The Student Room Group

Alpha vs Beta males

Does it really matter? Ladies? What do we think? What do you like and dislike about both types of males?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it's a whole load'a bs :cute:
Reply 2
Don't want to sound stupid, but what do you mean by alpha and beta males?
Reply 3
Original post by Alexion
it's a whole load'a bs :cute:

Well said.
Original post by Nimrahk123

Beta male can only score between 10-14 on a long question, whereas the illustrious alpha male consistently hits 15+.

Leader of the alpha males is commonly reverred to be Senior Wrangler
No one in real life above the age of 23 actually gives a **** about this- I've never heard anyone even say the word "beta" - it makes me cringe just thinking about it.*
Reply 6

Alpha males are the ladies men. Confident, self-assured and assertive types (the guys that treat girls badly and girls still flock to them like flies to ****). Beta males are quiet, shy and insecure - the guys that try to make everyone happy - the type of guy that does a girl's homework and lets her walk all over him and the type of guy who gets friend zoned.
Original post by Anonymous
Does it really matter? Ladies? What do we think? What do you like and dislike about both types of males?

It matters to the werewolves in Twilight. But, as I am thankfully not Bella Swan, I don't care.
Reply 8
Either all of you are lying or you've been through this shallow stage and have matured. I mean come on...ladies do you really like a guy that constantly agrees with everything to say and has no strong opinions? A guy you can push about?
Original post by Anonymous

:rolleyes:

I don't believe in it
Any man who brings up alpha/beta males into a conversation is not someone I care to date.
prefer a gamma male myself

He basically means jerks vs normal nice guys
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
prefer a gamma male myself

My kind of bloke :wink:.
I personally identify as zeta.
my reaction to OP

Original post by TheReader
I personally identify as zeta.

Elaborate...:P
By your definition I think everyone has some combination of both traits, like introversion and extraversion.
It's not so black and white, I don't think you can classify a guy easily into either, except for extremes.
Alpha and beta are such stupid terms...

But I get what you mean.
Original post by Azarashi
By your definition I think everyone has some combination of both traits, like introversion and extraversion.
It's not so black and white, I don't think you can classify a guy easily into either, except for extremes.

True. So what do you prefer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending