The Student Room Group

If you don't get in to Oxbridge, does it mean you are inferior?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lawlieto
Imperial charges £27k for internationals while Oxford charges £22k for internationals for my course. They both charge £9k for UK/EU students. So do internationals students at Imperial get better quality education?
High fees don't necessarily mean high quality...
Stanford charges $14,728 which is much less than Oxford/Imperial for internationals. (hey, so American universities don't charge "far far more" after all???)
Even if you pay 12k a month you still have to finish your degree and you still have to work hard to get a good degree, and still have to build a career. tbf your university is a rip off, no education is worth 12k a month.

diamond school is well worth £12,500 a month out in So-Cal they train people who process millions of pounds per year in some cases
Original post by jamesthehustler
diamond school is well worth £12,500 a month out in So-Cal they train people who process millions of pounds per year in some cases

Thought the month thing was a typo....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lawlieto
Imperial charges £27k for internationals while Oxford charges £22k for internationals for my course. They both charge £9k for UK/EU students. So do internationals students at Imperial get better quality education?
High fees don't necessarily mean high quality...
Stanford charges $14,728 which is much less than Oxford/Imperial for internationals. (hey, so American universities don't charge "far far more" after all???)
Even if you pay 12k a month you still have to finish your degree and you still have to work hard to get a good degree, and still have to build a career. tbf your university is a rip off, no education is worth 12k a month.

Erm, maybe after taking into account financial aid for high earning families. But the true tuition cost (without any deductions) is ~$45,729.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was rejected from Cambridge and personally I don't see myself as inferior to anyone who received an offer nor to anyone who has/currently studies there. I have 10A*s in my GCSEs and 4As at AS, so personally don't see myself as academically inferior, I just don't think I was the right type of student for that university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Kings(the London one, not Zacins one) for Maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

very nice! I thought you had a STEP offer to worry about...
Nah my mum will kill me if I do too badly , so there's a bonus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouch
On the other hand my mum is probs praying that I miss my Cambridge offer so tbh I hope God listens to me more
Original post by Ayman!
very nice! I thought you had a STEP offer to worry about...

Once I miss my A in chemistry the STEP will save me my place, so In a way, I do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul
Ouch
On the other hand my mum is probs praying that I miss my Cambridge offer so tbh I hope God listens to me more

She not like Cambridge or just want you closer to home?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Once I miss my A in chemistry the STEP will save me my place, so In a way, I do

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought they made offers on 3 A-levels though? I'm sure you nabbed A*A* in M and FM.
Ouch

why
Original post by Ayman!
I thought they made offers on 3 A-levels though? I'm sure you nabbed A*A* in M and FM.

M3 went a bit meh so who knows tbh, will probs end up with A*AC/B imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
She not like Cambridge or just want you closer to home?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She wants me to live at home if ygm?
Basically my insurance is Manchester
Original post by ThunderStormzy
why

She's a very um, traditional and conservative Muslim woman

Ouch, my mum basically told me to stay at home and get the train if I'm going Kings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ouch, my mum basically told me to stay at home and get the train if I'm going Kings

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Manchester is basically a bus/tram away so that's convenient for her lol, she can watch me like a hawk. Ffs thinking about this just makes me more desperate to meet my offer :frown:
Thought the month thing was a typo....

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope, the actual price but you do have to work with stones worth £200,000 each in some classes so I guess make it enough to discourage theft by putting that sort of bill upfront
Original post by DJMayes
*triggered*Cambridge requirements are A*A*A + 11 in STEP II and STEP IIIWarwick's easy entry requirements are A*A*A + 2 in STEP 1.Ask anyone who does STEP and they will tell you cambridge's much higher STEP requirements makes it much harder to get into.
Easier*Cambridge is another level of hard. But warwicks requirements are still challenging for many
Yeah Manchester is basically a bus/tram away so that's convenient for her lol, she can watch me like a hawk. Ffs thinking about this just makes me more desperate to meet my offer :frown:

Dw worst comes to worst, it's only another three years :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by newblood
Easier*Cambridge is another level of hard. But warwicks requirements are still challenging for many

Apologies. In my head Warwick have this entry requirement and the other where an A* can be substituted for a STEP grade. This second one is harder, so I had just been mentally viewing them as the "easy" and "hard" ones. I didn't stop and think about how it actually read. :tongue:
Original post by DJMayes
Apologies. In my head Warwick have this entry requirement and the other where an A* can be substituted for a STEP grade. This second one is harder, so I had just been mentally viewing them as the "easy" and "hard" ones. I didn't stop and think about how it actually read. :tongue:

tbh I think A*A*A* is easier than A*A*A + 2 in STEP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending