The Student Room Group

Going to a music festival by myself

Scroll to see replies

Nice to see that my post might be inspiring you to do the same haha, hope you go and enjoy yourself 👍
I worked at both T in the Park and Leeds festival in 2014 and originally was "by myself" but I quickly made some really good friends with the people around me. The trick is to just say hello and offer a beer (this is always a good trick)
I've also travelled through Australia, New Zealand and Japan solo and made friends on the road, some of whom I have since visited since we've come home. Don't be scared to put yourself out there!
Bought my ticket this week for next Friday and so cannot wait to go, thanks a lot for the help guys. Wouldn't have been this confident of going without you to be honest :smile:
If it is a one day festival then why not? I wouldn't camp overnight on my own, but for the day, would go.
Randomly came across this. I'll be going to wireless this friday for the first time alone - totes unprepared for it though. How do I even put myself out there?
Original post by ayejaybee1
Randomly came across this. I'll be going to wireless this friday for the first time alone - totes unprepared for it though. How do I even put myself out there?

Go with Yongerhamii....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Go with Yongerhamii....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha don't think I'm ready for that. My cousin just ditched me and my love for music to great to stop myself from going. Should be interesting ...
Original post by YoungerHamii2014
Bought my ticket this week for next Friday and so cannot wait to go, thanks a lot for the help guys. Wouldn't have been this confident of going without you to be honest :smile:

How did it go? Considering doing this with Lovebox...
Original post by 99_Problems
How did it go? Considering doing this with Lovebox...

It went really well thanks! Met quite a few cool people at the event and at a pub during my little pre-drinks. Told them straight I was by myself when they asked who I came with and a group even invited me to join them for the evening and were very sociable with me (until I went toilet towards the end and never heard nor saw them strangely). Even so, I left with a few girls with me and I exchanged numbers with one of them :tongue:

The lineup didnt disappoint me as expected, if not exceeded expectations so that was vital for me personally. I actually wish I went today as the lineup for me was even better but I'd take the experience I had 9/10 regardless.

In short, don't care what others would think, if anything it's gonna a real confidence boost for you as a person and you get to enjoy what you want to enjoy. Do go with friends if you've got some who want to go too of course but if it's your first time and you really want to then you shouldn't let anything or anyone stop you. Sorry for the long post hahaha. Hope you decide to go Lovebox 👍
Original post by YoungerHamii2014
It went really well thanks! Met quite a few cool people at the event and at a pub during my little pre-drinks. Told them straight I was by myself when they asked who I came with and a group even invited me to join them for the evening and were very sociable with me (until I went toilet towards the end and never heard nor saw them strangely). Even so, I left with a few girls with me and I exchanged numbers with one of them :tongue:

The lineup didnt disappoint me as expected, if not exceeded expectations so that was vital for me personally. I actually wish I went today as the lineup for me was even better but I'd take the experience I had 9/10 regardless.

In short, don't care what others would think, if anything it's gonna a real confidence boost for you as a person and you get to enjoy what you want to enjoy. Do go with friends if you've got some who want to go too of course but if it's your first time and you really want to then you shouldn't let anything or anyone stop you. Sorry for the long post hahaha. Hope you decide to go Lovebox 👍

Ahh that's awesome you had such a good experience! Just got back from Wireless now! My friends don't want to go Lovebox because it it's so soon after Wireless which is why I'm considering going on my own. It's really close to me too I could probably walk there seems silly to miss out on. **** it like you said I should try not to care what others think and might as well do it if there are any tickets left! Hopefully I'll meet people like you did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending