The Student Room Group

Organised marches for dead Dallas police officers?

Scroll to see replies

Oh my goodness. They shoot at cops more than 3.5times more than whites though. Check your stats guurrrllll.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Oh my goodness. They shoot at cops more than 3.5times more than whites though. Check your stats guurrrllll.

Hmmm....

We shall continue this debate another time when I'm less cranky.
You still can't deny institutionalised racism is a big problem in the USA though, even you agree with that don't you?
Oh please. Comeon, you know I'm not that bad.

Even me xD

Of course I do. I study a lot of sociology you know?

Anyway, have a good night.
Original post by NickLCFC
Agreed. Crime rate is also disproportionately high for black people in the UK as well:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4030983

That's very interesting, I'll have to look into a lot more, I admit
Reply 44
You're reading the chart totally wrong, you're only looking at the number of white people killed by both races. All that shows is that the majority of white people that are murdered are murdered by other white people. Look at the second row - 2245 black people were killed by black people.

So, looking at your data, we have 2755 murders done by white people, and 2698 done by black people. Massively disproportionate.

That isn't true. You're reading the data wrong. Look at the 'Race of Offender' Column and add up the total victims of each race. You get the following:

Black murderers: 2698
White murderers: 2755

When you consider actual police interaction (crime rate is a good indicator of this), '3.5 times more likely' seems like a reasonable figure.

Take the number of murderers I just posted. Consider that black people make up ~13% of the total population and white people make up ~62%. If you adjust both figures so they make up 100% of the population, you get the following:

Black murderers (if they were 100% of the population): 20,754
White murderers (if they were 100% of the population): 4400

So a black person is ~4.7 times more likely to commit a murder in America. If you use that as an example, there are obviously going to be more black murderers (and potential black murderers) shot by the police. Do you see where I'm coming from?

I'd say that the '3.5x times more likely' figure is justified.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
Also. Your chart is confused because they include hispanics as white,and then break it down on "ethnicity", 532 of those "white" murderers are hispanic - and it says below that these details are incomplete because not all police departments record ethnicity.

So, its more like (-)2223 murders for whites vs 2698 for blacks
Original post by Crassy
You're reading the chart totally wrong, you're only looking at the number of white people killed by both races. All that shows is that the majority of white people that are murdered are murdered by other white people. Look at the second row - 2245 black people were killed by black people.

So, looking at your data, we have 2755 murders done by white people, and 2698 done by black people. Massively disproportionate.

Disproportionate, yes, but still less than white people. People are individuals and should be treated as such, also, your assumption that white people don't kill each other shoes or whatever is still wrong because 65.2% of arrests of under 18's in 2012 were of white juveniles and 55.2% of all arrests for aggravated assault were also white juveniles. All I hear is people going on about black people stealing but they forget that white people make up 73% of sex offenders in the under 18's category and 72.7% in the over 18 category. White people also commit 64.1% of rape in the under 18's and 65.2% of rapes in the over 18 category. Worse than robbery, hmm?
Reply 48
Yeah. And black people are killed less than white people, so where is this idea that are "unfairly targeted" coming from? If anything there should be more black people killed then there are and it's whites that are disproportionately targeted.

Also, please provide a source for your statistics, either way white people are still underrepresented. I bet most of them include hispanics as white too.
Reading this thread....oh man. :facepalm:
Original post by Crassy
Yeah. And black people are killed less than white people, so where is this idea that are "unfairly targeted" coming from? If anything there should be more black people killed then there are and it's whites that are disproportionately targeted.

Also, please provide a source for your statistics, either way white people are still underrepresented. I bet most of them include hispanics as white too.

Whites are 'disproportionately' targeted because they commit more violent crime, this should not come as a surprise.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

I know its from 2012 but it's still relevant
That isn't true. You're reading the data wrong. Look at the 'Race of Offender' Column and add up the total victims of each race. You get the following:

When you consider actual police interaction (crime rate is a good indicator of this), '3.5 times more likely' seems like a reasonable figure.

Take the number of murderers I just posted. Consider that black people make up ~13% of the total population and white people make up ~62%. If you adjust both figures so they make up 100% of the population, you get the following:

So a black person is ~4.7 times more likely to commit a murder in America. If you use that as an example, there are obviously going to be more black murderers (and potential black murderers) shot by the police. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Okay, fair enough, I concede that I am wrong. It's late and I'm tired
Reply 52
I have. It wasn't a particularly nice watch.

Btw the cop in the video is Asian.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
According to your chart 28% of is committed by black people, the black population in the usa is 13%. Also, there is no category for hispanics which means they would have been included as white (as the USA also includes Arabs and other ethnicities as white too).

Blacks killed twice as many cops last year* compared to whites, yet twice as many whites were killed by cops then blacks. So how are blacks being unfairly targeted?

*http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

EDIT: also your chart is just for crime in general not violent crime.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
Its rather ironic in a way; shooting the officers will do nothing but harm that cause and make other ploddies more likely to shoot first.
Those who do not care are just as bad as those crooked pigs
Original post by Crassy
According to your chart 28% of is committed by black people, the black population in the usa is 13%. Also, there is no category for hispanics which means they would have been included as white (as the USA also includes Arabs and other ethnicities as white too).

Blacks killed twice as many cops last year* compared to whites, yet twice as many whites were killed by cops then blacks. So how are blacks being unfairly targeted?

*http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-statistics-you-need-know-about-cops-killing-aaron-bandler

Considering the black population in the USA is only 13% as people keep telling me then why are blacks killed half the time? If that made sense then the black to white population ratio would be 50%, right? I don't buy even it even if you take into account crime is committed disproportionately by black people, but anyway, it's kinda late and I'm tired now.

Maybe I will resume this conversation at a later date, it's been nice talking to you
Reply 57
Because they commit more crime and are thus more likely to negative experiences with the police. How can you not put this together yourself? It's basic common sense.

Also they aren't killed half the time, half as many of them are killed as white. The only reason you think that blacks are being killed all over america all the time is because that's the picture the media paints. Just a few days ago an unarmed white kid called Dylan Noble was killed by police.
I'd say something, but there's no point having an intelligent discussion with liberals because it never ends well, or you just reach an impasse with one another.

Yes the Dallas police shooting was a race hate crime against white people, the gun man even said it.

Yes the people marching in the BLM rallies in London have an anti white agenda.

And what we have seen in the news recently, show us that multiculturalism just simply doesn't work. Why do you think America is splitting at the seams, because it is a multiethnic melting pot. And before some misguided individual tries to flag up this comment just know this - It isn't racist to have an opinion, that one of our basic rights of freedom of speech.

How did you do that, what was your multiplier or formula?

I agree that Black people are disproportionately more violent than white people in America abut how did you do that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending