The Student Room Group

How to get a girlfriend?

I want a girlfriend, never be in relationship before.
I finished my GCSEs so how would I get a girlfriend?
Reply 1
Original post by lukey0071

Download Pokemon Go and use your pokeball to catch a wild blonde.
Supermarket
Reply 3
Do your A levels, the government gives them out for free if you get three A*
I'll sell you one
Lol , just go out more and try and meet people ,im sure you will find someone very quickly ... :smile:
And DW :wink::wink:
Reply 6
LinkedIn

Approach girls you like walking down the street, you can start off by asking for directions or ask where a certain supermarket is or post office or ask for the time then you go in for the kill and ask her out on a date
Or if you see any girls alone in the cinema before they go in the room,
In a park, when you go swimming, in the library, voluntary work, kentucky fried chicken shop, mcdonalds ( lol ) etc. Or join a band. You can meet a potential girlfriend almost anywhere. Try it and see what hapoens even if some say no there might be that one girl that says yes but you have to be prepared for rejection and just give them your number, if they said no they might change their mind later and ring you up as sometimes i have said no but regretted not taking their number as i changed my mind later on or the next day

I used to see so many people male and female going alone in the cinema. One time as i was leaving the cinema outside the door as i left a bloke asked me out. I went on one date but did not want to see him again because although he was good looking i realised i did not fancy him.
And men are always approaching me on the street and so desperate to say hello to me, it pisses me off because their not my type. If a man i fancy asked me out while walking down the street i would be really happy but i don't like the look of most of the men that do. Sometimes it gets on my nerves so i just ignore them when they say hello
Men have a bad habit of asking me out in the job centre. Why would i want to date an unemployed man in a job centre for ?
Most of these men are real thirsty dudes so it really puts me off, i don't even consider myself to be good looking so it confuses me even more why they keep bothering me. I should really be flattered but i don't get it. I see more attractive women than myself and don't understsnd why they don't approach them but i think men assume that really attractive girls/women will blank them or say no so they approach women who they think are easy, shy or look lonely or gullible but if that's why they approach me then they are wrong because i still say no

The bloke that asked me out after i left the cinema said he approached me because i looked lonely so i could not stop thinking about what he said and that did not impress me because men obviously think women who look lonely are desperate and will jump into bed with them. Don't ever tell a woman you asked her out because she looked lonely, that's kind of like an insult and the reason i don't trust most men that do ask me out. You ask girls out because you like the look of them not because you thought you could take advantage of them
I especially hate men who say sexy as i walk past, it disgusts me. Why Don't mother's teach their sons how to talk to girls/women properly? I don't know why men think it's ok to say that to any women. It makes me feel sick and puts me right off them so don't ever say that to a woman unless it's your girlfriend

But you don't have to meet girls the normal way like in a club or bar or even the supermarket it can just be walking down the street as a lot of people have met their partners just walking down the street. Years ago one of my my ex friends met her fiance walking down the street and he was driving and stopped his car to ask her out.
You can break the ice by just offering her a compliment like saying she has a lovely smile, lovely eyes, hair,
Lovely hair extensions (no, i'm joking ) but any of those are bettter than saying sexy or hello sexy, i hate that
Be confident. Be successful, intelligent, polite, benevolent and fit.

And in a couple of years time just use online dating. If you're all of those things and even perhaps a tiny bit wealthy, you'll get girls in no time.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Be confident. Be successful, intelligent, polite, benevolent and fit.

And in a couple of years time just use online dating. If you're all of those things and even perhaps a tiny bit wealthy, you'll get girls in no time.

OP, take it from me this is totally correct my only additions would be presentable and clean
even if you just buy a couple of cheap jewellery pieces so you can talk to girls with jewellery
maybe a couple of gold rings and a silver necklace/bracelet set that's what I had and it worked along with my tag Heuer so that whole pack you can do one eBay or from a pawn shop for about £300
Are you good looking? if not then gg
Reply 11
Do the A-Level in getting a girlfriend, only way brah.

1) Find girls you like
2) Talk to them in person preferably
3) Get to know them better
4) Actually do this and don't theorise and complain on TSR after
5) Ask the one you like most out
6) Likelihood is rejection or friendzoned
7) Pass it off and repeat
8) Develop repertoire of chat up lines and be more confident
9) Be with girl of dreams
10) Cherish and stay with until you get screwed over or you screw her over or you live happily ever after
11) Wake up and make sure it wasn't a dream
Work on your education and ambition in life, this must come first and this is very important.

You are very young, yes I know we all want a girlfriend, someone to hug, however, you are still very young my friend, you will find someone along the way, as long as you take your chances and keep improving.

Work on yourself, go to the gym, wear good clothes, be charming, have hobbies, be confident, stand with good posture and be confident in yourself, take risks, know you treat people well, think positively, be optimistic, go to the gym, have friends, focus on your own life.

I wish you all the best in life!
Im in the same boat and I don't know what to do. I can't make a topic because Im quite new to TSR and this is the most relevant. Dunno WTF to do anymore... second year of uni and 21 (Did some retake years) is this why I can't get any girls let alone a GF? I swear to god I freakin hate my life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending