The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Has anyone successfully transferred from from the open university to brick

I am trying to go on to my second year full time after doing 120 credits with the OU. But i am having trouble because I have done two modules. w102 and w202 both 60 credits., which is stated on my academic record.

The problem is rather than saying what I have studied it just says 'W102: an introduction to law - Pass' Rather than the list of topics covered, which is making it hard for universities to compare the similaires between courses.

Has anyone else had this problem or managed to transfer?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I studied 2 years at Open University, each year/module was 60 credits so now I have 120 credits all together. At the beginning of this year, I applied to uni and got 4 out of my 5 choices. I never had a problem with what you're talking about, all they asked for were things like my results letter and my academic record (if you can't find it, I'll tell you where it should be :smile:). Before you officially choose which unis you want to apply for, you should email them just to make sure they accept credit transfers. Have you actually applied to any unis yet?
I made applications to transfer into the second year through UCAS and it was a giant headache.

For every single one I contacted them prior to applying and went through admissions to the head of the course who asked me or I offered to send my course content to them. I phrased my enquiry as asking to see whether they would consider an application from me, after the first few contacts via email it found it was much better to try and get hold of them on the telephone. When they reviewed the content and said it was fine, I then wrote that into interaction into the first paragraph of my personal statement just so whoever read it would know to look into it a bit more. I wrote something like ' Im grateful that Prof Joe Bloggs stated my course content would be satisfactory to join your course'
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by zRa
I studied 2 years at Open University, each year/module was 60 credits so now I have 120 credits all together. At the beginning of this year, I applied to uni and got 4 out of my 5 choices. I never had a problem with what you're talking about, all they asked for were things like my results letter and my academic record (if you can't find it, I'll tell you where it should be :smile:). Before you officially choose which unis you want to apply for, you should email them just to make sure they accept credit transfers. Have you actually applied to any unis yet?

Yes I have applied for universities. I can't move away so I can only apply for universities within driving distance.

I have send them all my academic summary and official course descriptions to which one uni has replied with:

'Unfortunately what you have provided us isn’t sufficient to map your current course against our own. We do need to see an official transcript from the University that list the Units you have taken (how many credits each unit was) and whether you have passed or failed.'

I don't know what more I can give them.
Reply 5
Original post by jasonf90
Yes I have applied for universities. I can't move away so I can only apply for universities within driving distance.

I have send them all my academic summary and official course descriptions to which one uni has replied with:

'Unfortunately what you have provided us isn’t sufficient to map your current course against our own. We do need to see an official transcript from the University that list the Units you have taken (how many credits each unit was) and whether you have passed or failed.'

I don't know what more I can give them.

I don't understand what they're asking for if you've already sent what you have. The academic summary is the transcript and that also includes the modules you've taken, the credits and whether you've passed or failed, so you've literally already sent what they've asked for. Maybe email your OU tutor and explain the situation, ask if there's any documents that you're missing, that's what I did. Btw, are you looking to start at uni in the second year?
Reply 6
Original post by zRa
I don't understand what they're asking for if you've already sent what you have. The academic summary is the transcript and that also includes the modules you've taken, the credits and whether you've passed or failed, so you've literally already sent what they've asked for. Maybe email your OU tutor and explain the situation, ask if there's any documents that you're missing, that's what I did. Btw, are you looking to start at uni in the second year?

Yes, second year
Reply 7
Original post by jasonf90
Yes, second year

Do you live close to Kent university? They're the only uni that offered me a place in the second year, so if you do, it might be worth checking them out.
Reply 8
How easy it it to move on to MA courses after acquiring a social science degree from OU?
Reply 9
Easy, i'd guess
Reply 10
Also has anyone finished a full time OU course and then moved on to do a masters?

Quick Reply

Latest