The Student Room Group

Would you work in a shop?

Like I go into shops and see these really nervous-looking gormless people asking me if i need any help. And some of them are like Alevel students lol

I would never work in a shop.

Would you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by THUG*LYF
Like I go into shops and see these really nervous-looking gormless people asking me if i need any help. And some of them are like Alevel students lol

Would you?

yeah i have done it it's not that bad it actually did wonders for my social skills but then mine were extremely poor before i worked there.
I maybe could work in a shop like Harrods only because their staff are on high wages. Mostly shops pay slave wages so I wouldnt bother.

Would you?

Have you a high opinion of yourself?
Reply 4
Original post by Laomedeia
I maybe could work in a shop like Harrods only because their staff are on high wages. Mostly shops pay slave wages so I wouldnt bother.

What sort of wages are staff at Harrods on?!
Reply 5
Original post by ODES_PDES
Have you a high opinion of yourself?

No not really. I just wouldn't want to work in a shop for crap pay and have to deal with annoying customers. I just don't understand how people can put themselves through that!
yeah, why not?I have holidays for GCSE now, would be a great idea too. Good use of time helping others and good experience. Good way to experience an aspect of the world of work and improve social skills and make money.
No not really. I just wouldn't want to work in a shop for crap pay and have to deal with annoying customers. I just don't understand how people can put themselves through that!

When you have no other qualifications or skills then this is not an option
Yes I desperately need a job and would take anything haha I'm poor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah why not, as long as its a reasonable wage. :h:

Probably at least 30k a year. Cant imagine a business like that pays the min wage. People who work for fancy companies like Ferrari or NASA or Boeing tend not to qualify for income support.
Couldn't do it, I'd get the sack. When people are rude to shop employees they just have to stay professional and keep their lips shut, whereas I just can't tolerate rudeness and there's absolutely no way I could bite my tongue.
Yes If it is Selfridges or Harrods of course
(edited 7 years ago)
Where the fuk am I gonna get a job if I don't at least work in a shop or subway?
I do work in shop. The pay is actually alright although there are annoying customers and demanding bosses, but there are downsides to every job. It's alright while I'm at college/uni but I couldn't make it a career and those who do have my respect because the stress is insane. Don't be so reluctant, it's not that bad if you don't plan on staying for more than a few years.

£24,000 a year at the bottom
the big sellers in the best departments get £250,000 including sales commissions

Spoiler

Its called getting a job, earning money, and getting experience. You should try it.
A lot of students who have jobs work in shops etc.
It isnt as bad as you think.
Reply 17
Original post by Foo.mp3
No, mostly on account of them being bathed in toxic electrosmog (wireless radiation), which may be why those kids seem so on edge, actually :nutcase:

lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Would you?

ayy thats me on the weekends dude.
I currently work in a shop and I love it ; good source of income and good experience and something to do in the summer haha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest