The Student Room Group

Organised marches for dead Dallas police officers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crassy
Yeah, because you know what it's like to be a police officer in America :rolleyes:. Blacks commit a lot more crime than white people per capita and especially violent crime, how are police "unfairly targeting black people"? exactly?

Statistics please?
They kill a lot less police than blacks per head though. And that's what matters when it comes to police shooting don't you think?
Original post by TorpidPhil
They kill a lot less police than blacks per head though. And that's what matters when it comes to police shooting don't you think?

All lives matter equally. I see no reason why a dead cop should be considered more important than a dead black man

Statistics on that aswell?
I admit I didn't forget. I just couldn't be bothered. There was some I agreed with some not, and I still have a tab with it there open right now lol. I'm sorry I really suck at these things! I've many online essays due you see and lose motivation fast. I apologise to you for wasting your time pretty much in posting all that. Honestly, kudos to you for going to that effort.

Sorry :frown:
WHHAAATTT?

Cops don't intend to kill innocent ****ing black men the VAST majority of the time. No-more than black men target out cops and try and kill them for being cops or being their ethnicity.

Jesus...

My point is that they get shook around blacks for a reason.

Also, there's a difference between a black in a nice suburban area and a black that a cop is dealing with in his ghetto area in his ghetto drag.
WHHAAATTT?

Cops don't intend to kill innocent ****ing black men the VAST majority of the time. No-more than black men target out cops and try and kill them for being cops or being their ethnicity.

Jesus...

Also, there's a difference between a black in a nice suburban area and a black that a cop is dealing with in his ghetto area in his ghetto drag.

I edited the post to ask for statistics lol sorry
Original post by NickLCFC

These statistics are concerning, I'm not going to doubt, but institutionalised racism is still a massive problem in the USA and there will be other factors at play here aside from skin colour, poverty, for instance. The prevalence of gun culture doesn't help either
Girl, how about you research the amount of blacks shot at by cops in different areas based on gdp per capita, standardised based on population of blacks and then see how many police get shot at by blacks in those areas.

I bet the proportion of blacks that are shot at by po-pos is smaller in the wealthier areas because the pops are far less shook when dealing with ordinary ass ****** there. Panic-shooting occurs when they are dealing with more 'ghetto' blacks that are statistically more likely to attack them...

It really is not systemic racism.

It's **** training. And that's why the police kill just as many whites as blacks relative to the amount of crime committed by each ethnicity...
(edited 7 years ago)
WHHAAATTT?

Jesus...

Also, I call bs, did you see that black homeless guy that got shot by like 5 cops after they had restrained him? A restrained homeless guy ffs and they still put 5 bullets in him

It's not always for a reason, Phil, if you have spoken to black people from the USA you would know that shop owners follow black people around shops for no reason thinking they're going to steal things and as I said to you on the other thread black people are three times more likely to get stopped by cops
Reply 30
http://www.colorofcrime.com/2016/03/the-color-of-crime-2016-revised-edition/
The primary sources are listed

It should be obvious to anyone who isn't totally deluded anyway. Yeah all those white kids in the suburbs doing drive bys and killing each other over shoes...lol. All those white street gangs and and drug dealers in those white ghettos :rolleyes:

Only someone totally sheltered and delusional would deny it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Girl, how about you research the amount of blacks shot at by cops in different areas based on gdp per capita, standardised based on population of blacks and then see how many police get shot at by blacks in those areas.

I bet the proportion of blacks that are shot at by po-pos is smaller in the wealthier areas because the pops are far less shook when dealing with ordinary ass ****** there. Panic-shooting occurs when they are dealing with more 'ghetto' blacks that are statistically more likely to attack them...

It really is not systemic racism.

It's **** training. And that's why the police kill just as many whites as blacks relative to the amount of crime committed by each ethnicity...

If you're going to make a claim the onus is on you to provide statistics to back it up. Where are your statistics?

So Castile was threatening the officer by reaching for his ID, was he? Gimme a break
Agreed. Crime rate is also disproportionately high for black people in the UK as well:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4030983
I haven't researched it and I don't want to right now. Perhaps in 4months. I'm giving you an opportunity to outright prove my theory wrong here if you can be assed and I'll concede there's a strong racial element involved.

The Castile incident involved an officer that was clearly terrible at the job. The officer was *****ing bricks before and after shooting the man. The officer needed better training or just frankly to not have been given a gun; the job was not for him. The officer that shot him was Asian!!!!! Not even white. That instance was not racism. Stop getting emotive based on anecdotal videos and using that to justify your own prejudice against the US police force. If you can be persuaded by such nonsense you can very well imagine your average uneducated black person in the US could too. Hence why BLM is becoming a bit of an issue... And listening to your "black friends" in the US won't always portray an accurate picture.

And again, I'm not saying that blacks are living the high life out there. They sure ain't. But what I am saying is that their *****y lives are not *****y because of a significant prejudice the police have against them.
Original post by NickLCFC
Agreed. Crime rate is also disproportionately high for black people in the UK as well:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4030983

Not as much though and they are poorer than the average brit, but not as poor as compared to the average black US vs average US person.

Notably they have less of a "us against the world" culture though here. I do not think that's a coincidence.
Original post by Crassy

It should be obvious to anyone who isn't totally deluded anyway. Yeah all those white kids in the suburbs doing drive bys and killing each other over shoes...lol. All those white street gangs and and drug dealers in those white ghettos :rolleyes:

White ghettos are something else , crazy af
I haven't researched it and I don't want to right now. Perhaps in 4months. I'm giving you an opportunity to outright prove my theory wrong here if you can be assed and I'll concede there's a strong racial element involved.

The Castile incident involved an officer that was clearly terrible at the job. The officer was *****ing bricks before and after shooting the man. The officer needed better training or just frankly to not have been given a gun; the job was not for him. The officer that shot him was Asian!!!!! Not even white. That instance was not racism. Stop getting emotive based on anecdotal videos and using that to justify your own prejudice against the US police force. If you can be persuaded by such nonsense you can very well imagine your average uneducated black person in the US could too. Hence why BLM is becoming a bit of an issue... And listening to your "black friends" in the US won't always portray an accurate picture.

And again, I'm not saying that blacks are living the high life out there. They sure ain't. But what I am saying is that their *****y lives are not *****y because of a significant prejudice the police have against them.

Again, if you're going to make a claim at least back it up. That's how debates work. Are you going to provide actual evidence of your own or just make more excuses?

So just because the officer was asian and not white it automatically means he wasn't racist?
Girl please. You are making the accusation that he was racist, based on what? That he shot a man that said he was licensed to carry a gun? That doesn't make him racist in and of itself.

Go watch the video again and listen to the officer's voice. Man was shook the **** up. Real shook. I think he would have done EXACTLY the same if it was a white, or hispanic, or east asian or w/e that said "I'm licensed for conceal and carry".

What evidence do you have to make it believable that he wouldn't?

Oh none. Just that you have this theory that most of the pops in the US hate blacks.

Also, them getting stopped more is probably due to them being poorer and thus living and moving through crime hotspots more often, as well, of course as generally committing more crime.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Crassy

Murder statistics by race, 2013:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

409 black murderers compared to 2,509 white murderers.

Accounting for demographics black men are 3.5 times as likely to be killed by police officers

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/the-real-story-of-race-and-police-killings/?_r=0

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like your source only deals with New York, not the USA as a whole
Girl please. You are making the accusation that he was racist, based on what? That he shot a man that said he was licensed to carry a gun? That doesn't make him racist in and of itself.

Go watch the video again and listen to the officer's voice. Man was shook the **** up. Real shook. I think he would have done EXACTLY the same if it was a white, or hispanic, or east asian or w/e that said "I'm licensed for conceal and carry".

What evidence do you have to make it believable that he wouldn't?

Oh none. Just that you have this theory that most of the pops in the US hate blacks.

Also, them getting stopped more is probably due to them being poorer and thus living and moving through crime hotspots more often, as well, of course as generally committing more crime.

It isn't just theory, demographic accounting for aside black men are still 3.5 times as likely to be killed by a cop than a white guy

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/the-real-story-of-race-and-police-killings/?_r=0

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending