The Student Room Group

please forgive me - what ACTUALLY happens on AS results day?

hi all - have a few questions about what happens on AS results day :smile:
long story short I quit 6th form straight after my last AS exam (hated it basically) in september I'm going to college :smile:

will AS exam results day be the same as GCSE? (are they still in the brown envelope etc?)

what time is the best to go there if I want to avoid people - like I could go straight in & out with no hassle?

do the press go round to most schools/sixth forms? I know during gcse our results and a few people managed to make it onto our local chronicle paper which I really want to avoid...

does anyone know what the peak time is for people to collect results (i have an early morning job so I can just go early

do I have to open them in front of everyone? could i take them home? last year I opened them in the car

what time is the earliest and latest you can go and collect them?

Spoiler

thank you! i have already left sixth form and because they started A2 after AS I'm not there so I haven't had any information about it hence its a bit confusing for me...
A Level results and GCSE results are on different days. A Level results day is 18th August.

Yes, you get it in an envelope. My school also emailed it to us.

The rest depends on your school.

You don't have to open it in front of anyone.
Reply 2
Original post by bizzy_penguin
long story short I quit 6th form straight after my last AS exam (hated it basically) in september I'm going to college :smile:

will AS exam results day be the same as GCSE? (are they still in the brown envelope etc?)

what time is the best to go there if I want to avoid people - like I could go straight in & out with no hassle?

do the press go round to most schools/sixth forms? I know during gcse our results and a few people managed to make it onto our local chronicle paper which I really want to avoid...

does anyone know what the peak time is for people to collect results (i have an early morning job so I can just go early

do I have to open them in front of everyone? could i take them home? last year I opened them in the car

Spoiler

thank you! i have already left sixth form and because they started A2 after AS I'm not there so I haven't had any information about it hence its a bit confusing for me...

GCSE and A-level result days are pretty much all the same (though it varies slightly for each sixth form) except they both are on different days. Not every sixth form has a press, but I'd assume it's entirely optional if you want to appear in the press or not (they cannot force you).

If you want to avoid everyone then just go at the start. Peak time is different for each sixth form, since they open and close at different time.

No you don't need to open your results in front of everyone (most don't), and it's best to open it whist you're there in case you did really badly (for example, did not get the grades to move up the year) and would need to talk to a teacher about possible options.

Contact your school if you weren't informed of the time
You get DDDD then you cry

Spoiler

It depends on the college. My sixth form had a student portal where our results were uploaded on results day. We could also go in and collect hard copies if we wanted (my college printed them off and handed them to you, there was no envelope).

Probably really early or later on when most people will have collected them.

Sometimes they do, but there is no obligation to be in the newspaper etc if you don't want to.

That depends on the times you can collect your results between.

You can open them however you want, you can open them when you get them, in the car, when you get home etc.

That varies between colleges, you should be told beforehand :smile:

Spoiler

How you're given the results depends on your school so I can't answer that. In my personal experience (and obviously I've only been to a few results days so this isn't exactly reliable), it's less busy later, not earlier. There might be newspapers but if you rush in and rush out (like I did) then they won't approach you. There's absolutely no obligation to open them there and then. In terms of the times, you'll need to find out from your school. They should communicate this to you or it'll be on their website. Some even email them to you.
It all depends on your sixth form - at mine, they're uploaded onto a portal so you just access them from home on the computer from about 6am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your mum drives you over to your college/sixth form, breathes down your ear about how you would have nothing to worry about if only you had listened to her and studied harder, follows you to the reception, where you pick up your brown envelope, nags you to open it until you give in just to shut her up and looks over your shoulder while you're checking your grades. If one or more of them isn't perfect, she will give you a hundred "I told you sos" and vocally hope that you have learned your lesson this time and will have a stronger work ethic at uni. Then she will buy you expensive chocolates to celebrate the fact that you're moving to uni in a few months.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest