ok the mum isn't saying anything specifically homophobic, she's just stating what their scriptures state and thus what they believe. I dont think it's homophobic to hold thoes beliefs. But towards the end the girl talks about how she's gonna tell the girl with gay parents about how they're basically not going to go to heaven. Idk if this is a tv show or not, but obviously showing this to children is going to make children do the same thing the girl in the video is going to do thus promoting homophobia. It's ok not to agree with homosexuality, just don't force your beliefs down other people's throats, once you start to voice your opinions on how you think it's wrong or they're not going to heaven, it becomes homophobic.
It is just a cartoon.
Reply 13
Original post by Blue_Mason
It is just a cartoon.

But it's sending a message...
But it's sending a message...

Either way I do think any cartoon should feature homosexuality, as children cartoons should not feature such complicated subjects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag_dXO6HUSY

Some people have said that this cartoon is too controversial for little children and has will cause them to grow up with homophobic beliefs.

What do you think?

lol the funny thing is only 144000 people will get into heaven, according to jehovah's. The rest will be either cease to exit or live on overpopulated Earth.

Quick Reply

Latest