The Student Room Group

Job interview at Costa...help!?

So I have a job interview at Costa tomorrow and I was just wondering what to expect/ what kind of things they'll ask me. I do have a job at the minute so I know to wear mainly black, smart clothes and I have some experience to add to my answers but is it going to leave a bad impression if I ask about the pay salary if they don't mention it just to be able to compare it to my current job? I don't want to accept the job if the pay rate isn't as good because it wouldn't be worth leaving?
Please help, thanks!!
Original post by theatre geek_v
So I have a job interview at Costa tomorrow and I was just wondering what to expect/ what kind of things they'll ask me. I do have a job at the minute so I know to wear mainly black, smart clothes and I have some experience to add to my answers but is it going to leave a bad impression if I ask about the pay salary if they don't mention it just to be able to compare it to my current job? I don't want to accept the job if the pay rate isn't as good because it wouldn't be worth leaving?
Please help, thanks!!

I am an interview the other day and these were some the questions the interviewer asked me...

Tell me about yourself
What do you do in your free time?
What skills do you have that set you apart from others?
What is your biggest weakness?
You will be expected to meet the needs of the customers quickly and efficiently. Will be able to cope in a pressured environement?
Do you have any questions for me? (Never say no for this question and don't ask about the pay salary. Get the offer first and then ask that question. You can still reject the job even after a successful interview)

They might also put you in an awkward position (ie say something like 'you're our worst applicant so far' just to see how you will react)

In the interview, keep eye contact, smile, take notes and most importantly of all, be yourself.

Don't let the stress get to you and treat the questions as though they are simply being asked by a friend but make sure you keep the answers formal.

You'll do great. :h:
Original post by Quamquam123
I am an interview the other day and these were some the questions the interviewer asked me...

Tell me about yourself
What do you do in your free time?
What skills do you have that set you apart from others?
What is your biggest weakness?
You will be expected to meet the needs of the customers quickly and efficiently. Will be able to cope in a pressured environement?
Do you have any questions for me? (Never say no for this question and don't ask about the pay salary. Get the offer first and then ask that question. You can still reject the job even after a successful interview)

They might also put you in an awkward position (ie say something like 'you're our worst applicant so far' just to see how you will react)

In the interview, keep eye contact, smile, take notes and most importantly of all, be yourself.

Don't let the stress get to you and treat the questions as though they are simply being asked by a friend but make sure you keep the answers formal.

You'll do great. :h:

thanks so much! i've done a little research and prepared a couple of answers so hopefully it'll go well! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending