The Student Room Group

getting over sexual inadequacy

I don't think I'm well at the moment, but I've been told that I'm fairly average looking and my sexual inadequacy gets me down. I'm a virgin at 24 and girls have either patronised me or mocked me, pretty much.

Thing is, there are things I'm measurably better than the majority of people at. I qualified for the british maths olympiad at school, putting me in the top few percent (one or 2, idk) of A level maths students. Didn't prepare for the BMO so didn't do that great.

I was dux of my high school which is pretty cool in spite of *****y attendance because of bullying.

I'm far better than average at guitar and there are lots of other hobbies I'm getting good at.

But I'm just fixating on my sexual inadequacy. Will this get better with age?

Is there a medication to remove sexual urges completely? I've been on sertraline which made me impotent but that didnt' hit the spot. I felt even more inadequate as I still had urges but couldn't get an erection.

Scroll to see replies

I'd suggest seeking professional help as i doubt anybody here could help you.
Reply 2
Original post by Silver Arrow
This post is coming across all Supreme Gentleman. I'd suggest seeking professional help as i doubt anybody here could help you.

just googled it and you're comparing me to elliot rodgers? wtf
Original post by fermat1324
just googled it and you're comparing me to elliot rodgers? wtf

Silver Arrow is just being nasty. ignore him/her.

these feelings can really spoil your life when you should be enjoying it the most. you should ask your GP for advice. it is embarrassing to admit that you have problems, but there are people who would be delighted to help you. *
Reply 4
This post is coming across all Supreme Gentleman. I'd suggest seeking professional help as i doubt anybody here could help you.

what would a professional have for me? They haven't done **** so far and it's been 4 years of their *****y medications and stuff.
Original post by the bear
Silver Arrow is just being nasty. ignore him/her.

these feelings can really spoil your life when you should be enjoying it the most. you should ask your GP for advice. it is embarrassing to admit that you have problems, but there are people who would be delighted to help you. *

OP is claiming his superiority in Maths is enough of a reason for women to be flocking to him which is not quite how sexual attraction with the opposite sex works.

OP it sounds as if you have a lot of shame issues with your sexuality as you mention wanting to take a pill to get rid of them. The first step is to accept your sexuality as part of being a man. Nothing gets better without applied effort. Professional help with help you deal with this better far more than any online forum will. Good luck!
Reply 6
I don't think I'm well at the moment, but I've been told that I'm fairly average looking and my sexual inadequacy gets me down. I'm a virgin at 24 and girls have either patronised me or mocked me, pretty much.

Thing is, there are things I'm measurably better than the majority of people at. I qualified for the british maths olympiad at school, putting me in the top few percent (one or 2, idk) of A level maths students. Didn't prepare for the BMO so didn't do that great.

I was dux of my high school which is pretty cool in spite of *****y attendance because of bullying.

I'm far better than average at guitar and there are lots of other hobbies I'm getting good at.

But I'm just fixating on my sexual inadequacy. Will this get better with age?

Is there a medication to remove sexual urges completely? I've been on sertraline which made me impotent but that didnt' hit the spot. I felt even more inadequate as I still had urges but couldn't get an erection.

If girls don't like you, you can always join the dark side. :h: Maybe guys will.
Reply 7
OP is claiming his superiority in Maths is enough of a reason for women to be flocking to him which is not quite how sexual attraction with the opposite sex works.

OP it sounds as if you have a lot of shame issues with your sexuality as you mention wanting to take a pill to get rid of them. The first step is to accept your sexuality as part of being a man. Nothing gets better without applied effort. Professional help with help you deal with this better far more than any online forum will. Good luck!

No I listed several things which I'm better than other people at, and I wasn't suggesting they should be sexual attracted to me for it. Just saying that I have stuff other than my sexual inadequacy.
Reply 8

also really if we were rational beings my superiority in maths would matter more than how bad I was sexually as the processes involved are the methods by which we we can figure the answers in life out...sexuality is a penis going into a vagina to continue the species, a base human desire. And yet even I feel **** that I'm crap sexually.
Original post by Ciel.
If girls don't like you, you can always join the dark side. :h: Maybe guys will.

are you sure you would date a Supreme Gentleman? Lol
Reply 10
Original post by TheReader

how am i a supreme gentleman wtf

it is a funny video though tbf
how do you know you are bad if you have never actually had sex.

Wait until then, and after that worry about it.
Reply 12
Original post by fallen_acorns
how do you know you are bad if you have never actually had sex.

Wait until then, and after that worry about it.

I mean more my inadequacy in seducing women, not that I've ever actively tried to do that other than on hookup/date sites
Reply 13
Original post by TheReader

Spoiler

I'm taken so it doesn't matter.
also really if we were rational beings my superiority in maths would matter more than how bad I was sexually as the processes involved are the methods by which we we can figure the answers in life out...sexuality is a penis going into a vagina to continue the species, a base human desire. And yet even I feel **** that I'm crap sexually.

You dont sound very well adjusted tbh. You are quite into being better or superior at things, but the world doesnt always work like that.

Hope you dont use the maths olympiad as one of your conversation openers.

Are you socialble?
Funny?
Good company?
Likeable?
Empathetic?
Reply 15
Original post by 999tigger
You dont sound very well adjusted tbh. You are quite into being better or superior at things, but the world doesnt always work like that.

Hope you dont use the maths olympiad as one of your conversation openers.

Are you socialble?
Funny?
Good company?
Likeable?
Empathetic?

no i don't use it as a convo opener
no i don't use it as a convo opener

Its an odd thing to cling to, unless ofc there are lots of girls in that area?
Get a well paying sexy career and women will flock to you.
it doesnt get better at age unless you do something about it...

Again, nobody except you cares how good you are at maths.

Quick Reply

Latest