The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Yeah, and?

Noncey noncey.
Don't think anyone likes or rates Rooney anymore. Except for the 'die-hard' fans who can't see past their tinted glasses.
Original post by Rk2k14
Don't think anyone likes or rates Rooney anymore. Except for the 'die-hard' fans who can't see past their tinted glasses.

Don't speak of me in that manner

Rooney should be starting 80% of games next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rooney was good enough to play most games last year, by the looks of the squad this year he won't be.
Reply 1464
Na Rooney was past it already and Mata should have played instead of Rooney at 10 while using Martial up top(until Rashford came in the side).

Matter of fact is that Rooney isn't good enough up top on his own and not as good at AM as Mata.
If Rooney were to leave or get dropped, who would y'all ****** back as captain?

I think the contenders would be De Gea or Smalling from which I'd choose Dave.
Reply 1466
Original post by Kutta
If Rooney were to leave or get dropped, who would y'all ****** back as captain?

I think the contenders would be De Gea or Smalling from which I'd choose Dave.

Rooney because he ain't leaving or getting dropped
Rooney isn't leaving.

However, if he underperforms, I believe Jose will drop him.

LVG was an idiot for saying the captain gets privilege when it comes to starting games.

I think Zlatan should be captain personally, doesn't need to be someone who has been there a long time, just someone who commands respect and leads by example. A captain isn't just someone who just shouts and claps their hands when something goes wrong.
Reply 1468
Jose will keep Rooney as captain unless Rooney goes to China but I don't see that happening.
(edited 7 years ago)
So Sky reckon that Real have backed out of the battle to sign Pogba.

Not often we manage to trump Real on a transfer. Normally it's them ****ing us over.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Don't speak of me in that manner

Rooney should be starting 80% of games next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Rooney was good enough to play most games last year, by the looks of the squad this year he won't be.

If he is poor he should be playing. Give other teams a chance and help all the glory seekers/tourists come to terms with disappointment.
Mourinho generally likes his sides to be strong on the counter - Rooney behind Ibra doesn't look particularly promising from that point of view. Rooney will really need to move the ball more quickly or Martial and Mkhitayran could go to waste.

Big presence up top with Martial, Mkhitayran and Herrera/new CM breaking forward would offer so much potential for FA Cup semi final style winners.
Original post by _Morsey_
So Sky reckon that Real have backed out of the battle to sign Pogba.

Not often we manage to trump Real on a transfer. Normally it's them ****ing us over.

Lol Real are fkn pussy's, can't keep up with our baller life$tyle

I think it's clear who the biggest club in the world is.
We should employ Park Ji Sung to broker a deal for Rooney to go to China. Get dat 60m, give Park his 10m cut and perhaps a statue next to SAF, profit 50m. Business.

Spoiler

Original post by Manchester United
Lol Real are fkn pussy's, can't keep up with our baller life$tyle

I think it's clear who the biggest club in the world is.

Maybe the one that won 2 champions league in the last 3 years hehe
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Rooney because he ain't leaving or getting dropped

He isn't leaving I agree, he isn't getting dropped I disagree :u:

He's not a good enough number 10 in my view as he doesn't have the prowess to unlock a defence...

Remember Jose dropped Iker Casilas and nobody in our team is a bigger legend than he was at Madrid
Original post by swirly
Maybe the one that won 2 champions league in the last 3 years hehe

We won the FA cup though.
Original post by zKlown
I think Zlatan should be captain personally, doesn't need to be someone who has been there a long time, just someone who commands respect and leads by example. A captain isn't just someone who just shouts and claps their hands when something goes wrong.
No you need to have some credibility, Zlatan has no history with the team on a professional or personal level. Is he going to know how to speak to smooth of over dressing room disputes, or when someone has not got their head in the right place. What happens if no one in the team actually likes him? Would put him way down the list as an option.

I don't think its worth speculating on Rooney. You are not going to know Jose's true motives at this stage. He's going to bed himself in before enacting a power play with someone like Rooney anyway. The problem with dropping Rooney is no one has a solid case to displace him. We'll have to wait and see either for how we play or signings.
Reply 1478
Original post by Louis.
Mourinho generally likes his sides to be strong on the counter - Rooney behind Ibra doesn't look particularly promising from that point of view. Rooney will really need to move the ball more quickly or Martial and Mkhitayran could go to waste.

Big presence up top with Martial, Mkhitayran and Herrera/new CM breaking forward would offer so much potential for FA Cup semi final style winners.

That's true but then Mourinho used Fabregas in front of Mikel and Matic on a regular basis. He likes his teams to be defensively solid first and foremost. Also just watching Chelsea under Mourinho from the 14/15 season on wards they have been terrible on the counter attack due to their deep starting position. They scored one goal from the counter attack in the 14/15 season when Chelsea won the league.
Reply 1479
Original post by Kutta
He isn't leaving I agree, he isn't getting dropped I disagree :u:

He's not a good enough number 10 in my view as he doesn't have the prowess to unlock a defence...

Remember Jose dropped Iker Casilas and nobody in our team is a bigger legend than he was at Madrid

He dropped Casillas because he believed he was leaking news to the media, not because he was playing poorly, hence why he was dropped for Antonio Adan of all people initially, then when Diego Lopez came in and actually was a competent goalkeeper he displaced Casillas. He would have used Casillas at least once or twice in the league if he was actually interested in playing in form players(unlike what he did with Courtois and Cech last season, when Courtois had a bad game or two Cech was in the sticks).

Saying that he was right to drop Casillas, but if he was motivated in actually reviving his form he would have done so(like he attempted with Ivanovic the season just gone by). He clearly had other motives when he did drop Casillas.

Original post by Fizzel
No you need to have some credibility, Zlatan has no history with the team on a professional or personal level. Is he going to know how to speak to smooth of over dressing room disputes, or when someone has not got their head in the right place. What happens if no one in the team actually likes him? Would put him way down the list as an option.I don't think its worth speculating on Rooney. You are not going to know Jose's true motives at this stage. He's going to bed himself in before enacting a power play with someone like Rooney anyway. The problem with dropping Rooney is no one has a solid case to displace him. We'll have to wait and see either for how we play or signings.
I think there is more than a solid case to displace him in a theoretical sense but since Mourinho doesn't fancy Mata and prefers more industrious no.10s Rooney will play there. He could use Mkhitaryan there but he's been great playing off the right for Dortmund and that then relies on Depay delivering from the right side and improving his defensive work rate.I know what I'd do. Pogba/all purpose midfielder comes in, Schweinsteiger/Carrick plays alongside Schneiderlin and Pogba/multipurpose midfielder plays behind Ibra. Mkhitaryan, Martial, Depay, Valencia, Rashford rotate for the winger positions. Mata rotates with Pogba.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest