The Student Room Group

At what age did you stop thinking alcohol taste disgusting!

20ish for me and tbh I only drink beer, spirits are awful cant understand why people drink them, a beer is refreshing so has benefits, people must only drink spirits to get drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Straight spirits are horrible but like a vodka lemon lime is really nice
Beer will always have a foul taste
Alcohol still tastes disgusting
Reply 4
Once you mature, so do you taste buds.

You'll find out, some of you will take longer than others...
Reply 5
Beer was an instant bond since 12, spirits since 16 although I still make a face I can tolerate it and enjoy it and don't feel like gagging like I used to lol, but wine… I'm not sure why I just can't accuire the tastebuds to enjoy red or white wine although white wine I can actually drink if it's with a nice meal and it's a good match but red wine just makes me gag lol
I'm gonna be 21 in a month and it still all tastes like crap!

I have an open mind and try as many different alcoholic beverages as I can tbh in a very laid back setting but damn they just all taste so inferior to soda.

Then again I have a ridiculously massive sweet tooth.
Reply 7
I hate beer
Reply 8
Original post by Blue_Mason
Beer will always have a foul taste

Try light beer like 3-4% you will love it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
it varies for me, its not disgusting, i just dont like the taste of some drinks, the same as food.
for me i hate beer and ale, bcardi etc
alcopops or anything sparklign and easy drinking then i can drink it like a normal drink
i like brandy too :smile:
Original post by TorpidPhil

I have an open mind and try as many different alcoholic beverages as I can tbh in a very laid back setting but damn they just all taste so inferior to soda.

Dude, when I drink soda, it feels like my taste buds have been stung with sparkling stringers that have been compressed in a tin can, it is so overwhelming and unpleasant.
I instantly fell in love with beer at 12, though the beers I enjoy change(d) over the years. From cans of the old stronger stella, I now usually drink belgian beers or other cheap crappy beers when im out.

I dont have the flavour maturity to enjoy whiskey/whisky yet, although i've started to get cravings for coffee/tobacco notes so maybe its time to revisit and explore.
Original post by shawtyb
it varies for me, its not disgusting, i just dont like the taste of some drinks, the same as food.
for me i hate beer and ale, bcardi etc
alcopops or anything sparklign and easy drinking then i can drink it like a normal drink
i like brandy too :smile:

What about red wine?
Original post by AsapRocky
20ish for me and tbh I only drink beer, spirits are awful cant understand why people drink them, a beer is refreshing so has benefits, people must only drink spirits to get drunk

Never drunk Poteen or Everclear, huh? You won't have any tastebuds left after drinking either of them :h:

To imply that all spirits have the same taste is disingenuous; even the same spirits have different tastes if you know what you're looking for (take whiskey, for example. There's whiskey, then there's bourbon, scotch, and some people even differentiate between whiskey and whisky [though I'm relatively sure that whisky is scotch, whereas whiskey is a catch-all term for... well, whiskey]. And all of the above taste different to gin which tastes different to rum which tastes different to vodka).

You say you only drink beer... do you mean lager or ale? Or even stout or bitters?
Again, they've all got different tastes. I used to be all about the lager, but after having been exposed to ale I just can't go back to lager... it tastes cheap and chemically in comparison to ale.
Reply 14
Most of it does. Hate most beers, though many lagers are fairly drinkable despite their foulness. Guinness original is a worthy exception and the draught is alright too. There are a few bitters which are alright if sipped but aren't exactly lovely. Alcopops don't taste disgusting but they are very sugary and too drinkable; I never find myself able to savour them. Wine is eurgh. All spirits are eurgh but then that's to be expected. Some ciders are pretty okay.
Who drinks alcohol for the taste?
Original post by AsapRocky

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 18 and I hate alcohol and always have. I don't drink alcohol but I never really started.
Original post by TorpidPhil

Captain Morgan's Spiced rum + coke :yy:

Or Sailor Jerry's, but they changed the recipe a while back and although it still tastes nice, it's not as vanilla-y as it used to be... or is it more vanilla-y? I can't remember :holmes:
Reply 18
All these beta males saying they dislike beer smh. Bet you all sip wine whilst doing your nails.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Platopus
I'm 18 and I hate alcohol and always have. I don't drink alcohol but I never really started.

Good, as alcohol can be bad for you

Quick Reply

Latest