The Student Room Group

Disability at Uni?

Hi,

So I have several illnesses/disabilities. Going by what has happened over the past two years, I'll likely get more while at uni. I'm a wheelchair user and in serious need of a new wheelchair. I've found one but it's going to cost £1500 second hand. Does anyone know of any charities that could help with that?

Also, what is it like at uni with a disability? I'm worried about the work load and ending up in hospital with my illnesses. Plus the possibility of me having to go back home for a few days for hospital appointments. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you x
Is there a possibility that you can get transferred to a hospital in the city where your uni is?
Original post by hmurg
Hi,

So I have several illnesses/disabilities. Going by what has happened over the past two years, I'll likely get more while at uni. I'm a wheelchair user and in serious need of a new wheelchair. I've found one but it's going to cost £1500 second hand. Does anyone know of any charities that could help with that?

Also, what is it like at uni with a disability? I'm worried about the work load and ending up in hospital with my illnesses. Plus the possibility of me having to go back home for a few days for hospital appointments. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thank you x

not quite but for 4 years (through the my time at uni) I was being prepped for an operation so I had to go to a few hospital appointments . The I I and my mates were very understanding if I had to miss a day or two. You will find that if are upfront people will be accomdation get to your needs if you are really worried there is always the OU or a corspondance course.

Quick Reply

Latest