The Student Room Group

Sir Richard Branson talks about brexit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
Improved trade terms for tomorrows market, perhaps? Reduction of harmful regulation? Greater long term growth?

All sounds very vague to me. Improved trade terms- how?

So you think that despite the majority of economists stating clearly that it will be harmful, and will have a negative long term effect, you disagree. Why?
Original post by Twinpeaks
All sounds very vague to me. Improved trade terms- how?

So you think that despite the majority of economists stating clearly that it will be harmful, and will have a negative long term effect, you disagree. Why?

Care to cite any saying it will have a negative long term effect without making dodgy assumptions such as the treasury's "no other trade deals will be made," and btw, that's how you get better than WTO terms.
Original post by DauntlessOne
You liberals are all the same, throw toys out the buggy as soon as you don't get your way. Bottom line is this - We had our vote, you voted for what you believed in and albeit you lost. It's not the end of the world, the only real losers here are the EU and the worlds obscenely rich. If you wasn't all brainwashed by the Murdoch machines propaganda, you would see what's really going on here too.

And after all if you love the EU so much, you can always move there and leave the country you have turned your back on to get on with it.

You do realise Rupert Murdoch wanted to leave the EU?

Hilarious that you'd tell me I'm brainwashed.

No, the real losers are the poor. The rich will keep being rich, and the EU is more stable than ever, with the Brexit reducing popularity of far-right parties across Europe. It's the poor that get ****ed when the EU stops investing in them, austerity leads to the NHS failing more and more, and they can't afford rising food and fuel prices.
Original post by Twinpeaks
How can giving people a second chance to vote in light of new information, and the outing of blatant lies ever be "undemocratic"?

Brexiters are so against the idea because they are well aware that the tables could well turn. Many people regret their decisions, which were uninformed and influenced by media propaganda and dirty tactics in the first place.

i voted Remain, but i do not wish for another Referendum. it sucks deeply that our country has been plunged into turmoil by people who do not know what a dirndl is, but that is the joy of democracy. *
Original post by the bear
i voted Remain, but i do not wish for another Referendum. it sucks deeply that our country has been plunged into turmoil by people who do not know what a dirndl is, but that is the joy of democracy. *

What is up with all the condescension from the remain side, even those who don't want another referendum? Why is it that we so often read remainers implying that loads of those who voted to leave and uninformed, or racist, or just plain stupid, but on the flip side all remain voters are well informed, PC, members of the intelligentsia
Original post by JordanL_
And that would be completely reasonable. Or maybe in future we should define some rules for referendums instead of allowing an irreversible constitutional change to be made with a 2% majority based on a completely unregulated campaign.

Quite.
I'm not opposed to Jeremy Hunt's idea of having a referendum on whether to remain or leave based upon the outcome of the exit negotiations(if legally article 50 can even be revoked once invoked?), but to have another one just because people have caused a fuss will just create a never ending cycle as neither side would win by a large enough margin to shut the other side up.
What is up with all the condescension from the remain side, even those who don't want another referendum? Why is it that we so often read remainers implying that loads of those who voted to leave and uninformed, or racist, or just plain stupid, but on the flip side all remain voters are well informed, PC, members of the intelligentsia

It's hard not to be condescending when you watch stuff like this

[video="youtube;ReRQ8DryTWQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReRQ8DryTWQ[/video]

Obviously it doesn't apply to all leave voters, but for many this was an industrial-scale temper tantrum that ****ed all of us.
Original post by Alexion
I don't think you said the word tax enough times in this post tbh

TAX
It's hard not to be condescending when you watch stuff like this

[video="youtube;ReRQ8DryTWQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReRQ8DryTWQ[/video]

Obviously it doesn't apply to all leave voters, but for many this was an industrial-scale temper tantrum that ****ed all of us.

And the remain voters were all well informed, saints, and members of the intelligentsia?
And the remain voters were all well informed, saints, and members of the intelligentsia?

Of course they weren't, but remain voters weren't calling for radical change, and they aren't to blame for the consequences we're already seeing.
Of course they weren't, but remain voters weren't calling for radical change, and they aren't to blame for the consequences we're already seeing.

To relieve them of blame is absurd, unless the result was 100% remain on 100% turnout, which it wasn't, then remain supporters could have done more.
all remain voters are well informed, PC, members of the intelligentsia

word *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending