The Student Room Group

Advice please

So, basically, I am panicking I found out one of my best friends brother is living at home again.
A bit on background about us, basically I lost my virginity to him about 5 years ago, he is 7 years older than me, then he left for uni the next day and haven't seen or spoke to him since. I'm worried that I'm going to see him or speak to him.
I'm normally quite chilled about seeing ex's but have recently broken up with a guy and am worried I'll do something stupid, but was never in a relationship with him and worried about my friends reaction to our awkwardness.
I want some advice on what to say to him if I see him and how to avoid him at parties etc, and how to make it less awkward.
(edited 7 years ago)
So if he went to uni, you were 11 :O, I hope not
Reply 2
Original post by IronicalMan
So if he went to uni, you were 11 :O, I hope not

Sadly yes
If you bump into him, just ask him how he's doing and what he's been up to. Then make an excuse to go the bathroom or something and keep your distance from him by engaging and mingling with other people at the party. Just do your own thing.

So you had sex when you were 11?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nimrahk123
Sadly yes

Not that it's worth anything now but you do realise that means he raped you?

Tbh I would just try to avoid seeing him. Just because you see your best friend doesn't mean you're going to see the brother.
Reply 5
Original post by sameehaiqbal
If you bump into him, just ask him how he's doing and what he's been up to. Then make an excuse to go the bathroom or something and keep your distance from him by engaging and mingling with other people at the party. Just do your own thing.

So you had sex when you were 11?

Yeah, I made mistakes like everyone else. And thanks for the advice :smile:
Yeah, I made mistakes like everyone else. And thanks for the advice :smile:

Okay, I was just confirming to get a better understanding of what happened. I'm not judging you or anything :smile: xx
Reply 7
Original post by BakedPotatoast
Not that it's worth anything now but you do realise that means he raped you?

Tbh I would just try to avoid seeing him. Just because you see your best friend doesn't mean you're going to see the brother.

I realised that a bit too late. And When I try to avoid people I seem to see them all the time.
Dont sweat it he probably has a gf now. Btw he probably be ashamed of what he did and feel awkward talking to you
Reply 9
Original post by bluesunboy
Dont sweat it he probably has a gf now. Btw he probably be ashamed of what he did and feel awkward talking to you

Thanks, I hope so
Sadly yes

WTF, YOU WERE 11, HE RAPED YOU, EVEN IF YOU WANTED IT(WHICH I DOUBT AT 11) IT'S STILL RAPE!.18 year old ****ing an 11 year old, wtf is wrong with him srs. I mean I am attracted to a younger girl, 3 years younger than me but 11 is proper taking the piss, that actually makes him a pedophile, please tell someone?
Reply 11
WTF, YOU WERE 11, HE RAPED YOU, EVEN IF YOU WANTED IT(WHICH I DOUBT AT 11) IT'S STILL RAPE!.18 year old ****ing an 11 year old, wtf is wrong with him srs. I mean I am attracted to a younger girl, 3 years younger than me but 11 is proper taking the piss, that actually makes him a pedophile, please tell someone?

I don't think it matters anymore, I mean we can't change the past and I was like those 11 year olds who tried to act 18, so I do t really think it matters anymore. But it was wrong completely in that situation I think you're right in other situations.
I don't think it matters anymore, I mean we can't change the past and I was like those 11 year olds who tried to act 18, so I do t really think it matters anymore. But it was wrong completely in that situation I think you're right in other situations.

Do your parents know, I think you should tell them, at least your mother. Do you feel raped like scared or anything, or are you okay?
Reply 13
Do your parents know, I think you should tell them, at least your mother. Do you feel raped like scared or anything, or are you okay?

Well, I'm fine now tbh it wasn't like I was scared then or anything. And my parents would kill me if that was the case, as Muslims they'll still think it was partially my fault, as I was probably was not allowed to go to that party anyway. Honestly, I think the past is over, and aren't really concerned about what happened then, but am worried more about the future in seeing him etc .
Well, I'm fine now tbh it wasn't like I was scared then or anything. And my parents would kill me if that was the case, as Muslims they'll still think it was partially my fault, as I was probably was not allowed to go to that party anyway. Honestly, I think the past is over, and aren't really concerned about what happened then, but am worried more about the future in seeing him etc .

**** me yeah don't, coz you're muslim I think that would open up a tin of worms, is he muslim?, surely that's haram for him then.................... Though probably best not to speak to family/anyone in the community, but there are organizations you can speak to if you feel like you're repressing it, not trying to sound patronizing here, I know boys mature quicker than girls but christ, I can't imagine an 11 year old wanting it.
Reply 15
**** me yeah don't, coz you're muslim I think that would open up a tin of worms, is he muslim?, surely that's haram for him then.................... Though probably best not to speak to family/anyone in the community, but there are organizations you can speak to if you feel like you're repressing it, not trying to sound patronizing here, I know boys mature quicker than girls but christ, I can't imagine an 11 year old wanting it.

He wasn't Muslim, and there aren't actually many Muslims in my community so not worried about that, but 11 year old me thought I was so big that I probably wanted it to just disobey my parents, though they'll never know about it.

Quick Reply

Latest