The Student Room Group

National insurance help

I lost my national insurance number and I have a job interview Thursday. I sent a form for it to be sent again yesterday in first class. Do you think it will be here in time? I have a full birth certificate but nothing else to give them.
It probably won't arrive in time. It usually takes a couple of weeks to arrive, unfortunately. If you cant find anything else with it on, then explain this to them and tell them you'll have it in a week or so and are happy to go in and provide it then.
Thank you! I haven't used my number yet so it won't be anywhere! 😩
Original post by Ineedhelplease
Thank you! I haven't used my number yet so it won't be anywhere! 😩

Cant you contact HMRC or somethin and ask them to tell you what it is? An interviewer would still want physical evidence tho.
Don't stress about it too much, let the interviewer know what's happening with it. Suppose you get the job then your employers can sort that out later.

Good luck with the interview. :h:
Thank you! I have the job already you see but it's another interview before I start working and they told me to bring it to them in this one, thank you!!☺️
Original post by Laomedeia
Cant you contact HMRC or somethin and ask them to tell you what it is? An interviewer would still want physical evidence tho.

They said they can't give it to me over the phone 😩
Original post by undercxver
Don't stress about it too much, let the interviewer know what's happening with it. Suppose you get the job then your employers can sort that out later.

Good luck with the interview. :h:

Thank you! I havethe job already you see but it's another interview before I start working and they told me to bring it to them in this one. Thank you!☺️
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ineedhelplease
Thank you! I havethe job already you see but it's another interview before I start working and they told me to bring it to them in this one. Thank you!☺️

Ah right. I think the same applies, it shouldn't be such a big deal if you give your National Insurance number a little later than you should. Let them know the situation and I'm sure they'll be understanding of it, then maybe call them the day you recieve your National Insurance number.

Don't stress about it too much, it will be just fine! :h:
Original post by undercxver
Ah right. I think the same applies, it shouldn't be such a big deal if you give your National Insurance number a little later than you should. Let them know the situation and I'm sure they'll be understanding of it, then maybe call them the day you recieve your National Insurance number.

Don't stress about it too much, it will be just fine! :h:

Thank you a lot!😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending