The Student Room Group

I think it's time I should let go of him... I need to move on, but I need help!

I'll make try to summarise the main points, as much as possible to save time.

We added each other a couple of days before leaving College, and got close real fast. We ended up texting for about 2-3 hours in our first conversations, and when I was about to end it, he said tbh I don't want to end the convro...

Then at College we'd talk as if we've known each other for years, our personality was pretty similar so we got along well. We could open up to each other, and he'd bring up something from our past text convro, and tease me... e.g. "Thought you want to become wiser"....

Then all of a sudden, he stopped replying to my messages, then replied after 5 days saying Oh i apoligise deeply... had to do the dishwasher..". Then I unfollowed him he did the same then he followed me bk and i did the same...

We has a convro whether there's any point staying in touch cuz we doubt we'll see each other again, he said he agreed it's best not to stay in contact... then I dunno he continuesd to blank my messages... I told him to block me to avoid me being tempted to message him, and he eventually did...

I dunno I think he never cared about me, even tho when I asked he said I do care as a friend.

Now I don't know whether to move on... or what?? Last bit to add he did message me saying once / twcie "I'm busy atm, can you please stop texting"

Scroll to see replies

yep it's "move on time".
Reply 2
Let him go, I am a boy myself and I would do almost anything to talk to and spend time with a girl that I like if he is been difficult it means that he dont care.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
yep it's "move on time".

Which is a shame cuz we had so much in common as mates . Any advice how to move on?

Original post by k man
Let him go, I am a boy myself and I would do almost anything to talk to and spend time with a girl that I like if he is been difficult it means that he dont care.

That's what I thought so. Action speaks louder than words. I know he's got a gf, but if he cared as a mate he wouldn't behave like that. So how can I move on?
Original post by Anonymous
Which is a shame cuz we had so much in common as mates . Any advice how to move on?

That's what I thought so. Action speaks louder than words. I know he's got a gf, but if he cared as a mate he wouldn't behave like that. So how can I move on?

find new friends :smile: join clubs you're interested in, for example. If you go to the gym why not attend a few group workouts?
Reply 5

You can move on with time, I have a ex she tell me one thing and do the other but now I dont take her serious no more because I have healed you will heal with time
Reply 6
find new friends :smile: join clubs you're interested in, for example. If you go to the gym why not attend a few group workouts?

Well, its the hols... I am just chilling, considering volunteering. The main problem I have is I have a feeling I'll end up texting him.

Original post by k man
You can move on with time, I have a ex she tell me one thing and do the other but now I dont take her serious no more because I have healed you will heal with time

Yeah I knr :smile:
Reply 7
Well, its the hols... I am just chilling, considering volunteering. The main problem I have is I have a feeling I'll end up texting him.

Yeah I knr :smile:

Yep :smile: goodluck
Reply 8
Original post by k man
Yep :smile: goodluck

What type of friendsa should u keep?
And what type of friends should U let go?

the "friends" to let go of are those that you no longer can trust, like the one you mentioned. Friends come and go unfortunately, but if you have good social skills you'll have no problem replacing friends :smile:
the "friends" to let go of are those that you no longer can trust, like the one you mentioned. Friends come and go unfortunately, but if you have good social skills you'll have no problem replacing friends :smile:

Yeah I've got excellent social skills, when I feel like we've got something in common :smile:
Reply 11

Keep people who motivate you to be better, who has your back and dont talk behind your back friends who you 100% percent know dont secretly hate you for your success.

Stay away from so called friends who talk behind your back , people who rejoice when something goes wrong for you and people who only talk to you when they needs something as well as people who love to jump on bandwagon the bandwagonist friend who believe what other people say about you these are fakes friends and they will f wor lol you over the first chance they get to.
Original post by k man
Keep people who motivate you to be better, who has your back and dont talk behind your back friends who you 100% percent know dont secretly hate you for your success.

Stay away from so called friends who talk behind your back , people who rejoice when something goes wrong for you and people who only talk to you when they needs something as well as people who love to jump on bandwagon the bandwagonist friend who believe what other people say about you these are fakes friends and they will f wor lol you over the first chance they get to.

Wow! I just realised none of my friends motivate to do better, apart from one who gives me really good relationship advice, and generally prays for me and looks like she cares. The rest just don't seem to care.

You can't tell who talks behind your back, how can u tell if they only talk if they need something?
Reply 13
You will know because when someone who does not like you talk bad about you then the so-called friend will not say anything they will probably laugh and all that.
Original post by k man
You will know because when someone who does not like you talk bad about you then the so-called friend will not say anything they will probably laugh and all that.

Right. Well I've blocked him.. it's for the best. I'd have preferred it if we kept in touch
Reply 15
Yeah just do what make you happy you will be alright
Original post by k man
Yeah just do what make you happy you will be alright

Keeping in touch made me happy, but also stressed me out cuz he didn't care. Sometimes u have to let go
Reply 17
What is this pile of tripe I just read? How old are you?
Original post by Kre
What is this pile of tripe I just read? How old are you?

17 you taught me a new word lol
Boob

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending