The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eternaforest
I've only just sorted it out as it was just saying "gps signal not found" all the time. Turns out you have to make sure your GPS is on High accuracy mode and not battery saver mode :biggrin:
My rarest pokemon so far is a gastly which i had to walk into this charity shop (on the map grass will rustle where there's a pokemon and i was just unfortunate it was in this small charity shop haha) The pokestops are really cool, there's loads around where i live and its fun going to them to get items.
13606686_10202048004796962_2327735423165660955_n.jpg
The blue markers are pokestops and when you tap one it shows you what it is

You have to go to it and then you'll get some items, mostly pokeballs and they refresh every 5 mins so you can do it again to get more

You power up pokeon using candy and stardust. I forgot how to get stardust but you get more candy when you catch that certain pokemon each time.

Nevermind found it.
Original post by DarkMagic
Good choice 👍.
The game is a bit tough at the start but it gets better when you level up a few times. Has anyone offered to help you in Comms? You'll pick it up really quickly if you have someone showing you how to play and it can be fun meeting the players in your area.
There's loads of YouTube videos that give tips as well but feel free to ask me if you're unsure of anything.

I tried a bunch of times saying hi and even tagged people who were greeting new players but none said hi back. No one seems to talk in my area either. I went on the local directory and there's only a group for the Resistance.

Resistance are absolutely dominating in my area too.

I have a feeling I won't be playing the game unless I can find a way to get into the social aspect of it.
Original post by Kholmes1
Nevermind found it.

Did it fix it?
I've only just sorted it out as it was just saying "gps signal not found" all the time. Turns out you have to make sure your GPS is on High accuracy mode and not battery saver mode :biggrin:
My rarest pokemon so far is a gastly which i had to walk into this charity shop (on the map grass will rustle where there's a pokemon and i was just unfortunate it was in this small charity shop haha) The pokestops are really cool, there's loads around where i live and its fun going to them to get items.
13606686_10202048004796962_2327735423165660955_n.jpg
The blue markers are pokestops and when you tap one it shows you what it is

You have to go to it and then you'll get some items, mostly pokeballs and they refresh every 5 mins so you can do it again to get more

You power up pokeon using candy and stardust. I forgot how to get stardust but you get more candy when you catch that certain pokemon each time.

It worked btw. Another quick question, on my screen when its on the map, theres a shaking pokeball at the top left corner. I pressed it, not sure if it did anything. But when I go to my pokemon and items theres nothing there apart from a camera.

Just got back a few mins ago. (Went out at like 1:30) My first pokemon I caught (Apart from my starter.) was catarpie. :L Saw a pidgey and when i tapped on it it disappeared and never came back? Same thing happened with 2 other pokemon. I only have my started and catarpie. (If I havent lost it somehow as its not coming up anymore) I also went to the same pokemart twice.

Edit: Restarted the game have my items back now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Bad news everyone, they have delayed international release because of server issues :frown:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/pokemon-go-international-rollout-paused-2016-7
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Bad news everyone, they have delayed international release because of server issues :frown:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/pokemon-go-international-rollout-paused-2016-7

I have been trying all morning. :frown: Ffs…… Will have to do normal weekend stuff now. :frown:
Original post by iEthan
I have been trying all morning. :frown: Ffs…… Will have to do normal weekend stuff now. :frown:

:console:

I updated the OP with some more info :smile: :yy:
Going for a run later - going to take my phone and see how many eggs I can hatch :p:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:console:

I updated the OP with some more info :smile: :yy:

:bawling: ty Puddles

You don't have to jailbreak your iPhone though, I downloaded it by setting up an American Apple ID. You don't even need a credit/debit card if you try to download the app first and then hit create new ID.

It's ok so far. Seems like you need to get up to level 5 to really play the game though.
the spinning pokeball on the top left hand side just means loading/connecting
Original post by DarkMagic
You don't have to jailbreak your iPhone though, I downloaded it by setting up an American Apple ID. You don't even need a credit/debit card if you try to download the app first and then hit create new ID.

It's ok so far. Seems like you need to get up to level 5 to really play the game though.

Yep I've seen people do it different ways, but o haven't tried the alternative ways so far.
I'm waiting for the official app to be released :smile:
Original post by Kholmes1
It worked btw. Another quick question, on my screen when its on the map, theres a shaking pokeball at the top left corner. I pressed it, not sure if it did anything. But when I go to my pokemon and items theres nothing there apart from a camera.

Just got back a few mins ago. (Went out at like 1:30) My first pokemon I caught (Apart from my starter.) was catarpie. :L Saw a pidgey and when i tapped on it it disappeared and never came back? Same thing happened with 2 other pokemon. I only have my started and catarpie. (If I havent lost it somehow as its not coming up anymore) I also went to the same pokemart twice.

Edit: Restarted the game have my items back now.

That pokeball in the top left just means its loading i think. And i havent experienced any of the other problems youve listed. Im level 5 now and ive joined Team Yellow :biggrin: mainly because all the gyms in my area are blue and red. My highest is a 148cp drowzee, i actually havent caught a caterpie yet but i did hatch a weedle

Posted from TSR Mobile
That pokeball in the top left just means its loading i think. And i havent experienced any of the other problems youve listed. Im level 5 now and ive joined Team Yellow :biggrin: mainly because all the gyms in my area are blue and red. My highest is a 148cp drowzee, i actually havent caught a caterpie yet but i did hatch a weedle

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are so many pidgeys in my area - I'm only level 6 but i have a cp400 Pidgeot :p:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I just restarted it and it worked. My internet on my phone sucks. Im joining yellow as well.
Original post by nexttime
There are so many pidgeys in my area - I'm only level 6 but i have a cp400 Pidgeot :p:

For some reason every time i catch a pidgey it freezes :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest