The Student Room Group

Putin: US / NATO is irreversibly pushing the world towards nuclear war.

Vladimir Putin has finally taken the kid gloves off.

The Russian president was meeting with foreign journalists at the conclusion of the Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum on June 17th, when he left no one in any doubt that the world is headed down a course which could lead to nuclear war.

Putin railed against the journalists for their “tall tales” in blindly repeating lies and misinformation provided to them by the United States on its anti-ballistic missile systems being constructed in Eastern Europe. He pointed out that since the Iran nuclear deal, the claim the system is to protect against Iranian missiles has been exposed as a lie.

The journalists were informed that within a few years, Russia predicted the US would be able to extend the range of the system to 1000 km. At that point, Russia’s nuclear potential, and thus the nuclear balance between the US and Russia, would be placed in jeopardy.

[video="youtube;8PgSX-WD96Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PgSX-WD96Q[/video]

Putin completely lost patience with the journalists, berating them for lazily helping to accelerate a nuclear confrontation by repeating US propaganda. He virtually pleaded with the western media, for the sake of the world, to change their line:

We know year by year what’s going to happen, and they know that we know. It’s only you that they tell tall tales to, and you buy it, and spread it to the citizens of your countries. You people in turn do not feel a sense of the impending danger this is what worries me. How do you not understand that the world is being pulled in an irreversible direction? While they pretend that nothing is going on. I don’t know how to get through to you anymore.

Does anyone in the reeking garbage heap that is mainstream western media have a conscience? Do they even have enough intellect to get what Putin is saying that they are helping to push the planet towards World War III?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/video-putin-warns-journalists-of-nuclear-war-i-dont-know-how-to-get-through-to-you-people/5534820

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/putin-loses-it-journalists-i-dont-know-how-get-through-you-people/ri15456
Reply 1
No it isn't.
Reply 2
Original post by Drewski
No it isn't.

Is that a statement or a thought?
Reply 3
Original post by WW3IsComing
Is that a statement or a thought?

Statement.

Nobody's stupid enough to actually think that WW3 is imminent or likely. Not going to happen.
And Putin has really helped the situation by invading Crimea!

In all honesty, and this is purely conjecture on my part, but wouldn't the world be a much safer place if countries invested in nuclear defence systems instead of nuclear weapons, thus rendering said weapons obsolete? I am very much in favour of retaining our nuclear deterrent as long as other countries refuse to disarm themselves, and it's not like we could ever trust them to do so even if they did agree to. But if everyone developed more sophisticated defence technology then this would not matter, as all nuclear missiles would then provide only a minimal threat to our safety.

Not that I think WW3 is in any way imminent, even Putin isn't that foolish.
Maybe Putin has been misunderstood this whole time. He's got our back! :rolleyes:

He couldn't be totally biased as he's not welcome in NATO, that would be absurd!

No, Vladimir Putin is in my top 3 leaders not to trust on anything. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Maybe Putin has been misunderstood this whole time. He's got our back! :rolleyes:

He couldn't be totally biased as he's not welcome in NATO, that would be absurd!

No, Vladimir Putin is in my top 3 leaders not to trust on anything. :biggrin:

He never said that, he said we are heading towards towards war and he isn't lying. The radical swing of political parties and rise of lawlessness is testimony to that.
Reply 7
Original post by JRKinder
wouldn't the world be a much safer place if countries invested in nuclear defence systems instead of nuclear weapons, thus rendering said weapons obsolete?.

No, because then there's a new race to make your nuclear weapons 'beat' the defences that other countries have set up for them. The current status quo is actually pretty stable.
Reply 8
He is right!
Also note before every major conflict there has been a major recession.
Reply 9
The conflict in Ukraine was caused by a violent coup and now Ukraine is a mess, as corrupt and poor as ever..

Now debt slaves of the IMF Jewish international scum bankers
Putin is right. It's why we need to destroy the establishment whether it be the EU, UK government, NATO or US government. Those who support say the EU want WW3
Original post by Drewski
No, because then there's a new race to make your nuclear weapons 'beat' the defences that other countries have set up for them. The current status quo is actually pretty stable.
Surely it would depend on the sophistication of the defence mechanism, I'm sure at first countries would attempt to upgrade their nuclear prowess but if this appeared to be heading towards a dead end then the focus could instead shift back to bolstering conventional military forces, which are less likely to create the 'end of the world' scenario that nukes could. Of course this all depends on the relative strength of offensive/defensive technology, unless you're in the defence tech business it's pretty hard to speculate.
Original post by JRKinder
Surely it would depend on the sophistication of the defence mechanism, I'm sure at first countries would attempt to upgrade their nuclear prowess but if this appeared to be heading towards a dead end then the focus could instead shift back to bolstering conventional military forces, which are less likely to create the 'end of the world' scenario that nukes could. Of course this all depends on the relative strength of offensive/defensive technology, unless you're in the defence tech business it's pretty hard to speculate.

Not really.

These things were discussed at length in the bad old days and the only answer that ever came out of it was that if one country developed an advantage over another - which would happen in an arms race of this kind - that the only thing that would happen is that nuclear war would become "winnable".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending