The Student Room Group

Girlfriend of black man shot by police: "All Lives Matter".

Diamond Reynolds would be considered a 'racist' by 'Black Lives Matter'.

Watch this short video please:

[video]https://youtu.be/A63Qh-c0T8Q[/video]

Back in February, Black Lives Matter co-founder Marissa Jenae Johnson told Fox News’ John Roberts that the phrase “all lives matter” is a “new racial slur”.

Leftist commentators have also repeatedly insisted that saying “all lives matter” is racist. Just yesterday, Advocate.com writer Rachel Lewis asserted that, “when you say #AllLivesMatter, whether you mean to or not, you’re being racist.”

Scroll to see replies

Black people are around twice as likely to be killed by police, but when you account for their higher crime rate, it pretty much evens out. The only reason we think the police target blacks particularly is because this is the narrative the media is trying to create. Far, far more whites are killed by police so they could easily fill the news with stories about those deaths.

Of course these are only statistics, I don't what it's like down on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem with racism towards blacks in some police forces. But nonetheless, the problem here is really about police brutality. The Dallas police shootings seemed fairly inevitable to me. That's what happens when you have a ruling authoritative force that acts like a self-serving gang, people will rebel, and they'll rebel the more they get attacked.

Clearly the answer is to heighten gun control to the point where only high ranking officers need to wear guns to protect themselves. American society has a kind of hysterical gun culture, which breeds fear, tension and a tendency towards being trigger happy. That's what needs to be addressed.
Original post by KingBradly
Black people are around twice as likely to be killed by police, but when you account for their higher crime rate, it pretty much evens out. The only reason we think the police target blacks particularly is because this is the narrative the media is trying to create. Far, far more whites are killed by police so they could easily fill the news with stories about those deaths.

Of course these are only statistics, I don't what it's like down on the ground. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a problem with racism towards blacks in some police forces. But nonetheless, the problem here is really about police brutality. The Dallas police shootings seemed fairly inevitable to me. That's what happens when you have a ruling authoritative force that acts like a self-serving gang, people will rebel, and they'll rebel the more they get attacked.

Clearly the answer is to heighten gun control to the point where only high ranking officers need to wear guns to protect themselves. American society has a kind of hysterical gun culture, which breeds fear, tension and a tendency towards being trigger happy. That's what needs to be addressed.

What if government turns tyrannical and you have no guns
Finally a message of unity and sanity. The current Black Lives Matter movement has employed a narrative which is really doing noting but aggravating race relations, about which the left aren't willing to dispel because it complies with their unfounded political bias.
OK, I wasn't aware that two people speak for an entire movement.

I support the BLM movement, that doesn't mean I don't believe that all lives matter. I am simply against people using that phrase with the intention of downplaying the way that Black lives are being devalued in America.
Original post by WW3IsComing

If a government turned tyrannical I'm sure it'd make sure to take away everyones firearms before it really sank its teeth in.
If a government turned tyrannical I'm sure it'd make sure to take away everyones firearms before it really sank its teeth in.

Yeah. its happening now in the USA.

Good luck destroying tanks with your *****y ballistic rifles.
Original post by WBZ144
OK, I wasn't aware that two people speak for an entire movement.

I support the BLM movement, that doesn't mean I don't believe that all lives matter. I am simply against people using that phrase with the intention of downplaying the way that Black lives are being devalued in America.

The Black Lives Matter movement has been devalued because it doesn't comply with fact or statistics, not to mention the overt racism that is spewed from its leading members. A white person is more likely to be killed by a police officer in the US, and a white person is more likely to die from the use of police force than a black person by a ratio of 3:1. Even though black Americans make up 13% of the population, they're responsible for over 27% of all crime and 52% of all intentional homicides. Even more pertinent, only 2.5% of all killings of black people last year was because of police force, as oppose to 92% of all killings of black people that was committed by fellow blacks. Even though there's only 30 million black people in the US, they killed over 350 white people; even though there's 192 million white people, they killed under 200 black people. The point I'm making is that we have to accept the whole picture otherwise it's no wonder people aren't getting on-board the BLM movement. Of course sociological and economical factors are to play for the aforementioned, but if that's so let's talk about them as oppose to having useless protests and blaming every obstacle on institutional racism.
Yeah. its happening now in the USA.

It has always been like this.
Original post by tanyapotter
You know what aggravates race relations? White cops killing unarmed black men and being revered for it. Honestly, do you have any personality or any form of independent thought? All you want is for the left to comply, to be quiet, to submit to the right. How can anyone take you seriously?

You know what aggravates race relations? Black men shooting cops in the back and being revered for it. Honestly, do you have any personality or any form of independent thought? All you want is for the right to comply, to be quiet, to submit to the left. How can anyone take you seriously?
You know what aggravates race relations? White cops killing unarmed black men and being revered for it. Honestly, do you have any personality or any form of independent thought? All you want is for the left to comply, to be quiet, to submit to the right. How can anyone take you seriously?

Says the person who has unquestioningly accepted the media's narrative. Quack quack quack.

Do you know more white people were killed last year (50%) than black people (25%)?

Do you know black people make up 13% of the population yet they're responsible for over 50% of all murders?

Do you know of all intentional homicides last year of black people over 92% were committed by fellow black citizens, as oppose to 2.5% by police officers?

Do you know that a black police officer is 3.3 times more likely to use deadly force than a white police officer?

Do you know the police officer who shot Philando Castile was an Asian and not white?

Do you know that blacks are less likely to die from police force than whites and Hispanics at a ratio of 3:1?

Do you know that a police officer is 2.5 times more likely to die from a black man than a black man is from a police officer?

Do you know that black Americans - 30 million people - killed more white people last year than white Americans - 192 million people - killed black people?
Says the person who has unquestioningly accepted the media's narrative. Quack quack quack.

Well, KingBradley, I'm not going to accept the narrative of a far-right internet forum user, am I?
Original post by jake4198
Do you know more white people were killed last year (50%) than black people (25%)?

Do you know black people make up 13% of the population yet they're responsible for over 50% of all murders?

Do you know of all intentional homicides last year of black people over 92% were committed by fellow black citizens, as oppose to 2.5% by police officers?

Do you know that a black police officer is 3.3 times more likely to use deadly force than a white police officer?

Do you know the police officer who shot Philando Castile was an Asian and not white?

Do you know that blacks are less likely to die from police force than whites and Hispanics at a ratio of 3:1?

Do you know that a police officer is 2.5 times more likely to die from a black man than a black man is from a police officer?

Do you know that black Americans - 30 million people - killed more white people last year than white Americans - 192 million people - killed black people?

Citations needed. And am I saying that the killing of white people is not a problem in America? No.
Well, KingBradley, I'm not going to accept the narrative of a far-right internet forum user, am I?

I don't think Jake seems particularly far-right. Is that the best you can do, accuse anyone who doesn't agree with your narrative of being an extremist?
I don't think Jake seems particularly far-right.

I'm talking about you.
I'm talking about you.

Sorry, wrong pigeonhole.
Sorry, wrong pigeonhole.

Just what I've observed, don't mind me.
Just what I've observed, don't mind me.

No it isn't. You're calling me far-right to try and discredit me. Anyone who has read through this thread will have seen my top comment and after reading it your accusation of me bring "far-right" will just seem feeble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending