The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kholmes1
Yeah I just restarted it and it worked. My internet on my phone sucks. Im joining yellow as well.

I went to this park where there's like 3 gyms but there's barely any pokemon there although there seems to be the only place where i can find hitmonlee. the main street in the town centre seems to be where most pokemon are. The battling on it is actually pretty challenging
Original post by eternaforest
I went to this park where there's like 3 gyms but there's barely any pokemon there although there seems to be the only place where i can find hitmonlee. the main street in the town centre seems to be where most pokemon are. The battling on it is actually pretty challenging

Yes that's my finding too - they program pokemon to be in the most busy noisy built up areas rather than nice parks/the nice walking routes around here. Pretty disappointing, though I guess understandable.
Original post by nexttime
Yes that's my finding too - they program pokemon to be in the most busy noisy built up areas rather than nice parks/the nice walking routes around here. Pretty disappointing, though I guess understandable.

After googling it seems to be because the developers Niantic use the same database from their other game Ingress which is a similar game using gps and things called portals instead of pokestops and that game is more based around urban and city areas so hopefully in the future theyll update it and make it so pokemon occur in the wild a lot more
I have no data so can't play in areas other than free wifi :frown:
Does anyone know any cheap data plans?
Original post by asinghj
I have no data so can't play in areas other than free wifi :frown:
Does anyone know any cheap data plans?

I have the 321. So for every megabite of internet its 1p.
I really need a data plan .-.
Reply 106
Anyone excited for Pokemon sun/moon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
After googling it seems to be because the developers Niantic use the same database from their other game Ingress which is a similar game using gps and things called portals instead of pokestops and that game is more based around urban and city areas so hopefully in the future theyll update it and make it so pokemon occur in the wild a lot more

The impact they could have on society if they get this right is pretty substantial. It could take a big chunk out of the obesity epidemic, perhaps?! I guess we'll see.
The impact they could have on society if they get this right is pretty substantial. It could take a big chunk out of the obesity epidemic, perhaps?! I guess we'll see.

It's going to be insane. It's not even officially released yet in UK but i've seen loadssss of people on it. Kinda funny when you clock someone across the road and they clock you back and you both know you're both on pokemon go and laugh :biggrin:
It's going to be insane. It's not even officially released yet in UK but i've seen loadssss of people on it. Kinda funny when you clock someone across the road and they clock you back and you both know you're both on pokemon go and laugh :biggrin:

The battery pack strapped to their back is probably the biggest giveaway.
The battery pack strapped to their back is probably the biggest giveaway.

:rofl: and when they just stop walking to catch a pokemon then start walking again
So glad I have unlimited data, otherwise, I'd have to seriously limit play :smile:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
So glad I have unlimited data, otherwise, I'd have to seriously limit play :smile:

Why? I've played for about 4 hours (which is ****ing loads for a game where you have to walk around) today and it used 30Mb.

Its battery-heavy, not data-heavy.
Reply 113
i gather the grass-normal type is street area and water type near water but where on earth so we find fire type?! Also has anyone else found that at night there pretty much no dark type pokemon?
Reply 114
Original post by S_x_x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh definitely! im gonna get sun as solgaleo seems awesome! Not sure how I feel about it being 3D again as wasnt a fan of how X would randomly trail off but we'll see how it goes!
Why? I've played for about 4 hours (which is ****ing loads for a game where you have to walk around) today and it used 30Mb.

Its battery-heavy, not data-heavy.

But for people on 250MB/500GB/1GB even 30MB is quite a bit. Couple that with other usage and it soon becomes an issue. It really depends on data plans. Now 30MB every few days can chew up data soon.
(edited 7 years ago)
My current collection (best few)
Pigeot 281
Slowbro 219
Pidgeotto 210
Raticate 201
Venonat 179
Jynx 168
Pidgeotto 149
Slowpoke 138
Gastly 107
Bellsprout 103
Zubat 99
Want to power up a few more dark types and get most up to 300 +. This game is so addictive :biggrin:
Original post by S_x_x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am absolutely HYPED for pokemon sun/moon :O

Original post by RGPunt
i gather the grass-normal type is street area and water type near water but where on earth so we find fire type?! Also has anyone else found that at night there pretty much no dark type pokemon?

That's because it's gen 1 pokemon only atm it seems. And there were like, no dark types in gen 1 lol.
Just downloaded this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want it!!! 😩😩😩😩😩

Quick Reply

Latest