The Student Room Group

BTEC grade results?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
No, she just got my class to sign the declaration sheets when handing in our unit so we could go straight home. I know I got distinctions in all my other units though.

Did you do extended diploma like I did?
Original post by Devify
Did you do extended diploma like I did?

Yeah, I just finished the first year of it
Reply 22
Yeah, I just finished the first year of it

Well you'll know in September I suppose. I don't think you get official results for 1st year. I can't remember me getting them. We just had the teachers sign for each unit with the grades we got for them before we left.

Good news tho, to get D*D*D* you can get an overall pass in one unit and you will still get it as long as you have distinctions in the rest. Considering you said you have distinctions in the rest, I doubt you got a pass. Probably got another distinction.
I took the extended diploma in IT 18units 10credits each
Pass = 70 merit = 80 distinction =90

I did QCF and presume you did too as most Btec's are QCF

Unit 1 communication and employability (distinction) 90
Unit 2 computer hardware (distinction) 90
Unit 3 information systems (merit) 80
Unit 6 software design (distinction) 90
Unit 10 communication systems (distinction) 90
Unit 9 computer networks (distinction) 90
Unit 13 it troubleshooting (distinction) 90
Unit 26 mathematics for IT practionsers (distinction) 90
Unit 28 website design (distinction 90

So total score for 9 units 90credit diploma is 800 which equates to D*D*image.png

So I then have a 90credit diploma at the grade D*D* which is its own qualification.

Then I bank my score of 800 and add this years score which is calculated in the same way

Unit 5 network administration (distinction) 90
Unit 32 network security (distinction) 90
Unit 15 Object oriented programming (distinction) 90
Unit 14 event driven programming [Android] (distinction) 90
Unit 17 project planning with IT (distinction) 90
Unit 18 database design (distinction) 90
Unit 19 computer systems architecture (distinction ) 90
Unit 24 control systems (distinction) 90
Unit 43 multimedia design (distinction ) 90

So I add up my score for this year 810 and add it to last years score of 800 giving me 1610 this equates to D*D*D* as shown in the pic above.

This grade is then converted to ucas points via this table so it work out to be 420 Ucas points.

Attachment not found
From next year (2017) the grade to ucas points changes as they are going to a new system however a full qualification ends up with equivalent points
Original post by Blackstarr
Do you use Turnitin for your coursework?

We handed all course work in as a hard copy (that's paper by the way) as well as moodle
Original post by niteninja1
We handed all course work in as a hard copy (that's paper by the way) as well as moodle

cool.
From next year (2017) the grade to ucas points changes as they are going to a new system however a full qualification ends up with equivalent points

My course is within the old specification, so will that affect me?
My teacher didn't tell my class what grade we got for our last unit so I'm not sure what my overall grade is

Your teacher(s) should have told you by now.

I am pretty sure you did good anyway.

:smile:
Original post by Devify
If your course is solely based on coursework (like most BTEC are) you should know your grades as soon as you finished the course. Mind you, they don't get officially confirmed for a month or two, but they rarely change.

I know I got D*D*D* with not a single mark missed

Hey could i still get D*D*D* overall even though i only got DM for my first year of my BTEC course?
Reply 30
Hey could i still get D*D*D* overall even though i only got DM for my first year of my BTEC course?

I need to know all of your grades but I'm sorry to say but probably not.

To get a DM you need at least like 3-4 passes or a lot of merits.

To get an overall D*D*D* you need all distinctions over the 2 years and can only get around 1pass or 2-3 merits in total. Depending on how many units you're doing and specific unit credit.

So even if you only got distinctions for your second year you would probably either get D*D*D or D*DD. Again, depending on your current marks.
Original post by Devify
I need to know all of your grades but I'm sorry to say but probably not.

To get a DM you need at least like 3-4 passes or a lot of merits.

To get an overall D*D*D* you need all distinctions over the 2 years and can only get around 1pass or 2-3 merits in total. Depending on how many units you're doing and specific unit credit.

So even if you only got distinctions for your second year you would probably either get D*D*D or D*DD. Again, depending on your current marks.

Ok.
My course is within the old specification, so will that affect me?

From2017 all qualification grades change their UCAS points value. Despite when they were taken so if you got an a and thought this was worth 100 UCAS points it may now in the 2017 system only be worth 10 points however a course that wanted 100 UCAS points in 2016 may now only want 10 would now are you want 10 po despite when they were taken so if you got an a and before this was worth 100 UCAS points it may now in the 2017 system only be worth 10 points however a course that wanted 100 UCAS points in 2016 may now only want 10points.

this new system is designed to lower the value of an AS qualification so it is not exactly half of the full A-level qualification .
The
From2017 all qualification grades change their UCAS points value. Despite when they were taken so if you got an a and thought this was worth 100 UCAS points it may now in the 2017 system only be worth 10 points however a course that wanted 100 UCAS points in 2016 may now only want 10 would now are you want 10 po despite when they were taken so if you got an a and before this was worth 100 UCAS points it may now in the 2017 system only be worth 10 points however a course that wanted 100 UCAS points in 2016 may now only want 10points.

this new system is designed to lower the value of an AS qualification so it is not exactly half of the full A-level qualification .

Will this affect BTEC?
The

Will this affect BTEC?

Yes if you have 3 units (certificate) equivalent of half an A-level the change of tariffs is to penalise people who only do half a course.

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/tariff-2017
Yes if you have 3 units (cefrtificate) equivalent of half an A-level the change of tariffs is to penalise people who only do half a course.

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/tariff-2017

I just finished my first year of BTEC and will continue on for the second year.

So, how will that affect me? I am not doing A levels
The website is confusing
Reply 36

The website is confusing

It will still be the same except the numbers are lower.
Basically it only affects people who leave having only finished As levels or first year of BTEC. If you continue to your second year it ends up being the same.

The website is confusing

If you finish with either 6 12 or 18 unit subsidiary full or extended diploma it doesn't effect you at all however if u do 3 or 9 units it will

Under the old system at a pass you got 20 points for 3units (1)

40 for 6 units at pass (2)

60 for 9units a pass pass (3)

80 for 12 units at pass pass (4)

And 120 for 18units at pass pass pass (5)

Under the current system a compscience degree at Greenwich is 320 points

Under 2017 rules

(1) is now worth 8points

(2) is now worth 16points

(3) is now worth 24

(4) is now worth 32

(5) is now worth 48

The course at Greenwich is 120points

Under the old system D*D*D* was worth 420 UCAS points 100points over the grade needed new system D*D*D* is worth 168 points 48 over the grade needed.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you finish with either 6 12 or 18 unit subsidiary full or extended diploma it doesn't effect you at all however if u do 3 or 9 units it will

Under the old system at a pass you got 20 points for 3units (1)

40 for 6 units at pass (2)

60 for 9units a pass pass (3)

80 for 12 units at pass pass (4)

And 120 for 18units at pass pass pass (5)

Under the current system a compscience degree at Greenwich is 320 points

Under 2017 rules

(1) is now worth 8points

(2) is now worth 16points

(3) is now worth 24

(4) is now worth 32

(5) is now worth 48

The course at Greenwich is 120points

Under the old system D*D*D* was worth 420 UCAS points 100points over the grade needed new system D*D*D* is worth 168 points 48 over the grade needed.

I just finished my 90-credit diploma and will be doing the extended diploma.

And yeah, thanks for the reply.
Original post by Devify
It will still be the same except the numbers are lower.
Basically it only affects people who leave having only finished As levels or first year of BTEC. If you continue to your second year it ends up being the same.

Ok, so then am not affected?

i just finished my 90 credit diploma and will do the extended diploma.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending