The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SCIENCE :D
It might be but it would go along way to helping us become a European powerhouse once again. Having big names in your team such as: De Gea, Ibra, Schweinsteiger and maybe Pogba creates fear and respect from the opposition, which gives you the edge before the game has even started.

Pogba is not a big name ffs. It's only 5 letters.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Pogba is not a big name ffs. It's only 5 letters.

Reply 1442
Also Herrera is not starting for United either.
The £100m being quoted includes the agent fees

I rememeber when @bammy jastard 27 said Pogba would never go for more than £50m if he ever left Juve lel
Reply 1444
Original post by Dirtybit

I rememeber when @bammy jastard 27 said Pogba would never go for more than £50m if he ever left Juve lel

I said £60M and pretty sure I said this last season and not this season coming.

Plus anyway he's not worth 100M and I forgot the Man United factor in how they constantly overpay for players.

Heard its different, hence why it'll cost like £120million altogether.
Makes sense too. If he does go Juve will take us to the cleaners and Raiola will make sure he gets a big fee.

Also Morata aint worth £60million but Chelsea still bidding that much. Talk about overpay lol. We can easily sell Pogba for profit. Investment m8.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bammy jastard 27
I said £60M and pretty sure I said this last season and not this season coming.

Plus anyway he's not worth 100M and I forgot the Man United factor in how they constantly overpay for players.

It's only one season also let's not act like City didn't spend £50m on Sterling £40m on Mangala list goes on

Original post by Rk2k14
Heard its different, hence why it'll cost like £120million altogether.Makes sense too. If he does go Juve will take us to the cleaners and Raiola will make sure he gets a big fee.Also Morata aint worth £60million but Chelsea still bidding that much. Talk about overpay lol. We can easily sell Pogba for profit. Investment m8.
Morata has same amount of goals in the last 3 seasons as Pogba has (in the last 3 seasons) apparently too
(edited 7 years ago)
Matuidi- Morgan/Carrick- Pogba midfield would be GOAT.
Original post by Rk2k14
Matuidi- Morgan/Carrick- Pogba midfield would be GOAT.

I've also seen the reports saying we want both Pogba and Matuidi, if we want both I guess that means Schneiderlin is off then, especially with Everton being interested.
I've also seen the reports saying we want both Pogba and Matuidi, if we want both I guess that means Schneiderlin is off then, especially with Everton being interested.

He'd keep him I think. Only midfielder who does that job for us and with Carrick + Bastian being OAPs he'll definitely get more game time. Plus, a midfield with Matuidi in will definitely lighten the load.
Original post by Rk2k14
He'd keep him I think. Only midfielder who does that job for us and with Carrick + Bastian being OAPs he'll definitely get more game time. Plus, a midfield with Matuidi in will definitely lighten the load.

That's overkill, Carrick wouldn't extend his contract if he didn't intend to play him much. Assuming Rooney stays, that's the CAM spot taken. So there are 2 spots left that would be for:

Herrera, Carrick, Bastian, Schneiderlin, Fellaini, and hypothetically Pogba and Matuidi
Lol at Pogba in a midfield two, what a waste of his abilities
That's overkill, Carrick wouldn't extend his contract if he didn't intend to play him much. Assuming Rooney stays, that's the CAM spot taken. So there are 2 spots left that would be for:

Herrera, Carrick, Bastian, Schneiderlin, Fellaini, and hypothetically Pogba and Matuidi

He'll eventually go to 433 once Rooney shows how **** he is so it'll be 3 guys. Carrick and Bastian won't both play and Fellaini is out of the picture. If Matuidi comes in then Herrera's definitely out (got a chance of we only get Pogba).

Morgan's left and he's actually better than the majority of them so he should start with Pogba obviously and depending on whether we also get Matudi it'll be either Carrick or Bastian.

Carrick won't be starting every game. On the wrong side of 30 you know.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Lol at Pogba in a midfield two, what a waste of his abilities

Then Rooney needs to leave because Mou won't play him in midfield but only #10 or #9
Yeah, signing Pogba to play him in a 2 man midfield would be like signing Mata to play him on the right.

Can do the job pretty well but you wont get the best out of him and we certainly need Pogba firing.
Wish SAF got rid of Rooney before he left. So many problems would have been dealt with there and then.
(edited 7 years ago)
Then Rooney needs to leave because Mou won't play him in midfield but only #10 or #9

Lol at Rooney leaving
No need for Matuidi with Schneiderlin in the team.

A three man midfield requires 1 destroyer (Schneiderlin), 1 circulator (Carrick, Schweinsteiger) and 1 creator (Rooney, Pogba)

I do not see us signing a creator when we have the likes of Rooney and Mata. Rooney will not be dropped, simple as that. If we sign anybody it will be to replace Carrick/Schwein, hence I think we will go for somebody like Kroos.*

Edit: Still don't know why people are talking about costs:

1) We are ridiculously rich, we could easily drop 200m net this summer.*
2) It's not our money, so why the concern?*
3) Mane at 35m, Sterling at 50m.. 100m is relatively reasonable for one of the brightest young prospects.*

Edit 2: Why are asterisk's on my post? Can you guys see them? @sr90 sort this out, otherwise I'm quitting.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1457
Rooney isn't going to be dropped yet anyway.
I hate Rooney so much, he's got to be the most annoying footballer going right now. I wish Jose just drops him.
Original post by James.Carnell
I hate Rooney so much, he's got to be the most annoying footballer going right now. I wish Jose just drops him.

Yeah, and?

Latest